Is It Necessary To Charge For Parking

Should Disney Charge Guests To Park?

• Yes

Votes: 114 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 54 32.1%

• Total voters

Disney05

Ok, stupid question. For the first time we're staying off property so we'll be renting a car. If we go to a park in the morning, pay for parking, leave then come back later on, are we charged for parking again? I'm assuming yes, but I don't know.

rsoxguy

Ok, stupid question. For the first time we're staying off property so we'll be renting a car. If we go to a park in the morning, pay for parking, leave then come back later on, are we charged for parking again? I'm assuming yes, but I don't know.

No. Parking is for the day.

captainkidd

That's not a stupid question at all. I'm curious actually to find out the answer to that one.

Rasvar

Not only is the parking you pay for good all day but you can also park hop the parking. Just keep the parking ticket/receipt you get. A parking pass bought in MK is good at Epcot, DHS and AK. (plus any other combinations)

Jay & Sue

Transportation is it's own little business, like every other division in the Walt Disney World Company. Each division has it's own budgets, etc...that have to be funded. Parking fees get thrown into this coffer. Resort guests are paying their own transportation fees that are "hidden" in the room rate. So nobody is getting free parking. The AP holders (if they are regular visitors)are getting the best bang for their buck, as parking (and all other transport) is a perk of the pass.

PS FOUR MORE DAYS TO GO! Whoopie!

Well said. Disney is very good at making you think that you are getting something "free". A portion of the inflated room rates at the resorts goes towards "free" parking and other "free" things. In some form or fashion everyone is paying for the "free" perks.

Rasvar

Well said. Disney is very good at making you think that you are getting something "free". A portion of the inflated room rates at the resorts goes towards "free" parking and other "free" things. In some form or fashion everyone is paying for the "free" perks.

For years there was a separate transportation ticket. Then it was merged into the ticket price and there was actual wording that a charge for "Disney Transportation Company" was included in the ticket. Later on, that wording was dropped. Not even sure if it is considered a seperate entity anymore or is just another operating unit of "Disney Parks".

Mickey2minnie1

I have another question. We are for the first time considering staying offsite. I feel guilty and a bit of a traitor. I have always considered myself a loyal Disney fan.

My question is if my DH wants tortious offer the day at a park and not have to pay for it, where would be the best place for drop off and pickup in you opinion?

EvilQueen-T

when i take my car i expect to pay more for the space. when i don't take it i don't want to be paying extra and we all know they're not just going to give up those dollars.

the only thing i wish were different is those parking lot guys we basically pay for were good for more than just checking to see if each car is legal. someone did a hit and run on me during a stay at the poly last year. we used disney transportation during our stay so i don't know how many days all the glass lay around my car and my bumper stuck out but considering there is a piece of paper in the window that says i'm a poly guest and had my name on it you'd have thought one of those guys could have at least left a message for my room. the lady at the resort store (when my granddaughter mentioned what had happened) said, "oh the little white acura out front...i saw it had been hit...to bad" aaaaahhhhh!

KingdomofDreams

Of course they should charge for parking. Yes, $15 is expensive, but it is no more expensive than any other stadium or theme/water park anywhere in the U.S. today. It is a bit cheaper than some actually.

Resort guests and Annual Passholders get free parking - as they absolutely should - but regular off-site guests definitely should pay for parking. As someone already mentioned, if they didn't charge for parking, that cost would only be passed on to every park guest in some other way. Better to charge those who use the service.

Thrill

Yes. Parking lots do cost some money (not a whole lot, but it would be some staff, paving, etc.), and it serves as an incentive to stay on property (a small one, but an incentive nonetheless).
Either Disney would completely absorb that loss of revenue, or tickets would subsidize the parking lots. This would be completely unfair to resort guests, who would be double-paying for parking at this point -- once with their hotel room, and again with their ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom