Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

To be honest, I feel that if IJ was put into DAK, that Rohde would indeed make it work. I'm not really bothered by the idea in the sense of "it will destroy the theming in DAK" or anything. It can work if properly executed.

My main gripes are that (1) it is a complete waste of resources because Dinosaur is perfectly good and so spending the money to convert it to Indy is just a waste at a resort that has plenty of other needs, (2) DHS needs a lot more help beyond what is planned and IJ would be a better fit there and (3) I'd rather see them focus on other areas of DAK to actually expand that park.

I'm sure Indy in Dinoland would be cool, but a Shanghai POTC tech Indiana Jones boat ride in DHS would be a very exciting idea (if that's actually a possibility) and exactly what that park needs.

Agreed with you completely here. Indy wouldn't 'ruin' AK.

People thought Pandora would ruin AK.

Now, does Dinoland "need" Indy? No. Of course not. But it *could* be done right and not be the end of the world.

I'm just tired of replacing (unless they replace the carnival; that can go anytime). And DHS needs another attraction, BADLY, and an Indy water ride is perfect for the park. It seems like such a no brainer to me.

It's not hard.

Build the Excavator in Dinoland. Upgrade Dinosaur, rename it to Countdown to Extinction.

Build the Indy boat ride in DHS. Behind the stunt show. Upgrade the stunt show.

I mean. How hard is it? Not that they care about pleasing us, but we'd ALL be pretty happy with this.

doctornick

As a counter point, if the plan was to build a South America land in DAK on the plot north of Asia and have it be sort of like Lost River Delta at TDS but with a nice animal trail... I'd be all for it. Having an IJ ride as part of an actual expansion of that park and having his adventure be embedded into the theming of that land rather than gerrymandered in after the fact would be a better situation.

I mean, I'd prefer IJ at DHS but I'm not completely opposed to that IP going to DAK.

DanielBB8

My main gripes are that (1) it is a complete waste of resources because Dinosaur is perfectly good and so spending the money to convert it to Indy is just a waste at a resort that has plenty of other needs, (2) DHS needs a lot more help beyond what is planned and IJ would be a better fit there and (3) I'd rather see them focus on other areas of DAK to actually expand that park.

I'm sure Indy in Dinoland would be cool, but a Shanghai POTC tech Indiana Jones boat ride in DHS would be a very exciting idea (if that's actually a possibility) and exactly what that park needs.
Dinosaur is an once and done attraction. Indy is great, repeatable, and has marketing potential. The Indy makeover will alleviate the lines at the other rides especially Flights of Passage or Safari. It’s just that good.

DHS needs more work, but Indy isn’t it. They won’t move the ride system there so what the heck.

Sure, DAK needs expansion so why not Indy? DAK can also benefit by adding Bugs Land from California Adventure. With Dino-Rama on the chopping block, another kids area will be a good addition, but at a different location that’s closer to the Tree.

Kman101

As a counter point, if the plan was to build a South America land in DAK on the plot north of Asia and have it be sort of like Lost River Delta at TDS but with a nice animal trail... I'd be all for it. Having an IJ ride as part of an actual expansion of that park and having his adventure be embedded into the theming of that land rather than gerrymandered in after the fact would be a better situation.

I mean, I'd prefer IJ at DHS but I'm not completely opposed to that IP going to DAK.

Me too. I'd be all over this in AK.

I'm with you. I'd prefer IJ at DHS but I'm not completely opposed to it going into DAK (if done right and not just "look! it's INDY! In Dinosaur? .... cue confused guests)

DanielBB8

Me too. I'd be all over this in AK.

I'm with you. I'd prefer IJ at DHS but I'm not completely opposed to it going into DAK (if done right and not just "look! it's INDY! In Dinosaur? .... cue confused guests)
Who will remember Dinosaur? Dinosaur who? Indy was always there.

Haymarket2008

As much as I would love a South American land in AK, I wouldn’t want that at the expense of the Prehistoric aspect of the park. Which I feel is integral. The execution isn’t great, but it’s an important part of the structure and purpose of the park.
Also Indy is SO inherently MGM/DHS (to me, at least), that I would really feel not so great about it going anywhere else. In WDW, he has been a part of that park’s fabric since Day 1.

Skibum1970

As much as I would love a South American land in AK, I wouldn’t want that at the expense of the Prehistoric aspect of the park. Which I feel is integral. The execution isn’t great, but it’s an important part of the structure and purpose of the park.
Also Indy is SO inherently MGM/DHS (to me, at least), that I would really feel not so great about it going anywhere else. In WDW, he has been a part of that park’s fabric since Day 1.

What if they added Indy to Adventureland? Might not be enough space but just saying. Mind you, DHS needs the ride more than MK.

AEfx

...but a Shanghai POTC tech Indiana Jones boat ride in DHS would be a very exciting idea (if that's actually a possibility) and exactly what that park needs.

While I can see a "Indy discovers ancient Dinosaurs" - I can't wrap my head around "Indy's high seas adventure".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom