Is it too early for a January 2010 roll call?

Lucille

January 2010 Roll Call

Is it too early to start a January 2010 roll call?

(Date: Board member's name, resort)

December 29-January 14: BLY
December 30-January 7: TTA-ATW, YCR and SSR
December 30-January 9: disneypearl, Coronado Springs and Pop Century
December 31-January 9: dizzney, BWV and BLT
December 31-January 17: Renee48, Polynesian
January 1-6: vadsnylvr, All-Star Movies
January 1-9: ZuzuPetals, Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge
January 1-10: wdwmap.com, Polynesian
January 1-10: popsicletrees, Pop Century and Polynesian
January 1-10: Disneybird, Pop Century and Polynesian
January 2-12: rodman1369, Beach Club Villas
January 3-7: Future Guy, Contemporary
January 3-8: chawk2004, BLT
January 3-10: Nicole220, Beach Club
January 3-10: papercut, CSR
January 3-10: natalia1681, off-site
January 4-9: dubba10, Polynesian
January 4-11: bigdonpaul
January 5-12: IMPoppins, All Star Music
January 5-12: Sweet Melissa, POFQ
January 6-13: petersenjp
January 6-13: Tinkrbell, Pop Century
January 6-13: Summerland24, POR
January 7-8 : LeeSeeBabe
January 7-13: WDWCPF98, Pop Century
January 7-16: tommyp, BCV
January 7-16: bcone, BLT
January 8-11: GoofyFan1
January 8-13: gjpjtj, POR
January 8-15: enough, Boardwalk Villas
January 8-16: DisneyPrincess5, the Polynesian
January 8-17: sweetpea_1993, AKL
January 10-17: Michael Hall
January 10-17: disney4life2008, Pop Century
January 10-17: farmersbell, POFQ
January 10-17: scotth1224, POR
January 11-18: JoeWDW
January 11-20: LongballMG and themoose, Pop Century
January 12-15: disneylemons, Boardwalk
January 15-20: PoohBear119, BLT and Contemporary
January 16-23: Goof-Man, CBR
January 17-21: skyhawk8519, WL
January 18-25: DougK, Polynesian
January 20-26: mitchk, All Star Music
January 20-27: Lucille, Pop Century
January 21-26: rjwalter, Boardwalk Villas
January 22-25: Epcotfan21, Beach Club
January 22-31: Krueg66, Caribbean Beach
January 23-30: raceroom, POFQ
January 23-30: hockeymeb, Pop Century
January 23-30: tazhughes, Boardwalk Villas
January 23-31: obrienIII, POFQ
January 23-February 1: Club 34, CSR
January 23-February 1: disneyfankev, Pop Century
January 24- : amaley01, POR
January 24-29: captainkidd, Beach Club Villas
January 24-31: pixiesteno, All-Star Music
January 25-February 1: ZipaDeeDooDad, POR
January 29-February 1: MistressLynnie
January 30-February 3: sparky03, Pop Century
January 30-February 6: DonChi, Contemporary
January 31-February : GentlRose, Wilderness Lodge

(I'll add people's info as they post it to the thread. If I get something wrong or forget you, let me know.)

P.S. If anyone starts a Pre-Trip Report, please post a link! I love reading them.

sweetpee_1993

We added a night to our trip. We figured we'd just get in super-late Friday night then sleep in Saturday to start out rested. Our new arrival date is 1/8. WooHoooo!!!!

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

Thanks! Yup, I don't know which one yet, I won't know until my first day down there. But I'll be sure to let everyone know, just in case you may be staying at my resort!
You actually find out where you're working on your 2nd day there & then get your cast id the 3rd or 4th day.

I'll be there Jan. 6-13 at pop century. Gonna be working Jan 9-11. (costuming at epcot & dhs.)

Upvote 0

vadsnylvr

I am very excited about my January trip (January 1-6 at All-Star Movies). January 1st will be my daughter's 18th birthday and this is her present from me.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

OMG! Sometimes being a FL resident and a passholder can be a pain! With the 1st discount for next year potentially being released next week I'm in a frenzy of mental gymnastics trying to figure out overall savings with the different discounts that could be coming. Plus, my in-laws (not FL residents or passholders) who are going at the same time we are have given control of all details of their trip to me it's that much more to figure out. My mo-in-law sends me a check every month then I make payments towards their vacation. It's been weird but fun to do. I think I have all their number crunching down & on paper. I've got to go sit with them tonight or tomorrow to see if the savings differences are enough for them to change their cancellation policy (from the 7 days on a room-only to the 45 days on a package). Their work schedule is ever-changing so the cancellation policy can potentially be a deciding factor in everything.

I think, for us, we'll hold out for a room-only discount vs. the package discount (rumored to be the stay4/get3free)....unless the $200 gift card is included. If that happens we'll go with the package.

All the number-crunching is working on my brain.

Anyone else out there working numbers? Anyone got their ADR lists figured out (for those of us goofy enough to get a preliminary idea prior to the hours/schedule being released)? I'm trying to minimize how much I have to do when the January calendar appears because I have a little less than a week to have the complete list ready to send to the IPO people so they can get everything reserved & confirmed.

I'm in planning overload! I love it! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
OMG! Sometimes being a FL resident and a passholder can be a pain! With the 1st discount for next year potentially being released next week I'm in a frenzy of mental gymnastics trying to figure out overall savings with the different discounts that could be coming. Plus, my in-laws (not FL residents or passholders) who are going at the same time we are have given control of all details of their trip to me it's that much more to figure out. My mo-in-law sends me a check every month then I make payments towards their vacation. It's been weird but fun to do. I think I have all their number crunching down & on paper. I've got to go sit with them tonight or tomorrow to see if the savings differences are enough for them to change their cancellation policy (from the 7 days on a room-only to the 45 days on a package). Their work schedule is ever-changing so the cancellation policy can potentially be a deciding factor in everything.

I think, for us, we'll hold out for a room-only discount vs. the package discount (rumored to be the stay4/get3free)....unless the $200 gift card is included. If that happens we'll go with the package.

All the number-crunching is working on my brain.

Anyone else out there working numbers? Anyone got their ADR lists figured out (for those of us goofy enough to get a preliminary idea prior to the hours/schedule being released)? I'm trying to minimize how much I have to do when the January calendar appears because I have a little less than a week to have the complete list ready to send to the IPO people so they can get everything reserved & confirmed.

I'm in planning overload! I love it! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Is that the rumor? That it'll be the buy 4 nights get 3 free? Will we need to get a PIN code for that? (If so, how can I get one?) My friend told me that for value resorts it was buy 5 get 2 free. Is that true?

If I wait until next month to book our trip....will Pop Century be full for late January??

Upvote 0

obrienIII

Jan 9-17

Will be staying either POFQ or Poly, Jan 9-17th.....Kelly don't forget you are helping me plan for Mom & the girls for our trip also.(sweetpee)You are a sweetheart!!!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Is that the rumor? That it'll be the buy 4 nights get 3 free? Will we need to get a PIN code for that? (If so, how can I get one?) My friend told me that for value resorts it was buy 5 get 2 free. Is that true?

If I wait until next month to book our trip....will Pop Century be full for late January??

On the News & Rumors board there's a thread going that gives the source. I feel very confident with this source.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=494081

There are still a few details up in the air like will the deal require length of stay tickets. If so it renders this promotion useless to APs. If/when the discount is released I'm sure you will need a PIN code. Nobody will have it until the discount is released, tho. Also, it has been stated that the values will be stay5/get2 but nobody knows 100% yet. Nobody has said anything about the $200 gift card or if the discount applies to dining or if you'd still pay 100% of the dining on your length of stay. Just take this info as a big red flag to keep your eyes peeled. I've had a feeling that this year's discounts could come out a little earlier than last year.

Will be staying either POFQ or Poly, Jan 9-17th.....Kelly don't forget you are helping me plan for Mom & the girls for our trip also.(sweetpee)You are a sweetheart!!!

:lol: How do I get roped into this stuff??? It sure would've been nice to have someone show me the ropes rather than have to do my own homework when I was learning. I need to start charging a fee! :lol:

Keep your drawers on. I'm keeping an eye on stuff and will let you know. Email me with exactly what you want as far as resort options and if you're going to go the Florida resident route or not. Keep in mind that everyone on your reservation has to have the same package.

^^^
I'm not being mean to obrienIII, y'all! Don't go :fork: me for being a be-ahch to someone. That's my brother! :cool:

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
So if they do release a deal with a PIN code, how does one get the code? Do you have to get the code BEFORE you book?

EDIT - you don't have to answer if you don't want. I went over to that rumor thread to ask some questions. I'm new to all this. I've only been to WDW 4 times (and three of those times were when I was young.)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

So if they do release a deal with a PIN code, how does one get the code? Do you have to get the code BEFORE you book?

EDIT - you don't have to answer if you don't want. I went over to that rumor thread to ask some questions. I'm new to all this. I've only been to WDW 4 times (and three of those times were when I was young.)

I was ribbing obrienIII because that's my big brother and it's fun for me. I give him a hard time because he's all dependent on the little sister. That doesn't happen much for me. :p:p

Watch the Trip Planning board here for someone to post that there's been a discount release. When you see a new thread indicating that open it and somewhere will be the PIN code. Once you have the PIN get on the phone and book if it's a PIN you want. Also, if you go ahead and book now you only have to pay the deposit amount (for a package is $200). Then when the PINs come out you can call back and apply the code which will discount what you already have. If you do it that way you're guaranteed to have your room at Pop.

I don't mind being helpful to the newer folks. Feel free to ask away on these boards. I learned a ton from people here, too. I rib my brother because he has me to help, plan, show him stuff, etc. whereas I had to find the right websites, good forums, and find the information I needed to put together my little plethora of knowledge. I don't mind helping others do the same. I'm hoping to make a regular planning-guru of my brother someday, too. :animwink:

Oh! And love your avatar, Lucille!

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
I was ribbing obrienIII because that's my big brother and it's fun for me. I give him a hard time because he's all dependent on the little sister. That doesn't happen much for me. :p:p

Watch the Trip Planning board here for someone to post that there's been a discount release. When you see a new thread indicating that open it and somewhere will be the PIN code. Once you have the PIN get on the phone and book if it's a PIN you want. Also, if you go ahead and book now you only have to pay the deposit amount (for a package is $200). Then when the PINs come out you can call back and apply the code which will discount what you already have. If you do it that way you're guaranteed to have your room at Pop.

I don't mind being helpful to the newer folks. Feel free to ask away on these boards. I learned a ton from people here, too. I rib my brother because he has me to help, plan, show him stuff, etc. whereas I had to find the right websites, good forums, and find the information I needed to put together my little plethora of knowledge. I don't mind helping others do the same. I'm hoping to make a regular planning-guru of my brother someday, too. :animwink:

Oh! And love your avatar, Lucille!

Thanks for the info! There are so many sections on this board it's hard to figure out where to go to find things.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Thanks for the info! There are so many sections on this board it's hard to figure out where to go to find things.

It's okay. This thread is on the "WDW Resorts, Trip Planning & Cruise Line" board. Keep checking this area and you'll see when discounts get released. Keep cruising around and you'll get more familiar with everything.

Upvote 0

Sassagoula

I'll be there in January too! :sohappy: Exact dates are sorta complicated at the moment. I wish Disney would hurry up and release those darn park hours because it's impossible to plan and make ADRs when you have no idea what park you'll be at!

Also... did anyone go on MLK weekend this year? How bad was it, really? I keep seeing conflicting reports, everything from "it's as bad as Easter" to "just slightly busier than usual". I know January gets busier every year... any firsthand experience with that weekend?

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

I'll be there in January too! :sohappy: Exact dates are sorta complicated at the moment. I wish Disney would hurry up and release those darn park hours because it's impossible to plan and make ADRs when you have no idea what park you'll be at!

Also... did anyone go on MLK weekend this year? How bad was it, really? I keep seeing conflicting reports, everything from "it's as bad as Easter" to "just slightly busier than usual". I know January gets busier every year... any firsthand experience with that weekend?

I was there that weekend (I was a cp,) but I honestly cant remember there being a crazy busy weekend in January once new years & the marathon were over. If it were really busy, I would be more likely to remember it. I know this probably doesnt help you much, but its other person's opinion on how it was.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom