Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Willmark

As a contrast to the woes at Disney, we’re planning out the first summer vacation in a bit to Cedar Point this summer.

Forgetting all of the other pros and cons and solely focusing on tickets.

Fastlane+ at Cedar Point to bypass the standby line will be (on average) an extra $660 for the four of us per day. But to be able to skip the standby line for rides that are superior to anything Disney offers? I’ll gladly pay that.

This really puts into perspective just how pathetic Disney’s nickel and dime “upgrades” are for line skipping.

Almost every ride with no restrictions, 27 of them in fact with only 1 being a one time on per day (Top Thrill 2.)

Sign me up. Hope you’re listening Disney but first you need to expand out your rides, and we all know how well that is going.

PREMiERdrum

As a contrast to the woes at Disney, we’re planning out the first summer vacation in a bit to Cedar Point this summer.

Fastlane+ at Cedar Point to bypass the standby line will be (on average) an extra $660 for the four of us per day. But to be able to skip the standby line for rides that are superior to anything Disney offers? I’ll gladly pay that.

This really puts into perspective just how pathetic Disney’s nickel and dime “upgrades” are for line skipping.

Almost every ride with no restrictions, 27 of them in fact with only 1 being a one time on per day (Top Thrill 2.)

Sign me up. Hope you’re listening Disney but first you need to expand out your rides, and we all know how well that is going.
Hoping to hit the Point a couple times this summer, we're right down the road in Columbus. TT2 looks incredible!

Andrew25

Those FL resident deals are working their magic at the parks... they've been slammed with no noticeable decrease in attendance first two months of the year now.

Jan-Feb have become busy, while June-July (especially last year) have seen notable attendance declines... wonder what happens this year?

Eric Graham

Cedar Point sounds like a lot of fun. I googled it. 300 foot tall coaster. We opted to go to Dollywood this year instead of Disney. We've gone before and my wife really enjoyed it. My Mom had a former hairdresser who did hair for movies. While Dolly was filming a moving here, Richard did her hair. He said what a wonderful person that she was in real life. She invited him up to stay for free at her new place at the time after that movie filmed. I believe he still uses the photo I took for him at a family event as a headshot. I've never met her, though. Just heard so very nice and wonderful things from the people at Pigeon Forge. I heard a story about her on a radio one time. She has a studio in her house where musicians would come to record. As the story goes, she went into the kitchen and made the musician chicken and dumplings while they were recording. Yum!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those FL resident deals are working their magic at the parks... they've been slammed with no noticeable decrease in attendance first two months of the year now.

Jan-Feb have become busy, while June-July (especially last year) have seen notable attendance declines... wonder what happens this year?

Defined “slammed”?

And don’t quote the wait times on the app

celluloid

I appreciate the older Ceder Point coasters but my god is Steel Vengeance a masterpiece.

Hurts the thighs even after I lost weight to average human size but it is amazing.

Gemeni is still a fun time and everyone should ride the train to boneville.

Velocicoaster over Maverick for me though.

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

Seems like they're pulling everything they can for out-of-town visit

My favorite is the Maverick, it is the best coaster I’ve ever ridden. Nothing at Disney even comes close.

Defined “slammed”?

And don’t quote the wait times on the app

I appreciate the older Ceder Point coasters but my god is Steel Vengeance a masterpiece.

Maverick was my #1 until Steel Vengeance, which was my #1 until Velocicoaster. Add in Millennium Force and you've got my top 4.

The localized ticket deals have certainly helped gate clicks at WDW, but their spending patterns pale in comparison to the out-of-towners and package bookings that they rely on.

We'll see if the terrifying summer and fall trendline gives them the fortitude needed to actually fix it.

(Spoiler alert: I don't think they will)

LSLS

Add on there is no guarantee you will need it (We went multiple times last year where we didn't depending on the day you select), and that you can get it later on if you think you do need it (as long as it's not a crazy day where it sells out) and you are still able to ride everything (unlike at Disney where if you don't have it first thing, there's a real chance you won't get on anything popular with it).

You will be really impressed (especially depending on how long it's been since you have gone). The people working there have really set a high bar (in no small part due to the big raises they gave out when they couldn't find staff), and I found it cleaner than Disney the last few times we went. The only negative is the food outside of the fries and a couple of stands is pretty mediocre at best, but I guess that's not unlike quick service at most places. And while it doesn't hold a candle to Disney in terms of theming, I might prefer it at night with all the rides lit up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maverick was my #1 until Steel Vengeance, which was my #1 until Velocicoaster. Add in Millennium Force and you've got my top 4.

The localized ticket deals have certainly helped gate clicks at WDW, but their spending patterns pale in comparison to the out-of-towners and package bookings that they rely on.

We'll see if the terrifying summer and fall trendline gives them the fortitude needed to actually fix it.

(Spoiler alert: I don't think they will)

Everytime I see someone say “steel vengeance”…it messes with me because it sounds like it should be at Kennywood 🦘

Willmark

Add on there is no guarantee you will need it (We went multiple times last year where we didn't depending on the day you select), and that you can get it later on if you think you do need it (as long as it's not a crazy day where it sells out) and you are still able to ride everything (unlike at Disney where if you don't have it first thing, there's a real chance you won't get on anything popular with it).

You will be really impressed (especially depending on how long it's been since you have gone). The people working there have really set a high bar (in no small part due to the big raises they gave out when they couldn't find staff), and I found it cleaner than Disney the last few times we went. The only negative is the food outside of the fries and a couple of stands is pretty mediocre at best, but I guess that's not unlike quick service at most places. And while it doesn't hold a candle to Disney in terms of theming, I might prefer it at night with all the rides lit up.
We were last there in 2018.

And I agree with everything you said. Theming? For me it’s not a factor when I consider the vacation.

Nor is it even really the fact of thrill rides vs non thrill rides.

As you note CP does almost everything better than Disney and has nearly the same amount of rides in what two of Disney’s parks? Maybe all of them? /sarcasm.

For me it’s the cost vs value perspective. I did not grow up with Disney so it doesn’t have some hold in me. I see it for what it is.

Add to this their absolutely pathetic pricing with ride rationing? Cedar Pointnis on one end of the spectrum, Disney on the other.

Angel Ariel

Easter falling on March 31st this year consolidates the bulk of Spring Break scheduling to either the week of 3/25 or 4/1. We're less than a month out from that.

Aside from Caribbean beach and some of the DVC properties, there is hotel availability at nearly every onsite resort for both weeks as well as Easter weekend. Further, there is still promotional availability broadly available (All Star rack $234, promo $190 / Coronado rack $377, promo $282 / AKL rack $629, promo $440).

The parks will be busy. I'll be there 3/24-3/28 with performing groups, and expect things to be tight. But the hotel business? Incredibly, unsettlingly light.
For our honeymoon we had a theme park view room overlooking seven seas lagoon at the grand Floridian for around $350/night. In the middle of the summer. And we had extra magic hours until 2-3am in MK.

Hotel rates for Disney hotels are seriously inflated. There's no way I'm going to pay $200/night for the tiny rooms at the all star hotels. If we didn't qualify for Shades, we would never stay "onsite." It's just too ridiculously overpriced with very little benefits esp since they gutted extra magic hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom