Should Disney Charge Guests To Park?

• Yes

Votes: 114 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 54 32.1%

• Total voters

Kobe!!

Original Poster
Along the lines of parking like the other thread that is going around...

Do you think Disney really should charge for parking? Maybe include it w/ the ticket price instead (sort of a cover up)?

KeithVH

Of course they should. Why should I, who hasn't taken a car to thre world in 9 years, subsidize yet a more expensive ticket price increase for the minority who do drive?

wilkeliza

Yes they should have you pay for parking because not every guest uses a car while at Walt Disney World. It would be unfair to "hide the cost" in a price increase because there are thousands of resort guests who never use the parking at the parks and we would be paying for something we never use.

SFMarine

It is a punch in the face for those who are unaware that they need to pay for parking. Practically anywhere you go now they charge you to park so it is to be expected. As far as including it in the ticket price, that definitely would not work since many do not have cars to begin with.

One thing I like about staying on Disney property is that they do not charge you to park at the resort vs Universal who does charge you. Only downside is if you decide to drive to any of the parks you still have to pay even though you are a guest. It is usually faster to take your car vs. Disney transportation.

HM GhostHostess

Considering the fact that Disney is constantly increasing the prices of everything on the property and yet maintenance is becoming practically non-existant, I don't think we should have to pay them a little extra for parking. Maybe if the Transportation and Ticket Center received a much needed refurbishment and cleaning, then I would be a little more enthusiastic about forking over the money for parking.

thrupaytonseyes

One thing I like about staying on Disney property is that they do not charge you to park at the resort vs Universal who does charge you. Only downside is if you decide to drive to any of the parks you still have to pay even though you are a guest. It is usually faster to take your car vs. Disney transportation.

Resort guests do not have to pay for parking at the parks. You just have to show them the parking pass you got at your resort and they wave you through.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It helps fund transportation.. if it wasn't collected here, the money would have to come from somewhere else.

At least this way people using it pay more then those that aren't using it.

disney fan 13

It helps fund transportation.. if it wasn't collected here, the money would have to come from somewhere else.

At least this way people using it pay more then those that aren't using it.

15 bucks a day is extreme, I say 5 bucks.

( I thought the reason disney worlds prices were higher then disneyland's was because of transportation?)

flynnibus

Premium Member

( I thought the reason disney worlds prices were higher then disneyland's was because of transportation?)

$5 won't even get you an hour of parking in many places. $15/day is cheaper than most city parking.

What are you referencing to to call it 'extreme'?

Even meter parking in many places is about $1.50/hr. At $5 - they might as well not even charge as it would seem petty to people.

wilkeliza

Try parking at Six Flags. It is 20 dollars a day for parking where you have to walk pretty far to your car and 30 dollars if you want to park closer to the main gate. Getting out of the one here in NJ after a long day in the parks is awful and there are always problems with theft in the parking lots.

disney fan 13

$5 won't even get you an hour of parking in many places. $15/day is cheaper than most city parking.

What are you referencing to to call it 'extreme'?

Even meter parking in many places is about $1.50/hr. At $5 - they might as well not even charge as it would seem petty to people.

True, I most be spoiled since I only pay for parking in Orlando and the beach...

P.S you did not answer my other point...

flynnibus

Premium Member
True, I most be spoiled since I only pay for parking in Orlando and the beach...

P.S you did not answer my other point...

about disneyland?

Apples and oranges. Cali is more expensive, parking is at a premium around the park in Cali, etc, etc.

Cali doesn't have the luxury of just laying a hundred acres of asphalt and walking away. But they also don't have the transportation network to support WDW does.

SMS55

Should they? No, but if people are willing to pay for it, charge it. I don't like it, but I am a capitalist. I understand.

menamechris

As someone else said., parking fees help fund the transportation department. So people paying for parking help pick up the tab for the buses and gas that cart resort guests around for free. It's a necessary evil from that regard. And with the way gas prices are, and the maintenance that must be done on all those buses, it seems to be a necessary evil anyway you look at it.

Jimmy Thick

And why should Disney not charge for parking? You are only a guest at Disney World/ Disneyland, its Disney property and it will never be your home. They have every right to do as they wish.

Jimmy Thick-Golden Oaks anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom