Is It Necessary To Charge For Parking

Should Disney Charge Guests To Park?

• Yes

Votes: 114 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 54 32.1%

• Total voters

Phonedave

Parking lots cost money - that's a fact.

"Free" parking is not "free", the costs are loaded onto something else.

Same goes for "free" furniture delivery, "free" shipping, and "free" buffets.

From a truly selfish position, as somone who has not HAD to pay for parking at WDW (most of the time I don't have a car there, I used to have an AP, and when I did have a car it stayed at the resort) I would like to see the costs of parking loaded on the people who are using the parking.

-dave

Skipper Dan

If you're an AP holder, then parking is free, so that excuse doesn't fly.

If you want to feel like you're on vacation, then park at whatever park you want and take a bus ride to a resort. No reason to take another guests parking spot.

You're so funny! I love this guy! :kiss:

But thanks for letting me know that parking is free for an AP holder, I had no clue! :wave:

Oh! And 'PS', I'm still gonna park at the resorts. :D

Skipper Dan

If you're an AP holder, then parking is free, so that excuse doesn't fly.

If you want to feel like you're on vacation, then park at whatever park you want and take a bus ride to a resort. No reason to take another guests parking spot.

... and besides, ain't that kind of counterproductive? :veryconfu :lol:

'Hey! Let's go park at the Magic Kingdom, then take a bus to the Coronado, then take a bus back to the Magic Kingdom! YEAH! WOO-HOO!' hahaha, no thanks.

By the way, I love ya man! :wave: :ROFLOL: :king:

captainkidd

'Hey! Let's go park at the Magic Kingdom, then take a bus to the Coronado, then take a bus back to the Magic Kingdom! YEAH! WOO-HOO!' hahaha, no thanks.

By the way, I love ya man! :wave: :ROFLOL: :king:

"Hey mom, look at me! I like to start trouble on message boards by pretending I'm a rebel and breaking the rules at Disney World!"

captainkidd

Isn't parking at a resort just to go to a park when you can park for free since you're an AP holder counter productive?

ann0d

OK everyone is going to jump down my throat, but yes it should be built into the price of a ticket. Everyone uses Disney transportation in one form or another to get to the parks, weather you drive yourself, use a bus, monorail. All those have costs, so why should one person be penalized and not another. (Other than the fact that Disney wants you to control your whole visit) Personally we stay in the park and drive so we do not have to pay, but in all fairness it should be built into the price. I never understood paying for parking, you are visiting (and paying) to see their park or sports venue.

captainkidd

OK everyone is going to jump down my throat, but yes it should be built into the price of a ticket. Everyone uses Disney transportation in one form or another to get to the parks, weather you drive yourself, use a bus, monorail. All those have costs, so why should one person be penalized and not another. (Other than the fact that Disney wants you to control your whole visit) Personally we stay in the park and drive so we do not have to pay, but in all fairness it should be built into the price. I never understood paying for parking, you are visiting (and paying) to see their park or sports venue.

I won't jump down your throat. At least you accept what it is and play by the rules.

As you said, they want you on property. Is it right? That's debatable, but it is what it is.

When you look at other travel expenses (airfare taxes, cruise port taxes, costs of passports, etc.), I think Disney park tickets are actually a bargain. For $500 a year I get to visit the theme parks as many times as I want, get discounts on food and merchandise. It's not a bad deal.

ann0d

Yes that is what I am saying. We stayed off site for years because we were getting a free condo from FIL. Paid for parking and just accepted it. Heck we go to Universal and stay at their hotels and they charge to park in the hotel lot. What is up with that? LOL

Our decision to stay on property is partially based on several things.
1 we love Fort Wilderness.
2. We can afford it now, when all my kids were little there was a lot more budgeting going on. Now we only have to take one, and our finances are in better shape.
3. Hey we got pins for free dining the last two times we went.

We don't have a annual pass since we only go every year or every other year. My personal opinon is Disney wants to control everything about your vacation, and I fall for it! LOL :shrug:

timeman

I agree with the posters who said they should offer a discounted parking ticket.They should offer a discounted parking ticket online and the more days you buy the parking ticket for the more you save. I have an Annual Pass and don't have to worry about paying for parking. Almost all theme parks charge for parking unless you are a passholder, except for one. Holiday World doesn't charge for parking and also they don't charge for fountain drinks at their park.

captainkidd

I agree with the posters who said they should offer a discounted parking ticket.They should offer a discounted parking ticket online and the more days you buy the parking ticket for the more you save. I have an Annual Pass and don't have to worry about paying for parking. Almost all theme parks charge for parking unless you are a passholder, except for one. Holiday World doesn't charge for parking and also they don't charge for fountain drinks at their park.

Lake Compounce is Connecticut is the same way. Canobie Lake in New Hampshire doesn't charge for parking either.

Rescue Ranger

Its reasonable I think. As long as they do not charge resort guests, its fine by me. Is more of a reason for why you should stay at a Disney Resort.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney is a company.

A company exists solely to make money.

If they could, they'd find a way to claim ownership of the air in their parks and charge you to breathe it.

This is not a statement of whether I agree or approve (I don't). This is just a statement of fact.

captainkidd

That's me! :wave:

:ROFLOL:

I love this guy! UP TOP! (High fives his fellow board member/Disney buddy)

:cool:

Look, we could go back and forth joking around until Walt is unfrozen. But in all seriousness, it's just personal choice. Is what you're doing a big deal? Of course not. Personally, I have much more of a beef with the idiots snapping flash pictures in Pirates than anything else. The point I'm trying to make is, we all have the option whether or not to try and break the rules, even if it's just a bit. I'm not a saint by any means, but Disney has their policies and I'm gonna follow them. If everybody decides to stop following policies, whether it be pool hopping, reusing refillable mugs, or parking at a resort they're not staying at, Disney is eventually gonna make everybody suffer because of it. Perfect example - The biometric finger scanners.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Transportation is it's own little business, like every other division in the Walt Disney World Company. Each division has it's own budgets, etc...that have to be funded. Parking fees get thrown into this coffer. Resort guests are paying their own transportation fees that are "hidden" in the room rate. So nobody is getting free parking. The AP holders (if they are regular visitors)are getting the best bang for their buck, as parking (and all other transport) is a perk of the pass.

PS FOUR MORE DAYS TO GO! Whoopie!

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Disney is a company.

A company exists solely to make money.

If they could, they'd find a way to claim ownership of the air in their parks and charge you to breathe it.

This is not a statement of whether I agree or approve (I don't). This is just a statement of fact.

Um..no?

Rasvar

Someone has to pay for the doors on the trams because people couldn't follow the rules and kept having the kids (and themselves) fall out and go splat on the concrete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom