is it really necessary to go to magic kingdom????

_tinkerbell_

Original Poster
:lol: well me and my family have been to all the disney parks 7 times and magic kingdom doesnt seem to change. so next year we were going to miss that one out, but we are now takin my daughters friend hes 15 so we thought that we should take him there because if its your first time its really magical. do you think this is really necessary? do they have anything new in magic kingdom since september/october 2005?? and do they still do park hoppers?? because last time we went we couldnt get them anywhere:wave:

napnet

Heretic! :) I never miss it even if we only go for a few hours. I think most of the magic is there and I feel more like a kid at the magic kingdom than anywhere else.

Pioneer Hall

That is the park that defines Disney for most people. I couldn't imagine not going there. With park hoppers you don't even have to spend a lot of time there, but it is the true classic park.

barnum42

Park Hopper tickets by name may have gone, but you can still buy tickets that let you go from one park to another on the same day.

If you are there for enough days, then MK is worth a shot - depends if the fifteen year old lad is open to the magic or will be too macho to visit a potentially "kiddy" park.

I couldn't imagine NOT going to the Magic Kingdom. For me, it IS Disney. Don't get me wrong, I really like the other parks to, but the MK will always be my first choice. You are always a kid at the MK. Especially with your own kids. And yes, there still is a park hopper option, you just have to add it to your base ticket.

disneypearl

I think that your daughter's friend should go to the Magic Kingdom. I think it is the park that has the most magic. I love walking down main street and watching the castle coming closer and closer. That is a great experience.

Boray

The Magic Kingdom IS Disney. The classics like POTC and IASW are what define Disneyworld (for me, at least). The Magic Kingdom is where the magic begins for me and I need to begin my trip there. It doesn't have to change or add anything for it to be a necessary visit for me. Especially if it's a guest's first visit to the world, you really need to visit that park.

Boomer55

All I have to say is "MK is Disney". Our first day and last day are always spent at MK. There just is no other place to bring back the magic and filling of beeing a kid. This next trip will be our first with a teen boy (14) but all other teens we have taken have ranked it #1 of all the parks. And i'm sure he will love it also.

hankhill

Iam not listening...I am not listening...I am not listening

I cannot believe my mouse ears.....

Seriously everyone has their opinion and tastes change as the years go by. For my money though my trip is not complete without coming under the train and coming thru and onto main street...it is truly magical.

Three more days...three more days...
I am too excited to sleep. :king:

David

Is it really necessary to ask?

IMO Ya gotta go, no matter how many trips you make or how little it changes.

Ciciwoowoo

_tinkerbell_ said:
:lol: well me and my family have been to all the disney parks 7 times and magic kingdom doesnt seem to change. so next year we were going to miss that one out, but we are now takin my daughters friend hes 15 so we thought that we should take him there because if its your first time its really magical. do you think this is really necessary? do they have anything new in magic kingdom since september/october 2005?? and do they still do park hoppers?? because last time we went we couldnt get them anywhere:wave:

tinkerbell, those are fightin words! :) Yes, I think its important, vital even, to go to the MK every time. But this is a site for Disney fans. I suppose if you weren't a Disney fan, you don't need to go to the MK.

mdjbenkert

WHAT...skip the Magic Kingdom??? How can you go without at least one visit to MK? There are so many classic Disney rides and attractions to be seen. That is always our first park when we arrive, and we always have to say "goodbye" to the castle before we go home.

Ciciwoowoo

joeyjoe92979 said:
Did you guys know that the average family going to WDW for a week vacation spends 70% of their money at MK.

Learned that during my "Once upon a time is now" class, now this was 2 years ago and this number could have changed since then, but it's still pretty impressive.

Joeyjoe, interesting fact! I think my family spends most of our money at DTD, though! :) The big mouse store sucks me dry every time! ;)

RedBaron

For me personally I cant imagine not going to MK at least once while I am there. However after reading your post it sounds like no one in your family wants to go this time anyway, and depending on the attitude of your 15 year old guest, you may be wasting time. I would suggest showing him some photos or a video of the MK to see if he seems interested. If he is one of those too cool :cool: kids he may not be able to see the magic and dont know if forcing him on IASW would help.

GoofyMom2

Nemo14 said:
and it's not WDW without a DoleWhip!

:lol:

How true!

The magic that is Disney is everywhere in MK.....it is an absolute must for our family. I love walking down Main Street, seeing the castle.....the happiness in me just builds with each step!

Corny? Maybe.....but we are all Disney fans here so I know you all understand!

Plus, the teens love Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mtn etc.....You must take him!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We travel to WDW about 10 to 12 times a year for weekend trips and we only go to MK on maybe half of those trips. If this is a first time trip I would definitely say go to MK because as said be fore MK is what defines Disney. If this is one of many trips I think it is OK to bypass it.

Now I am going to curl up in the fetal position and wait for the beating to stop.:D

tigsmom

:eek:

How could you even think of skipping the Magic Kingdom?!

We seem to spend less time there every year and more in EPCOT now that the kids are bigger, but to me its not a trip to WDW without at least one day in the MK. If her friend has never been then I would plan a day there and if you finish early move on to something else. You have to pay extra for the park hopper option, but its worth it IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom