Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Laketravis

As a contrast to the woes at Disney, we’re planning out the first summer vacation in a bit to Cedar Point this summer.
Now I want to go to Pigeon Forge AND Sandusky…

Damn you people!!! 😡

LOL! Now you've both got me thinking of going......what's the best (least crowded) time of year, if there is one?

SamusAranX

I went to Epcot and HS yesterday.

areas existed where you could set off a b#mb and nobody would be hurt. RotR was a ten minute call back for my friends DAS. Idk if it was extra magic or after hours event, but Epcot was DEAD after 9 pm on our way back to cars after exiting the skyliner. Employees standing at attraction entrances looking bored. It had to be costing them gobs of money to stay open.

Yet wait times were listed as 80 minutes for major attractions yet were moving at a brisk pace on standby even

Someone make it make sense for me

JoeCamel

areas existed where you could set off a b#mb and nobody would be hurt. RotR was a ten minute call back for my friends DAS. Idk if it was extra magic or

Yet wait times were listed as 80 minutes for major attractions yet were moving at a brisk pace on standby even

Well first we take these three shells then add a pea under one.......

Last edited:

pigglewiggle

Some of the other Uni hotels are significantly less money but you wouldnt get the Express Pass option with booking the room there. I love Aventura, Sapphire Falls and Cabana Bay resort. Also booking off the Spring Break holidays would be less expensive as well. I hope this inforamtion helps!! Marie

Thanks again. Sapphire Falls is much more reasonable and it has a water taxi. Since we aren't really big coaster people, I think maybe for us we would just purchase the unlimited express pass for one day for either IOA or Epic if we go when it's open and spend the other 2 days just enjoying the parks and riding what we can get ride.

wannabeBelle

Thanks again. Sapphire Falls is much more reasonable and it has a water taxi. Since we aren't really big coaster people, I think maybe for us we would just purchase the unlimited express pass for one day for either IOA or Epic if we go when it's open and spend the other 2 days just enjoying the parks and riding what we can get ride.
Sapphire Falls is lovely, I think you will very much enjoy it. Do some research between now and then, and see if the Express pass is needed at all. I havent really ever had a problem without it on any trips that I havent purchased it or gotten it as part of my hotel package stay. Epic might be worth it for Express Pass depending on the ride line up and what will be included with the pass. Have a wonderful time!!! Marie

Splash4eva

areas existed where you could set off a b#mb and nobody would be hurt. RotR was a ten minute call back for my friends DAS. Idk if it was extra magic or after hours event, but Epcot was DEAD after 9 pm on our way back to cars after exiting the skyliner. Employees standing at attraction entrances looking bored. It had to be costing them gobs of money to stay open.

I posted a photo here from my trip in November. Space 80 minutes posted. Literally a walk on. The Genie lane was longer. Checked when we exited and still the same. 🤷‍♂️. I agree. Make it make sense

LSLS

To follow up: we’re going in June about three weeks after the park opens for the season. Cost of Fastlane plus?

Don’t care. No wait or minimal compared to Disney? Not even a decision.
There's a legit chance you won't even need it. I've gone in that timeframe and it's been nothing more than 15 minute waits. BUT, here's the amazing part. Unless you are going an insanely busy weekend, you will be able to show up, determine if the fastlane is worth it based on the wait times, and then go and purchase. You aren't forced to make that decision before you even arrive (like I said, unless you go like the 4th weekend when you know it's beyond packed and they could sell out)

JoeCamel

There's a legit chance you won't even need it. I've gone in that timeframe and it's been nothing more than 15 minute waits. BUT, here's the amazing part. Unless you are going an insanely busy weekend, you will be able to show up, determine if the fastlane is worth it based on the wait times, and then go and purchase. You aren't forced to make that decision before you even arrive (like I said, unless you go like the 4th weekend when you know it's beyond packed and they could sell out)
Like Universal?

Jrb1979

That's what happens when you have 70 attractions and shows in one park.

As far as Fastlane goes, you will need it this season anytime you go if you want to ride Top Thrill 2. It's going to have a 2-3 hour wait daily

Willmark

Yep, I’ve been reading a cedar point fan forum but as noted below I very well might need it base on Top Thrill 2.

BrianLo

Interestingly Bob said on the Morgan Stanley interview:

I talked earlier about the results. This quarter that we're in, when I talked about it growing low to mid‐teens in OI over the second quarter a year ago, that's with some pretty tough comps.4 In the second quarter a year ago, we had a 50th anniversary in Florida, and we've had continued increase in labor expenses there, and we're growing by double digits in this quarter. So I think it says a lot about – in terms of why we should be investing in that business long term.

I’m just curious where all the extra revenue year on year is coming from?

It also begs the question whether they are really that bothered by attendance as they start to lap their attendance drops in Q3? They are still growing operating income somehow.

Or maybe DLR is just doing all the work?

I might have also Interpreted it as both domestic and international are projected to be up this quarter, but maybe it’s craftily worded and actually about both in totality, since he then seems to go and outline negative trends in WDW. In which case maybe it’s the favorable Asian parks performances?

And I'm pleased to say that the trends for the quarter that we're in right now look like our Domestic and our International Parks and Experiences business will probably deliver in the neighborhood of low‐to mid‐teens in terms of OI growth.

Andrew25

If we're talking quarters... it wouldn't surprise me if Q1/Q2 of Disney are their busy periods, while Q3/Q4 are slower as summer starts to become less popular to visit.

Might just be timing shift, this year will be very interesting.

Disstevefan1

Is attendance really down at WDW - NOPE!
Here a pic at MK after first fireworks - March 8, 2024
1710162481524.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom