Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you stay at Wilderness Lodge , just double check the front desk CM does not stick you with the view of the backstage loading dock where truck deliveries happen day and night and a view ( and scent ) of the huge garbage dumpsters. There are a number of rooms that front this area.
Those rooms have enclosed balconies so you can’t see the Smokehouse or trucks unloading unless you stand outside on your balcony and look down.

And the aroma is NOT garbage but yummy barbecue.

Bonus is those rooms have a perfect view of MK fireworks.

I have spent many nights in those rooms.

How many nights have you?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those rooms have enclosed balconies so you can’t see the Smokehouse or trucks unloading unless you stand outside on your balcony and look down.

I’ve spent a few…and we agree to disagree

But not as bad as the dumpster area rooms
At sago cay

Laketravis

Attachments

• 20240508_190654.jpg
    20240508_190654.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 37

Lilofan

That's correct stand outside your balcony and have the unpleasant view of the backstage loading dock and dumpsters. Not our cup of tea. We stayed in better views.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Well crap, the bar that I liked over here that sold food is closed. Jelly rolls is open, but they don't serve food
Yeah the River Bar craft beer joint closed :(

I was surprised to find out that space cannot hold deep fryer. That’s why only potato chips as a side. Makes it quite a challenge. Surprised it lasted as long as it did without chicken tenders and french fries, that make up the left half of many a food pyramid.

Laketravis

Yeah the River Bar craft beer joint closed :(

I was surprised to find out that space cannot hold deep fryer. That’s why only potato chips as a side. Makes it quite a challenge. Surprised it lasted as long as it did without chicken tenders and french fries, that make up the left half of many a food pyramid.

And I was just there in February!

DisneyHead123

Very strong cruise bookings.
I’ve noticed the cruises are getting a lot of love in the vlogosphere. The typical description is something like “The parks are great but so hectic, the cruises are a real vacation.” Now that I think of it, it’s possible that’s a talking point that comes from Disney, but it sounds like it could make sense. Also makes sense with people supposedly doing more “resort only” vacations. The strategizing for rides was always a lot but it’s felt next-level since Genie+. And after you wake up at 7 am and pay $150 for a party of 5 to get on Peter Pan, it starts to feel like “What, a cute 1970s dark ride?! After what we’ve done to be here this had better change my frigging life and also do my taxes!!” It almost ups the expectation factor so much that it diminishes the charm of the rides, in a weird way.

Anyways, long way of saying, I understand why the popularity of cruises is up.

Lilofan

I’ve noticed the cruises are getting a lot of love in the vlogosphere. The typical description is something like “The parks are great but so hectic, the cruises are a real vacation.” Now that I think of it, it’s possible that’s a talking point that comes from Disney, but it sounds like it could make sense. Also makes sense with people supposedly doing more “resort only” vacations. The strategizing for rides was always a lot but it’s felt next-level since Genie+. And after you wake up at 7 am and pay $150 for a party of 5 to get on Peter Pan, it starts to feel like “What, a cute 1970s dark ride?! After what we’ve done to be here this had better change my frigging life and also do my taxes!!” It almost ups the expectation factor so much that it diminishes the charm of the rides, in a weird way.

We love cruising since it is more laid back than parks. Eating several times a day is something we could never do in parks. Back in the day riding Body Wars and later when Mission Space opened( we call it the vomit comet ) made for not memorable experiences. I think there are even barf bags in MS for ones who yak mid flight.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I had a thought on this one…
It’s become the new “enclave” for the Disney purists…the old guard that gobbled up dvc and now find the parks distasteful.

But their pricing only works because of the limited supply.

And Bob…being Bob…is gonna yutz with that too.

pigglewiggle

I get it too, but ...besides characters, I think there are much better cruise lines for either adults or adults with kids out there.
For families, is there anything better than Icon right now?
Celebrity, Virgin, etc. for adults? Even NCL.

I personally just think Disney cruises are too pricey for what you actually get.

We go to Disney for the rides, the parks. We don't need Disney on our cruises.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom