Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a bit far out.
9 months?

The majority of people in Disney parks don’t decide to go 6 weeks out like a fool such as me does…

And it’s proven when Disney looks at longterm forecasts and does things such as this.

I’ll give you other examples:
When they started selling “limited” annual passes in April 2023…it just so happened the exact time their attendance hit the wall. They shoulda done it months before…but the bobs decided to suck up every last drop of that sweet Covid cash first.

Or when they dropped the dumb reservations (mostly) this year…it’s because they couldn’t even con themselves into thinking they could sell that as the drought will continue into at least next year.

But I bet people will return in 2025…gonna be a quiet year in Orlando 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is. But that also makes one wonder if the soft 2024 bookings are rolling into at least early 2025, or if this is something else.
Their promo needs are determined by mid to long range forecasts…always have been. As I stated above…they’ve actually under reacted to this point and should have done more. But that goes against the philosophy of hubris they have sold themselves on

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Bounceback offers are now extending into "select dates through 2025."

Take that as you will.
Season 2 Captain GIF by Paramount+

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
9 months?

The majority of people in Disney parks don’t decide to go 6 weeks out like a fool such as me does…

And it’s proven when Disney looks at longterm forecasts and does things such as this.

I’ll give you other examples:
When they started selling “limited” annual passes in April 2023…it just so happened the exact time their attendance hit the wall. They shoulda done it months before…but the bobs decided to suck up every last drop of that sweet Covid cash first.

Or when they dropped the dumb reservations (mostly) this year…it’s because they couldn’t even con themselves into thinking they could sell that as the drought will continue into at least next year.

Not 9 months. Dates thru October 2025, so 18 months.....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not 9 months. Dates thru October 2025, so 18 months.....
18 months was traditionally when CRS data was looked at for things like promos. That may have changed/reduced over time…but it’s likely still the ballpark range.

The reality is wdw demand fell in 2023 and continues to be down through 2025. Which means they could see it in likely late 2021 or early 2022.

Trends are trends…things happen. However a decline in attendance without a significant “official” economic recession is something to note.

Tha Realest

18 months was traditionally when CRS data was looked at for things like promos. That may have changed/reduced over time…but it’s likely still the ballpark range.

The reality is wdw demand fell in 2023 and continues to be down through 2025. Which means they could see it in likely late 2021 or early 2022.

Trends are trends…things happen. However a decline in attendance without a significant “official” economic recession is something to note.
Yeah but it was hot last week.

pigglewiggle

The heat may have seemed like a silly excuse in the moment, but you can't deny a lot more people are traveling in fall/winter/early spring and leaving the heat of summer behind. I know many people (well, a few) that won't travel to Florida in the heat of the summer anymore. It's too much.

JD80

The heat may have seemed like a silly excuse in the moment, but you can't deny a lot more people are traveling in fall/winter/early spring and leaving the heat of summer behind. I know many people (well, a few) that won't travel to Florida in the heat of the summer anymore. It's too much.

I know plenty of people who plan around the hottest part of the days or just don't go anywhere during the hottest part of the summer. Extreme temperatures keep people at home or indoors.

CntrlFlPete

I still have no clue why the RES system is so flaky. 3 passholder family. Decided today to go to AK. Went to book a park....nothing available today.... not a single park open for AP. Decided to check 30 minutes later....now Epcot and Studios were open.....wanted another 15 minutes and all parks were open to book.

Not sure why I checked back (mostly I could not believe that every park had too many APs coming today). Anyway, way too easy to move on a spend money elsewhere when you see you are not wanted today (and tomorrow is good to go) -- but I wanted to spend money today.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still have no clue why the RES system is so flaky. 3 passholder family. Decided today to go to AK. Went to book a park....nothing available today.... not a single park open for AP. Decided to check 30 minutes later....now Epcot and Studios were open.....wanted another 15 minutes and all parks were open to book.

Not sure why I checked back (mostly I could not believe that every park had too many APs coming today). Anyway, way too easy to move on a spend money elsewhere when you see you are not wanted today (and tomorrow is good to go) -- but I wanted to spend money today.
It’s just about cutting labor down to the penny

They won’t give it up because it implies mistakes were made and that goes against the corporate culture

And of course…bad IT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom