Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

_caleb

Some are claiming attendance is way down.

But when people say, "it seems like it's difficult to find reservations for this particular week," or "I was at there last week, and it was crowded," someone else jumps in and says something like, "well, that's the week after the Arbor Day break for private schools in New England, that week is always busy."

Lilofan

In other news..... is there something going on next week and the week after at WDW? I'm arriving on the 12th and I'm getting the impression from ADR's and crowd calendars that it's going to be relatively crowded. I thought I was between marathons and festivals.
Mid Feb is start of Grapefruit League ( aka MLB Spring Training ) games all over Central and South FL. What better way to be up close to the action and vacationing at WDW at the same time.

Nubs70

Some are claiming attendance is way down.

But when people say, "it seems like it's difficult to find reservations for this particular week," or "I was at there last week, and it was crowded," someone else jumps in and says something like, "well, that's the week after the Arbor Day break for private schools in New England, that week is always busy."
All depends on how many rooms are out of circulation.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Today's Disney Visa discount release is very, very telling... $129/night All Stars Spring Break thru April, $229 Caribbean Beach and $429 Boardwalk Spring Break thru *June*. That is an absolutely bonkers discount compared to rack rate.
I thought the same thing. Thru spring break and the first month of summer. Also after a Disney visa discount is released it sometimes becomes GA for others soon too

PREMiERdrum

I thought the same thing. Thru spring break and the first month of summer. Also after a Disney visa discount is released it sometimes becomes GA for others soon too
I have a block of 56 rooms reserved for a school group I'm bringing down within this window. You'd better bet I was on the phone with my group sales rep immediately... a new, public offer shouldn't be beating my group "discount" rate by $70! On this one trip, that's a difference of over $16,000 for my bottom line.

JD80

Today's Disney Visa discount release is very, very telling... $129/night All Stars Spring Break thru April, $229 Caribbean Beach and $429 Boardwalk Spring Break thru *June*. That is an absolutely bonkers discount compared to rack rate.
That's all well and good but for families the tickets are still extremely expensive.

Disney needs more ticket discount packages. It was rough when they moved back Quantity discounts a few years ago.

JoeCamel

Agreed, but gate clicks aren't down anywhere near as much as room bookings are.

They're fighting a house fire with a garden hose.
Is there a significance to the X29.xx number? Is 29 dollars the sweet spot to sell rooms?
I figure if anyone knows it would be you or Disney Data engineers.

Lilofan

When we stayed at Boardwalk in 2013, a room was $550 per night summertime rack rate.

PREMiERdrum

and I'm assuming that Disney Visa cardholder discount will likely be made available the general public in about a week or 2 based on what we've seen in the past?
I can't say I expect this exact discount to be rolled out more broadly, as it is extremely targeted and just a bonkers amount of money off of rack. However, I would expect something somewhat drastic soon compared to what we're used to seeing for spring and early summer.

Offering Caribbean Beach at nearly $200 off of rack for the VISA deal is just astounding to me. It's by far the most in-demand of the moderates and as recently as last year was hard to book for certain periods.

pigglewiggle

There are PIN codes being sent to targeted guests with fairly drastic deals stretching all the way thru the end of the year, including the holidays.

Thanks. Weirdly we had one but wasn't the dates (some of the only ones not included) we were looking to book.

I saw the new discounts, is it strange that it's only those certain hotels?

PREMiERdrum

Thanks. Weirdly we had one but wasn't the dates (some of the only ones not included) we were looking to book.

I saw the new discounts, is it strange that it's only those certain hotels?
Those were just the 3 deals they highlighted. The full offer includes many other resorts:

Rates vary based on room type, Resort hotel and travel dates. For example, use your Disney Visa card to book a stay—and take advantage or special rates—at the following Resort hotels:

• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort and Disney's All-Star Music Resort - $129 per night, plus tax for a Standard Room, for stays most nights from March 25 through April 27, 2024
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - $229 per night, plus tax for a Standard View Room (accommodates up to 5 Guests), for stays most nights from March 25 through June 29, 2024
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn - $419 per night, plus tax for a Resort View Room, for stays most nights from March 25 through June 29, 2024
Plus, enjoy other great rates at the following Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights from March 25 through June 29, 2024:

• The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - Preferred Room
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Preferred Room and Family Suites
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge (Standard View and Savanna View Rooms)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Cars Family Suite)
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom