Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Thepuma

Definitely true. It is evident. There is certainly lack of upkpeep and more wear and tear. That is what the suits favor. You are exactly right. They operate more and budget less so they can keep profits for shareholders and their bonus pockets.

This is also evident in situations like Tower of Terror at half capacity for so long and RNR needing its intensive refurb, or the Haunted Mansion closed for two days because the unloading belt was about to blow.

For what it is worth, I even question my safety on a few attractions now and I won't be back for a long, long time for similar reasons to you and the direction the company is going.

Luckily, we can do Universal and Sea World/Busch Gardens and explore and save a good amount while still doing more things.

We did Tokyo Disney this last year. We saved for ten years to do it and I will not be going to the state parks anytime soon. I am going to utilize foreign parks and travel with my passport and earned money there.

We are off to Tokyo in January too, insead of our usual Orlando trip..although ironically still giving Disney money..lol. But we are going mainly for the other sight seeing and culture. 2 days in Disney though..as people say its the best Disney park in the world.

celluloid

But that's the same with any day in Epcot to be fair.

I take it back though...we just dig Figment - said 30 minutes wait, it was a walk on lol.

Terrible underhand tactics to get people to buy Genie+
Yep. inflation to sell it. Another reason to see Guest Service takes a back seat.

Splash4eva

It is sadly, and I just so happened to be there the day it occurred. More people were ticked-off about the ride closure, and there was zero compassion for the situation that was unfolding. I'm honestly surprised I did not end up in a physical altercation or with a ban, based on some of the comments I made to these entitled animals.

Edit: Not sure if you were talking about the actual death itself, or noises being heard and that the attraction kept running.
I was referring to the noises supposedly heard by the workers that were reported and nothing done about it…. I remember the death vividly sadly

Thepuma

Well, having been here 10 days...the same 10 days I've been every year...I can categorically sayTHIS year is the busiest it has ever been.

I have never seen Living With The Land anything above 5 minutes..it is 30 today. Soarin 80 minutes, we walked out the queue as it wasn't moving (due to oversold G+ id imagine).. Frozen by the way is down AGAIN!!...Spaceship Earth 30 minutes...we've never queued more than 5 minutes ever!!..Nemo 25 mins (I've never seen this above 5/10).

There's even 1 line which looked about 2 hours long out in the sun. We asked what it was for and the worker said.."to meet figment"....I thought she was joking but she was dead serious ..I just laughed.

That new Way Of Water Moana preview thing has brutally long lines in the full sun.

I'm doing my LL+ for Guardians then we are off back to the hotel - there's no point being out today.

wdwfan22

But that's the same with any day in Epcot to be fair.

I take it back though...we just dig Figment - said 30 minutes wait, it was a walk on lol.

They wait times are just estimates. On my last visit we found the exact opposite. Runaway rail posted 40 minutes actual 65 minutes. Remy at Epcot posted 45 minutes actual 70 minutes. Frozen posted 50 minutes actual 60 minutes. It happens unfortunately.

MadderAdder

Well, having been here 10 days...the same 10 days I've been every year...I can categorically sayTHIS year is the busiest it has ever been.

I have never seen Living With The Land anything above 5 minutes..it is 30 today. Soarin 80 minutes, we walked out the queue as it wasn't moving (due to oversold G+ id imagine).. Frozen by the way is down AGAIN!!...Spaceship Earth 30 minutes...we've never queued more than 5 minutes ever!!..Nemo 25 mins (I've never seen this above 5/10).

There's even 1 line which looked about 2 hours long out in the sun. We asked what it was for and the worker said.."to meet figment"....I thought she was joking but she was dead serious ..I just laughed.

That new Way Of Water Moana preview thing has brutally long lines in the full sun.

I'm doing my LL+ for Guardians then we are off back to the hotel - there's no point being out today.
D23 crowds?

Thepuma

They wait times are just estimates. On my last visit we found the exact opposite. Runaway rail posted 40 minutes actual 65 minutes. Remy at Epcot posted 45 minutes actual 70 minutes. Frozen posted 50 minutes actual 60 minutes. It happens unfortunately.
I'll be honest...in the 100+ times I've been to Disney Parks in Orlando, I don't think I have ever waited longer than the stated time.

Tony the Tigger

lol...no wonder Americans are patient, they seem to just accept everything at face value and not question things.
Take a lesson.

You picked the wrong time to go. Get over it and make the best of your time instead of crying on the internet.

Lora Baines Bradley

Do YOU realise they have had all last night and all morning pre- opening to get the ride working.

Seeing as the ride hasn't been run since park close yesterday, there won't magically be some problem that wouldn't have surfaced last night..and if there was, they should have been in early enough to get it sorted so they are p1ssing off more and more and more people with this totally inept management.

I really admire Americans patience...you lot will wait in a (purposefully caused) line, caused by inept management and you just suck it up. In the UK there would be riots if we were subjected to such inept organisation and under hand tactics like Disney does.

Additionally it appears to be common theme in Disney parks where rides are down at park open. This is either unbelievable coincidence (too unbelievable to believe) or these things are planned in advance.

We all know why Disney do this...to ramp up times on other attractions and sell Genie+.

I for one, am getting very very fed up of their sh1tty tactics ...it just adds to the ongoing feeling of paying more and more and more for less and less.

Shame on you Disney, shame on you ....I hope you go bust and have to sell your parks to Universal Studios or for housing.
Say you’ve never worked in a theme park without saying you’ve never worked in a theme park.

judging from your other posts, it sounds like your idea of a fun weekend is going to Olive Garden and yelling at your 19 year old server

celluloid

I've been this time every year....its busier than all those times, so nothing to do with choosing the wrong time.

If so, we chose the wrong time every year not just this one.
Busy and attendance are not direct correlations. I have no doubt those individual things have bigger waits today.
For sure The Land Pavilion would be busier if a ton of guests are there hopeful and visiting Moana's Journey of water.

Tha Realest

Busy and attendance are not direct correlations. I have no doubt those individual things have bigger waits today.
For sure The Land Pavilion would be busier if a ton of guests are there hopeful and visiting Moana's Journey of water.
This is true. Certain things could be done to boost wait times even during low attendance periods. Standby vs G+, ride staffing and operational throttling.

erasure fan1

said 30 minutes wait, it was a walk on lol.

That was every wait we had at the end of July. Every ride was significantly less than the posted wait. A lot of people like to say that's just how it goes sometimes and it's not Disney trying to push you into lightning lane. I might agree if it was one or two times. But the only times it was longer was breakdowns while we were in line.

Thepuma

That was every wait we had at the end of July. Every ride was significantly less than the posted wait. A lot of people like to say that's just how it goes sometimes and it's not Disney trying to push you into lightning lane. I might agree if it was one or two times. But the only times it was longer was breakdowns while we were in line.
The worst (or best) for us was in HS last week - Rock n Rollercoaster said 40 minutes and we almost didn't bother because of it - we walked all the way round the queue line and straight into the rehearsal room!!...we were off the ride in 10 minutes!!

Lilofan

The worst (or best) for us was in HS last week - Rock n Rollercoaster said 40 minutes and we almost didn't bother because of it - we walked all the way round the queue line and straight into the rehearsal room!!...we were off the ride in 10 minutes!!
If anyone tried walking past our family while we were in queue headed towards the front , we would be having a discussion .

Miss Bella

That's true. I mispoke. The interest rate with the cost of houses right now is what changes for many. Economic income does not have people comfortably making their mortage payments as they were.
Only people that bought houses in the last 18 months are affected by high mortgage rates. Most of us are just getting crushed by inflation.

celluloid

Only people that bought houses in the last 18 months are affected by high mortgage rates. Most of us are just getting crushed by inflation.
Yes, and rising every day. Well, I am one of them, but you know who are included in that? About 50 Million of people across the nation that Disney would love to have on vacation.

Young families, who is a primary target to go to and have their traditions.
And it seems to be sticking that way from here on out.
Some won't go, some still will but guest spending is typically lower there as well.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Yes, and rising every day. Well, I am one of them, but you know who are included in that? About 50 Million of people across the nation that Disney would love to have on vacation.

Young families, who is a primary target to go to and have their traditions.
And it seems to be sticking that way from here on our.
Some won't go, some still will but guest spending is typically lower there as well.
I’ve noticed people pulling back locally. It happens so slowly it’s almost not noticeable and then you start seeing places close down.

My dh works for a major airline and they’ve been offering voluntary time off. If you visit the job forums on Reddit you’ll see how the job market is slowing down considerably. Credit card debt is at all time high, savings are decreasing. I don’t see good times ahead. I do see some better deals at wdw if you can afford it. The question is it worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom