Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Nubs70

For a slightly less depressing price comparison than Ohana (but only because the 2014 base was so much lower to begin with) I give you 2014 vs 2024 Mama Melrose.

I chose menu items that seem to be the same or similar on both menus….
Caesar Salad
2014 - $6.49
2024 - $12
Spaghetti and Meatballs
2014 - $18.99 (this version offered choices with the protein and the sauce)
2024 - $27
Chicken Parm with Spaghetti
2014 - $18.99
2024 - $28
Tiramisu
2014 - $6.49
2024 - $8.50

For reference, the 2014 pricing of those entrees is basically Olive Garden’s pricing today. The obvious lesson here is to forego appetizers and entrees and just exist off dessert.
Whatever the price of the bread pudding, I will pay!!

celluloid

jlhwdw

Even the rare WDW restaurant like Boma which, in my opinion, has not had a drop in quality when it comes to the primary menu items (desserts, kids items, etc. have) is still at a price point I don't think is worth it, even for the peak experience. Even with all of my favorite menu items on a Wednesday or Saturday, I can't justify the $56 per person + tip. If it were $40-$45, heck even $49.99 I would dine there a few times a year. But something about it being $56 makes my brain round it up to $60. Then add a few fellow diners and a tip and I just can't bring myself to pay it. So at least from me they get $0 a year now instead of a few hundred.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But that only works if people continue to fill the tables.

Everything is connected. If a family of 4 visits WDW and only eats counter service and maybe 1 table service because of high prices - that will also affect the memory of the trip and will affect future buying decisions.
No, no, you have it all wrong. Fewer people in the parks is a good thing, because revenue will increase because they'll be buying more merchandise, food, and beverages. The resident expert here told us so, and he's the only one who knows what's really going on.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Also selling for and bidding are two different things.

The asking price is 295.

Not worth the value to most that would be aware.

Something Bob Iger is totally presenting at current Stateside Disney theme parks!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...e+of+a+lifetime+bob+iger+autogarphed&_sacat=0

No one is even taking the 125 or Best offer. Ha

My bid would be...

Money Management GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom