Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
At first I wasn't at all on board with Indiana Jones having an adventure in Animal Kingdom, but then I realized it could work. A complete slapstick comedy where an old Harrison Ford thinks he's on a real archaeological adventure in Animal Kingdom running all over the place, going from continent to continent (Asia, Africa, the Oasis, Dinoland, etc.), getting in fistfights with confused tourists. Heck, the half hour where's he's digging in the Boneyard only to have his son, Shia Laboeuf (played expertly by Jack Black) inadvertently knock him out with a turkey leg will be pure comedy gold.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At first I wasn't at all on board with Indiana Jones having an adventure in Animal Kingdom, but then I realized it could work. A complete slapstick comedy where an old Harrison Ford thinks he's on a real archaeological adventure in Animal Kingdom running all over the place, going from continent to continent (Asia, Africa, the Oasis, Dinoland, etc.), getting in fistfights with confused tourists. Heck, the half hour where's he's digging in the Boneyard only to have his son, Shia Laboeuf (played expertly by Jack Black) inadvertently knock him out with a turkey leg will be pure comedy gold.
You were doing great until you advocated wasting a turkey leg...

Russ0418

Dinosaur is byfar a favourite ride for me, have ridden it since 2005 and make sure to go on at least twice during my stay. It would be pretty sad to change it out, especially to an area that wouldn’t truly fit into the AK theme of Animals.

IJ would absolutely belong in MGM more than in AK.

Edit: Called is MGM, old habits die hard I suppose!

Justinate

I understand, from a cost perspective, why they would remodel an existing ride to fit the Indiana Jones theme. But AK is already short on rides, and it could do with a South American land, which they can easily duplicate from Tokyo DisneySea's Lost River Delta. They have an Indy ride for the family plus a lightly-themed coaster for the teens.

WowFactor

While IJ does not decide whether or not to come to AK, look who's already arriving...
Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 13.55.55.png

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
While IJ does not decide whether or not to come to AK, look who's already arriving...
View attachment 280730

You know what would be amazing? A Star Tours simulator style attraction where you're riding in a plane piloted by Launchpad McQuack. I don't care if it's more geared towards Darkwing Duck or Duck Tales... just so long as it's Launchpad as the pilot... just too great of a character to go to waste on TV shows alone...

Anyways, back to Indiana Jones at AK...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom