Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Movielover

While I can see a "Indy discovers ancient Dinosaurs" - I can't wrap my head around "Indy's high seas adventure".

First Movie: Takes place on a boat and then a sub in the middle of the ocean...
big_1479581094_image.jpg

Third Movie:
Scene takes place on a boat in the ocean...
giphy.gif

and

crusade-9.jpg

Scene takes place on a boat surrounded by boats...

Literally ZERO on-screen appearance of a dinosaur in a Indiana Jones film. Now which one is a more believable scenario?

Just saying ;)

GlacierGlacier

First Movie: Takes place on a boat and then a sub in the middle of the ocean...
big_1479581094_image.jpg

Third Movie:
Scene takes place on a boat in the ocean...
giphy.gif

and

crusade-9.jpg

Scene takes place on a boat surrounded by boats...

Literally ZERO on-screen appearance of a dinosaur in a Indiana Jones film. Now which one is a more believable scenario?

Just saying ;)
And of course, the fourth movie takes place in the Amazon, with the boat car things and waterfalls.

DanielBB8

Not sure why said poster feels the need to repeat their opinion over and over and over ... and over ...
I said my opinion once, but was quoted and responded to several times. So thanks for letting me know over and over and over again that some disagreed with me. And oh yeah, I disagree Dinosaur is repeatable. It’s not. If you don’t mind, I’ll respond to posts without your permission.

SirLink

So I've been away for a while and see messages like the Great CapEx cut, an old phrase comes to mind:

'rob Peter to pay Paul'

Disney are absolutely lost yet again. They should be spending some of those profits to make more money. Hey ho.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I've been away for a while and see messages like the Great CapEx cut, an old phrase comes to mind:

'rob Peter to pay Paul'

Disney are absolutely lost yet again. They should be spending some of those profits to make more money. Hey ho.

Well, a few billion dollars every year doesn't go as far as it used to.

"Honey, you have to take a few things off your list. Santa can't carry all that stuff and Mommy ain't giving up her cigarettes and white wine."

Robbiem

What happened to the UoE dinosaurs? If they are still around they could plus dinosaur and/or be used in a more family friendly ride in dinoland.

Indiana Jones really should be in DHS either as an updated version of the Disneyland/Disneysea ride or a new ride dased on pirates tech. If you added the coaster from tokyo you could have a great area along the lines of lost river delta as DHS Adventureland and thats not including the stunt show if it could be repurposed

SirLink

Well, a few billion dollars every year doesn't go as far as it used to.

"Honey, you have to take a few things off your list. Santa can't carry all that stuff and Mommy ain't giving up her cigarettes and white wine."

Disney should be increasing the capex or at least maintaining it. Your analogy doesn't work for the current circumstances as they want to buy Fox, and are punishing consumers with an inferior product.

DanielBB8

Disney should be increasing the capex or at least maintaining it. Your analogy doesn't work for the current circumstances as they want to buy Fox, and are punishing consumers with an inferior product.
On other hand, Disney’s stock is at $102. It’s off it high of $120. It lagged the Dow. It hasn’t performed well at all despite being highly profitable. Disney has too much debt. These capital expenditures are taken from profits via debt. Buying Fox is all part of the same strategy of increasing assets to increase revenue as they did with Lucas, Marvel, and Pixar.

The products aren’t inferior. They are quite good, but there’s limits to how much they can deliver.

SirLink

On other hand, Disney’s stock is at $102. It’s off it high of $120. It lagged the Dow. It hasn’t performed well at all despite being highly profitable. Disney has too much debt. These capital expenditures are taken from profits via debt. Buying Fox is all part of the same strategy of increasing assets to increase revenue as they did with Lucas, Marvel, and Pixar.

The products aren’t inferior. They are quite good, but there’s limits to how much they can deliver.

Shouldn't matter you have to spend money to make money, spend more on the parks. Also yes WDW as a product is inferior on its self from the early 90s.

doctornick

What if they added Indy to Adventureland? Might not be enough space but just saying. Mind you, DHS needs the ride more than MK.

Wouldn't mind it and there is a large plot next to the POTC show building in MK that can be used -- they could pretty much clone the DL setup if they wished. But personally I'd rather see Indy in DHS and using the Shanghai Pirates tech, while using the Adventureland plot to build something distinct like Fire Mountain.

SirLink

Each Star Wars Land alone is said to cost $1 Billion. Then each major ride cost upwards of $100 million or more. Avatar is easily $1 Billion.

Avatar was cut from 3 attractions to 2 before shovel hit the dirt and still internal strife when shovels were hitting the dirt.

The problem is as the cap ex is being cut we end up with dumb ideas such as Indianna Jones running from a T-Rex, rather than reimaginaing to south America wholesale. Disney needs to stop cutting from budgets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom