Is entitlement becoming an issue?

ItlngrlBella

Wouldn't WDW require filming permits? What about liability papers of she's behind the scenes like that? I'm thinking you're right about something bigger happening, but... I still can believe it started as something cute and innocent and now has become this crazy cyber-fame media team monstrosity.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the WDW social media team meetings listening in on their talks about Lane.

She's EVERYWHERE - even popping up on my Pinterest. She brings them so much viral attention it's unreal. Yet, when WDW has a talented CM's go viral (like Peter Pan) and made international news (Gaston), those CM's folks disappear, are suspended or demoted.

They brought just as much (if not more) free viral PR to WDW. Not fair - WDW should reward their own folks for the same thing.

Last edited:

BrianV

I think all @BrianV was getting at is "they're getting their money's worth by going to WDW a ton on their AP."

Exactly. There are endless debates here whether an AP is better than tickets, etc. I think we can all agree that if you enter the magic kingdom 200 times a year, between parking and admission, they got a good deal. At the daily rate that would be something like $120/day for admission and parking (of course the daily rate would not makes sense...).

I get to go a couple of days a year, and that is pretty good for most people!

wendysue

Thank goodness I don't have (and don't want) a smartphone, twitter account or instagram, etc. It's nice to actually have a life that doesn't involve constantly having my head DOWN and paying very little attention to anything else..
Another good thing about not caring for any of that is..if I do something funny or stupid and someone posts it somewhere and others go crazy saying nasty things and re-tweeting it,
I WON'T EVER KNOW and I can just keep on doing crazy and/or stupid things :D

Last edited:

jlthomas81

Just to clarify on the rides with characters, the following happens every morning:
1) Tremaines ride the carousel
2) White Rabbit and Alice ride the teacups
3) Aladdin and Jasmine ride the carpets

All ride with guests. The difference is that they usually split up to be with more guests.

I have personally seen Alice ride the teacups before.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
When I see the word "entitled" all I can think of is "I'm just bitter because I didn't think of it sooner" and "that's not fair that they're getting that and I'm not"...
Nope, when I see a parent ruining their child's perception of the world around them, my instinct is to feel anger towards that parent and pity for that child. It's not my goal to copy them and, in turn, ruin my own child out of some twisted sense of envy. Maybe that's how your brain works, but not mine.

drew81

If Disney would put out some rares once in a while maybe some of this craziness would subside.

Anyone remember Villains Unleashed 2013?!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If Disney would put out some rares once in a while maybe some of this craziness would subside.
1. Not if certain people were given notice weeks in advance so they could dress up like those "rares" and then the "rares" spent 20 minutes with those certain people while ignoring the rest of the guests.

2. Disney did this two years ago. It was called "Limited Time Magic" and it was universally mocked and ridiculed.

Acolli18

Nope, when I see a parent ruining their child's perception of the world around them, my instinct is to feel anger towards that parent and pity for that child. It's not my goal to copy them and, in turn, ruin my own child out of some twisted sense of envy. Maybe that's how your brain works, but not mine.
To each his own...Parenting works different for every person, obviously. I've seen many cases where the child does not turn out worse off in the end. Guess it is a case by case situation...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That is from a filming of the Ellen Show. It's in the hashtag.
So I might have been mistaken on who owned the boom mic, but the girl being on the Ellen Show isn't really a point in her corner in terms of being just a "normal kid."

ETA: The post by @NowInc seems to confirm my original assumption and makes it look even worse as they're apparently actively campaigning to get on Ellen.

mousehockey37

So I might have been mistaken on who owned the boom mic, but the girl being on the Ellen Show isn't really a point in her corner in terms of being just a "normal kid."

It's going to come to a point where this will happen in the future and people aren't going to put up with it. Be it an actual celebrity in line or a high powered lawyer or something, someone's going to see this going on, film it with their own camera/phone (being told it's private and such) and they will go directly to Disney or slap a lawsuit on it.

This little girl and her mom, with the behavior they are showing, with the things that they know that no one else does, are slowly ruining things for everyone else. Why? See what I said prior. They're going to cross someone the wrong way and Disney will have to respond.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I guess I can't get into the anger at this family. Is it over the to IMO? Yes. But Disney is allowing it. As you have pointed out its all over the web. If Disney doesn't like it they will put a stop to it. From what I have read this family is not being rude or causing problems - their followers are. If I saw this in the parks I would smile and think it was adorable. It's not really causing my family to miss out on anything, if it was then I would complain. We have had plenty of magical moments without a camera crew or Instagram posse. And we have had plenty of M&Gs that last longer then hug-picture-goodbye. My daughter has waltzed with Belle, taught Merida to Irish dance and gone through the contents of her purse item by item with Lady Tramaine just to name a few. Characters do there best to make each child feel special.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Disney is supposed to be an EQUAL experience for the guest, regardless of social or financial status.

I hate to say it, but Walt Disney World is not there as a charity to provide EQUAL experience for the guest. People with a better financial status always have a better experiences. They stay at better hotels, eat better meals and get better service. I had a private party a few years back at Disney Hollywood Studios. When planning I was given a list of extras that I could add to the party and they included everything from private viewing areas, private meet and greets with Mickey, tours of things the public cannot see extra, etc. We had thirty people meeting one night and we did rent a private viewing area for Fantasmics!. We included a full dinner and drinks before the show. everyone in the group paid their share and it cost each of us a few bucks, but was well worth it. PS, did not have a private meeting with Mickey because it would have cost more than the dinner for 30 people.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I hate to say it, but Walt Disney World is not there as a charity to provide EQUAL experience for the guest. People with a better financial status always have a better experiences. They stay at better hotels, eat better meals and get better service. I had a private party a few years back at Disney Hollywood Studios. When planning I was given a list of extras that I could add to the party and they included everything from private viewing areas, private meet and greets with Mickey, tours of things the public cannot see extra, etc. We had thirty people meeting one night and we did rent a private viewing area for Fantasmics!. We included a full dinner and drinks before the show. everyone in the group paid their share and it cost each of us a few bucks, but was well worth it. PS, did not have a private meeting with Mickey because it would have cost more than the dinner for 30 people.
What we're talking about is not someone paying more for additional experiences. They're paying the same amount but being given a better experience at the expense of others and in front of others. We're not comparing a guest who pays for a private function to a day guest. We're comparing one day guest who gets a superior experience to every other day guest who gets the shaft whenever little miss princess and her mommy are around.

The analogy would be if you paid for a private function at the same time @Master Yoda paid the same amount for the same private function, but @Master Yoda had some cast member friends so those cast member friends took all the deserts that were set aside for your function and brought them into his function at no charge so he'd have an extra special evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom