• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

rle4lunch

if there was only some way to harness the amount of presumptuous dookie on this thread... We could power the eco-green bulldozers all the way thru the demo process of dino-land.

lazyboy97o

Sure, but I think now we're mixing up 'story' with 'theme'. Normally this really wouldn't matter (Matterhorn & Space Mountain have themes, but no real story - and that's ok!) But because AK has ...thus far... been very consistent with its subject matter, the stories of possible new additions to the park are being heavily scrutinized.
Those attractions do have stories. A specific linear narrative with backstory is not the only form of story.

Because I'm interested in the topic of Indy coming to Florida and this is where the thread is heading so I'm stating my points and sticking up for myself. Isn't this what a forum thread is supposed to be about?
Sticking up for what? Not caring? If you don’t care then there is nothing to stand up for. If you have a point then actually stick up for it, don’t try to elevate by denegrating the subject matter.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Those attractions do have stories. A specific linear narrative with backstory is not the only form of story.

Sticking up for what? Not caring? If you don’t care then there is nothing to stand up for. If you have a point then actually stick up for it, don’t try to elevate by denegrating the subject matter.
I do care. I actually care a lot about Disney. I was just saying in my post that I don't scrutinize every little thing to such an extent like many on these boards do.

In my other posts you could see I was sticking up for the fact that I think the overall look/theme of Indy Adventure looks like the overall look/theme of Animal Kingdom and I can see how they can fit something like Indy in if maybe they change the idea of Animal Kingdom to be a, sort of, extension of Adventureland WITH the animal/conservation aspect still intact. The back and forth comments led to me giving that comment about myself not being as strict to the theming in the parks and you just happened to pick that one out and try to make me look like I don't care.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but you don't gotta be mean, dude. I'm always lurking on these forums and rarely comment, even though I want to, because it seems every time I try to get involved I'm ridiculed by some because I don't agree with the "it's all **** now" and "everything they do now sucks" attitude.

WildcatDen

Nothing Coaster-style in your tea leaves?
It was mentioned as the "E" but I got the impression that the water ride was thought of in a more favorable light. Still, a coaster was mentioned as either the main E or potentially a new add D/E but Serpico seemed to doubt the chance of 2 new E Tickets replacing a D and a C/B. I think, if they go coaster over water, then yes it would be a coaster style. Interesting the way it was described.

We have a sorta themed sorta bare bones "Indiana Jones" style coaster up here at Kings Island. I think, if done in a more "Disney Way", Adventure Express would be a nice D addition . . .

peter11435

In my other posts you could see I was sticking up for the fact that I think the overall look/theme of Indy Adventure looks like the overall look/theme of Animal Kingdom and I can see how they can fit something like Indy in if maybe they change the idea of Animal Kingdom to be a, sort of, extension of Adventureland WITH the animal/conservation aspect still intact.
The issue I have with Indy at dak is that in their current state the two don't mesh. Indy has nothing to do with animals or nature. Sure you could alter the story to make Indy fit the park in its current form. Or you could alter the theme of the park as your propose to make Indy fit in its current form. But why? Why turn either one into something it's not just to make this work. There are already two parks at WDW where Indy could go without having to compromise the integrity of the IP or the park itself.

ChampDisney

I do care. I actually care a lot about Disney. I was just saying in my post that I don't scrutinize every little thing to such an extent like many on these boards do.

In my other posts you could see I was sticking up for the fact that I think the overall look/theme of Indy Adventure looks like the overall look/theme of Animal Kingdom and I can see how they can fit something like Indy in if maybe they change the idea of Animal Kingdom to be a, sort of, extension of Adventureland WITH the animal/conservation aspect still intact. The back and forth comments led to me giving that comment about myself not being as strict to the theming in the parks and you just happened to pick that one out and try to make me look like I don't care.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but you don't gotta be mean, dude. I'm always lurking on these forums and rarely comment, even though I want to, because it seems every time I try to get involved I'm ridiculed by some because I don't agree with the "it's all **** now" and "everything they do now sucks" attitude.
Don't mind him. He's one of the few on this board who'll fight till death just to appear right.

bclane

Archaeology is about the preservation of man's own history, not that of animals. Nor about how man's nature relates to the nature of animals. Indy is a series of movies that happen to have exotic locations within it where animals live, but they are never about them.

I like Indy, and I can't imagine any of the above would stop them from adding him to AK if they wanted to, but to suggest that the property is readymade on-theme for the park is a big stretch.
Here's a scenario. Indy discovers dinosaur bones in a temple and the bones are decorated in a way that indicates they are clearly religious artifacts of some civilization (so of interest to an archeologist since they aren't just bones). The bones hold the key to discovering whatever he is looking for and set him on a course that eventually leads to him finding living dinos. Problem solved. Indy fits in AK and the dinosaurs get to stay. Anyone? Oh well, I tried.

ChewbaccaYourMum

The issue I have with Indy at dak is that in their current state the two don't mesh. Indy has nothing to do with animals or nature. Sure you could alter the story to make Indy fit the park in its current form. Or you could alter the theme of the park as your propose to make Indy fit in its current form. But why? Why turn either one into something it's not just to make this work. There are already two parks at WDW where Indy could go without having to compromise the integrity of the IP or the park itself.
Exactly it could fit perfectly in Adventureland, but the problem I see is does Magic Kingdom really need more rides right now compared to the other parks. And it could fit in Hollywood Studios, but they’re already getting Star Wars, Toy Story and Mickey and yeah it needs more, I agree, but I think Animal Kingdom, even after Pandora, needs way more. With a little more of a broader message to animal kingdom of like animals/Adventure/jungle/wild/the planet and conservation then you could add more rides like Indy and keep the amazing look of Animal Kingdom and message. I’m just having fun with this. I love Indy and would love for it to come to Florida and if this is the only chance we’ll get then I’ll defitnitly take it!

Minthorne

I dunno, coming across Mt Everest and then having a Yeti encounter vs. COming acrosss a lost temple in the Jungle and having a Indy encounter. Both seem about the same as far as how much they mesh with AK's theme. It's loose but say the queue for Indy is all through snake exhibits and jungle/rain forest.

That said, I actually prefer Dinosaur to the Indy attraction in DL.

ChampDisney

To his credit, he stays respectful, and replies with thought-out posts. That's more than I can say for some on these boards.
Absolutely. I'm not knocking him down personally. Truth to be told, his knowledge over some of these topics do come in handy and I appreciate that. It's just the ongoing back and forth when he seems not to agree with some. Just let people be or simply agree to disagree.

Monorail_Orange

Exactly it could fit perfectly in Adventureland, but the problem I see is does Magic Kingdom really need more rides right now compared to the other parks. And it could fit in Hollywood Studios, but they’re already getting Star Wars, Toy Story and Mickey and yeah it needs more, I agree, but I think Animal Kingdom, even after Pandora, needs way more. With a little more of a broader message to animal kingdom of like animals/Adventure/jungle/wild/the planet and conservation then you could add more rides like Indy and keep the amazing look of Animal Kingdom and message. I’m just having fun with this. I love Indy and would love for it to come to Florida and if this is the only chance we’ll get then I’ll defitnitly take it!
MK really does need more rides - or if one prefers, CAPACITY - admittedly, the problem with putting Dr. Jones there is while it would increase capacity, it would also create additional draw, like TRON. There might be an argument that over time the capacity would remain but the draw would decrease some, but only if investment in the other 3 parks continues, and thus creates other draws there.

Monorail_Orange

Absolutely. I'm not knocking him down personally. Truth to be told, his knowledge over some of these topics do come in handy and I appreciate that. It's just the ongoing back and forth when he seems not to agree with some. Just let people be or simply agree to disagree.
Well, it is a discussion board, which nominally, carries a certain amount of back-and-forth. I do see your point, however.

peter11435

I dunno, coming across Mt Everest and then having a Yeti encounter vs. COming acrosss a lost temple in the Jungle and having a Indy encounter. Both seem about the same as far as how much they mesh with AK's theme. It's loose but say the queue for Indy is all through snake exhibits and jungle/rain forest.

That said, I actually prefer Dinosaur to the Indy attraction in DL.
A yeti is a fictional animal, Indy is a fictional human.

Last edited:

ChewbaccaYourMum

MK really does need more rides - or if one prefers, CAPACITY - admittedly, the problem with putting Dr. Jones there is while it would increase capacity, it would also create additional draw, like TRON. There might be an argument that over time the capacity would remain but the draw would decrease some, but only if investment in the other 3 parks continues, and thus creates other draws there.
That’s what I’m saying. They need things like the beautiful broadway theater they’re building off Main Street. Perfect addition to MK imo

Top Bottom