Is Fantasmic worth it?

joelleharbert

OK, here's my dilemma. I'm up in the air about whether or not my family of 6 should do Fantasmic and specifically, if we do decide we're going to stay for Fantasmic, should we do the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood and Vine? We have three children (two of whom will probably be exhausted after a full day at MGM) and I'm worried whether they can last an entire day at MGM and then sit still through Fantasmic. Here's my thought process on this: Head to MGM around lunchtime (even though you're always supposed to go in the AM) and then stick around while the masses leave and then ride our favorites. We're going in Sept, so I'm hoping the crowds won't be too horrific, but you never know. We didn't see Fantasmic when we went two years ago and this is our last time going for probably the next five years, so what should I do? I don't want to screw up our whole day at MGM just so my DD and DS can make it until Fantasmic. What to do?:veryconfu

DDuckFan130

I think if you get to MGM at around noon, you can do most, if not all the attractions without getting tired (MGM is a small park).

I highly recommend Fantasmic if you've never seen it or won't see it for a while. One thing I caution is the loud noises and the fact the show centers a lot around villains. Otherwise, it is our favorite nighttime show and we never miss it!

Oh, and if you sit in the first few rows, chances are you may get wet :lol:

Enjoy!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lanipie

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Fantasmic. It's our favorite of all the nightime shows. My 6 year old neice LOVES it.

I've heard that with the dinner though, your seats aren't great. But it does keep you from having to show up an hour ahead of time to just sit around holding your seats.

It's really an amazing show. I wouldn't miss it, but that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Fantasmic. It's our favorite of all the nightime shows. My 6 year old neice LOVES it.

I've heard that with the dinner though, your seats aren't great. But it does keep you from having to show up an hour ahead of time to just sit around holding your seats.

We've arrived at the theater maybe 45 minutes before the show, and always get front row, center. It seems a lot of people don't go straight for the front row when they go in :lol:

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Don't skip Fantasmic! It's a wonderful show!

I did the package during my May-June trip and was extremely pleased with the seating. It is on the right side of the amphitheater as you face the "stage," but there are ample good seats to be had there. I'm booking another package tomorrow for my trip in October. :D :sohappy:

The only part that I was disappointed with was the menu selection at Mama Melrose's. Other than that, it was all good! Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Along with what everyone else is saying...don't miss out on Fantasmic.

We did MGM starting around noon-1 ish and caught the first showing of Fantasmic. We had time to do everything twice, and it was during the week of Easter with those spring break crowds.

Upvote 0

Connor002

Yes.

There's your answer. :lookaroun
(On a side note, we have never done the dinner, yet have always had excellent seats. Perhaps it's just luck, though.)

Upvote 0

IcicleM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FANTASMIC! @_@

Do NOT miss this show! :)
Let me just tell you, I have seen that show 6 or 7 times, and each time, I get Goosebumps, and I cry those tears that just kind stream down your face when you're smiling. It's sweet, it's beautiful, and it gives you this beautiful image with beautiful music, and OH MY GOSH I get this empowered feeling whenever Mickey comes on stage, like I'm just sitting there rooting for him the whole way.

Seriously,you and your kids will get into this show and they will LOVE it! Especially if you might not be back for five or so years. :)

Upvote 0

cmatt

this is going to sound silly... but is the show seasonal? when does it wrong?
:-S being a metal head i have the art of getting to the front anyway (i queued up for 5 hours for velvet revolver at the secc glasgow ;)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Your question has been answered repeatedly - DON'T MISS FANTASMIC !

Your problem still remains regarding your son and daughter - unfortunately you don't give their ages but one assumes that as your worried about tiring them out they're on the youngish side. You have already offered one solution - go to MGM around noon. Your other alternative is to have a relaxing day (at your resort) and then go into MGM just to watch Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

L Fisher

You need to do it! Awesome show! It sounds like you've got young children. If so here's a suggestion: Have you thought about going to MGM in the morning and do what rides you can, then go back to your hotel so the kids can take a nap. Head back to MGM in the late afternoon this way everyone is in good spirits. I've heard the dinner package is not worth it, but if you decide to wait in line, you need to get there an hour early to get a decent seat.:wave:

Upvote 0

Punkss

Just in case you haven't got the message yet...

Yes! Me and the girlfriend really, really enjoyed this and a great end to the day for us. We left with beaming smiles.

Upvote 0

MicheleK

DON'T MISS IT!!!! My husband is NOT a Disney fan, he goes every year for the kids and myself. BUT he absolutely LOVES Fantasmic! I mean LOVES it. When he's watching that show, he is just as much a Disney fan as we all are!

Did I say DON'T MISS IT???? :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

I have to strongly agree! We visit every year and Fantasmic is the one "don't miss" thing we do. We actually get park hoppers, in part, because we can't imagine missing that show and the Studios hold limited appeal to us these days. We own the soundtrack, I have a video clip stored on my computer, and we are very hooked on that show. From the opening scene to the "Steamboat Willie" finale, it's the best thing at WDW. DON'T MISS IT!

Upvote 0
Is it worth it, Gosh, Does a dog take a crap on my lawn everyday? Yep, so that would be a ofcourse its worth it. But MGM get yourself a park hopper cus its not worth a whole days ticket if you ask me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom