Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s been flat for a month, numbnuts
Yup. Quite telling about investor sentiment about the grand promises made.
chart-7.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The average American Individual carries $6500 in revolving credit card debt (unpaid portion of balance carried month to month).
The next economic crash is going to be a credit crash…people will give up paying and the banks and business will run straight to Congress.

It’s baked in. The lessons of the housing crash SHOULD have been enough…but you know…people

Lilofan

The next economic crash is going to be a credit crash…people will give up paying and the banks and business will run straight to Congress.

It’s baked in. The lessons of the housing crash SHOULD have been enough…but you know…people
Wish I knew when that was. Dow and Nasdaq are at all times high and my portfolio is enjoying this incredible bull market.

seabreezept813

$6500, that can pay for an OK WDW vacation depending on how many in your family.
I work in a high school, so I have about 40 coworkers with young families. The general consensus I get from this small pool is that most, especially the one or two trips and done, finance part at least part of their trip or do one of the Disney payment plans. One of my superiors told me that their kids keep asking to go back, but they're still paying off the trip from 2 years ago. The few of us who tend to go more regularly--yearly or every 2-3 years seem to save up for it first. Just general observations, but I'm guessing that those who love to go sacrifice other parts of their budget to make it happen. Those who suck it up to say they did it pay it off after the fact, knowing they won't be saving up to go again any time soon.

Nubs70

Wish I knew when that was. Dow and Nasdaq are at all times high and my portfolio is enjoying this incredible bull market.
When inflation is 3%+ and savings returns are 5% yielding <2% net return, equities are where the money goes. The riskier the better.

EPCOT-O.G.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/18-families-debt-visit-disney-200012525.html#:~:text=GOBankingRates-,18%25%20of%20Families%20Take%20on%20Debt%20To%20Visit%20Disney%3A%20Be,in%20Order%20To%20Avoid%20This&text=Disney%20World%20is%20a%20popular,and%20it's%20an%20expensive%20one.

With costs so high, it’s no wonder why many families find it difficult to afford a Disney vacation. A recent LendingTree survey found that 18% of Disney visitors have gone into debt for one or more of their trips to the destination. And among those with Disney debt, 8% say it will take more than a year to pay it off.

yensidtlaw1969

Magical Express was intended to help keep more guests on WDW property during their vacation.

In the age of Ridesharing guests can easily pop over to Universal in an Uber even if Magical Express kept them from renting their own vehicle. So the value of Magical Express for Disney quickly evaporated.

I agree that it was a good service and that I wish it were still running, but I can also recognize the reasons why it isn't.

wannabeBelle

I agree that it was a good service and that I wish it were still running, but I can also recognize the reasons why it isn't.
Oh it is still running, but it is a pay for service operated by Mears. Baggage handling is not included, which was the case before Disney's Magical Express, as Mears was around then too. Round trip transfers currently run about $33.00 per adult as of the last time I booked this. Marie

Lilofan

When inflation is 3%+ and savings returns are 5% yielding <2% net return, equities are where the money goes. The riskier the better.
I'm max to the hilt in equities for many years. Yes with huge risks come huge rewards. It is so sweet to sell off times to enjoy life which is too short.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're being silly.

Magical Express was intended to help keep more guests on WDW property during their vacation.

In the age of Ridesharing guests can easily pop over to Universal in an Uber even if Magical Express kept them from renting their own vehicle. So the value of Magical Express for Disney quickly evaporated.

…you know…I was thinking: I WISH someone would revisit some terrible Chapek/Kareem Daniel excuses for bad moves that look terrible to the travel marketplace

…now I can move on and think about lunch 🌮

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh it is still running, but it is a pay for service operated by Mears. Baggage handling is not included, which was the case before Disney's Magical Express, as Mears was around then too. Round trip transfers currently run about $33.00 per adult as of the last time I booked this. Marie
Exactly

It’s a burden that really ticks people off no matter what

Until the Runway ends in the Epcot parking lot…Disney has to be concerned about transport. It’s always been this way.

They took their own bad advice about “unprecedented demand” and gave the consumer another reason to question what they’re paying/getting

That’s the problem

LSLS

You're being silly.

But I wonder if there was an unintended consequence as well in that you discontinued a major perk, and kept raising prices, you have changed the value for people. Not too long ago, people would complain about the price, but would talk about the extra perks you at least got, and Magical Express was a large part of it. Even if wasn't keeping people on property the entire stay, I do wonder if it changed the value for a lot of people in terms of the feeling of not getting what you pay for now. Anectdote, but I have a friend who stopped staying on site because they lost this perk. The interesting thing, they drive to Florida. But it was symbolic to them of a loss of perks and value (basically a final straw). Weird I know, but it shows how the value structure really was tied to perks for them, even if they weren't perks they used. And if that's keeping a driver off site, I have to imagine it's kept a lot of fliers off site.

Dranth

But I wonder if there was an unintended consequence as well in that you discontinued a major perk, and kept raising prices, you have changed the value for people. Not too long ago, people would complain about the price, but would talk about the extra perks you at least got, and Magical Express was a large part of it. Even if wasn't keeping people on property the entire stay, I do wonder if it changed the value for a lot of people in terms of the feeling of not getting what you pay for now. Anectdote, but I have a friend who stopped staying on site because they lost this perk. The interesting thing, they drive to Florida. But it was symbolic to them of a loss of perks and value (basically a final straw). Weird I know, but it shows how the value structure really was tied to perks for them, even if they weren't perks they used. And if that's keeping a driver off site, I have to imagine it's kept a lot of fliers off site.
I drive almost all the time as well but still miss ME. Seeing all the Disney themed busses at the resorts and people coming and going was part of the charm in a weird way. It was always nice to know if we wanted to fly, everything would be easy and taken care of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom