Is Boma really that good?

k.hunter30

Ever since it opened, Boma has been our family's favorite restaurant in WDW. (Though we tried Le Cellier for the first time on our last visit and it is right up there with Boma now)
The idea of being able to try a lot of very different types of food is wonderful. I hear great things about the more upscale Jiko, but hands down I'd rather go to Boma to be able to have a little bit of everything from the buffet. My favorites at Boma are the salmon and the white bean hummus. :slurp: We eat there at least twice every visit!

DisneyMarg

Boma is much like everyone said, different. I like to try new things but didn't find much I particularly enjoyed there. There was 1 desert item I really liked. Seems like it was a truffle-type thing.

So, would I recommend it: sure. Trying new things is always a good thing. Would I go back: nope. Too many other places at WDW that I like better.

If you go and you aren't staying at AKL, make time to browse their gift shop. It's outstanding with lots of cool stuff!!!

Zebra dome

katiebugsmom

DH and I have a standing rule to try as many new restaurants and limit repeat trips to restaurants we like. The exception to our rule is Boma. No matter what for each WDW trip we take there is a trip to Boma. This is one of DH few trip requests. He must Boma and Boma often!!!!

So to answer your question, yes.......................it is that good!

Iakona

Boma is the best buffet we have ever been too and we are generally not fans of buffets.
  • We did dinner at the buffet at the Grand California in Disneyland this July and my wife and I looked at each other and could not believe the minimal choices they had :fork: . The food was good, but not great at the Grand Californian.
  • We do Chef Mickey's; this has become tradition for my son's birthday.
Boma however is in a different class (imho) than these. They have selection AND quality. My son and I are 2 of the pickiest eaters you will ever meet (and no wise a$$ comments from Stalking Mickey :p ), but we love Boma. In fact, because it is a buffet with so much selection I have been brave enough to try, gasp. :eek: ...new things.

Kerby626

We did dinner at the buffet at the Grand California in Disneyland this July and my wife and I looked at each other and could not believe the minimal choices they had :fork: . The food was good, but not great at the Grand Californian.

You should have tried Goofy's Kitchen. It's always good.

stalkingmickey

OK I just sent Pam an email to cancel my reservations at concord steakhouse and hopefully she can get me one at Boma for dinner instead. I already have reservations for breakfast at Boma the day we leave, but reading this thread has made rethink Boma for dinner. Keep ypu fingers crossed I can get in. We leave in 27 days.....:sohappy:

Testtrack321

If you can spare the money, a trip to Jiko is a must. Best food on property hands down. No joke. Try the flatbread, filet mignon, and pecan crem brule. Absolutely amazing.

Iakona

OK I just sent Pam an email to cancel my reservations at concord steakhouse and hopefully she can get me one at Boma for dinner instead. I already have reservations for breakfast at Boma the day we leave, but reading this thread has made rethink Boma for dinner. Keep ypu fingers crossed I can get in. We leave in 27 days.....:sohappy:

and if you don't like itam I in trouble?

danipooh

With all of this talk of dinner at Boma (which I love), how is the breakfast? I have reservations for breakfast there in December. Usually we do Chef Mickeys but I wanted to try something else. Do they have any "different" selections that I won't find anywhere else?

sanctumsolitude

One thing that my girlfriend particularly loved about Boma was that out of all the restaurants we went to during our vacation, Boma handled her soy allergy the best. At beginning of our meal, a chef came out from the back and walked her through the buffet line. When it turned out that she couldn't have any of the desserts, the dessert chef made her a special dessert (a yummy cup of pastry filling and strawberries). It was a level of service we didn't expect from a buffet.

DisneyGigi

I am looking more forward to Boma than any other place we have booked in September. We have never been but after looking at the sample menus and reading reviews and posts on here, I think it will be perfect for our family. We all, (even the kids) like trying different and new foods. We all also love the African/Mediterranean spices so I am sure we will be happy.
Can't wait!:)

dhcalva

Oh my God!!!! deep fried oreos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

I love oreo's. I even named one of my cats oreo.

Yeah, on one trip down there was a couple that just got married and they brought out a BIG bowl of them for them. One of the chef's saw us craning our necks to see what was in the bowl, so brought us out a plate of them, drizzled with chocolate sauce.

Wish I had gotten his name to send him a thank you, but he was an older Asian fellow.

stalkingmickey

Yeah, on one trip down there was a couple that just got married and they brought out a BIG bowl of them for them. One of the chef's saw us craning our necks to see what was in the bowl, so brought us out a plate of them, drizzled with chocolate sauce.

Wish I had gotten his name to send him a thank you, but he was an older Asian fellow.

I am so glad I canceled my ressie's at the concord steakhouse and changed then to Boma. I will be ordering fried oreo's!!!!!!!!!!!

dhcalva

I am so glad I canceled my ressie's at the concord steakhouse and changed then to Boma. I will be ordering fried oreo's!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if they only do them for special occasions or what though. I've never seen them on the buffet line, so you'll have to ask.

Let me know if you get them and how, I could use another hit of them myself. :ROFLOL:

stalkingmickey

Thanks for the heads up. We will be on our 1 year anniversary trip. I might call Boma ahead of time and ask them about having this made. I will let you know what happens 23 more days... I would post a photo of my oreo, but I have no idea how to add a picture to my post.

dhcalva

Thanks for the heads up. We will be on our 1 year anniversary trip. I might call Boma ahead of time and ask them about having this made. I will let you know what happens 23 more days... I would post a photo of my oreo, but I have no idea how to add a picture to my post.

You'll enjoy Boma. :) They also have great green beans. There are times that we've been headed over to DTD to eat and never made it past Boma. It just always smells SOOO good walking past the overlook.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom