Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

bwr827

😢😢😭😭😭 That was painful to read. GotG is amazing. I don’t love all the IP being shoehorned into EP but if you want to take a ride through the universe, Guardians Cosmic Rewind is the best Earthly way to do that.
Best new attraction since Flight of Passage.

It’s okay not to like exciting rides, but wishing them to be destroyed is just trolling. (And it worked; look at us reacting.)

Epcot82Guy

Not to put words in the poster's mouth, but there are 4 distinct aspects of Guardians.
-The Ride.
-The story.
-How it fits.
-The Big Blue Box.

You can like 1 and maybe 2 and hate it for 3 and 4. I would say the position that the big blue box is an eye sore and should be torn down is a fair one. Not that we have to agree, but it does intrude on the park a lot.

And, if they could fix 3 and 4 somehow (not possible, I realize), I think it wouldn't solve much of the negativity you might see.

bwr827

Not to put words in the poster's mouth, but there are 4 distinct aspects of Guardians.
-The Ride.
-The story.
-How it fits.
-The Big Blue Box.

You can like 1 and maybe 2 and hate it for 3 and 4. I would say the position that the big blue box is an eye sore and should be torn down is a fair one. Not that we have to agree, but it does intrude on the park a lot.

And, if they could fix 3 and 4 somehow (not possible, I realize), I think it wouldn't solve much of the negativity you might see.
I suppose. I honestly never even noticed the “big blue box” — I just saw the cool spaceship out front, took a pic with my family, and then enjoyed a fantastic ride.

I thought the theming was a fun twist on the Epcot pavilion concept.

erasure fan1

This is a Disney fan site. For years posters were complaining about long lines and hard to get reservations.
I'm not sure that's really fair. The root of the complaints about, too crowded, were based on two things mainly. The biggest was the parks stagnation for decades. They built next to nothing new in that time. Attendance kept rising and capacity stayed mainly flat. The other issue is the pulling back of secondary things like parades, streetmosphere... While reducing throughput on rides by not running at full capacity. Things like that.

I don't get the sense that anyone is complaining about attendance being down now. I think it's more of a I told you so attitude. A reap what you sew philosophy.

-The Ride.
-The story.
-How it fits.
-The Big Blue Box.

My issue is that I’m not sold on 2-4 and don’t love the ride experience (not motion sick but make didn’t really enjoy the forces going into turns/rotation). I’m happy that it’s a hit with most fans though and I’d be content if 3-4 were at least on point!

Epcot82Guy

My issue is that I’m not sold on 2-4 and don’t love the ride experience (not motion sick but make didn’t really enjoy the forces going into turns/rotation). I’m happy that it’s a hit with most fans though and I’d be content if 3-4 were at least on point!

I agree. While not my favorite, if it fit into a cohesive World Discovery narrative, I would be ok. But, like FEA and Fantasyland, it's a Tomorrowland story put into Epcot. Epcot is rooted in the real world, not fantasy. Fantasy or myth can be used to tell those stories (JoW, Imagine, etc.). But that's the one base requirement to me.

You could fix 2 and 3 pretty easily, and even 4 with some creativity.

And I don't think anyone who enjoys it would enjoy it less if you did.

bwr827

I feel like it's pretty impossible not to see ... though it's also not entirely unfixable.
I’m not claiming I wouldn’t be able to see it if I tried to - just sharing an average guest’s anecdotal experience that I didn’t notice.

Had the same experience with Tron. People complain about big boxes and I just notice the cool parts and then enjoy the ride.

James Alucobond

I’m not claiming I wouldn’t be able to see it if I tried to - just sharing an average guest’s anecdotal experience that I didn’t notice.

Had the same experience with Tron. People complain about big boxes and I just notice the cool parts and then enjoy the ride.
I just don’t think a box about as big as Spaceship Earth is terribly ignorable on the monorail ride in or when looking back toward World Discovery from the World Showcase. Similarly, TRON looms over Storybook Circus and is quite ugly from the Contemporary, but it’s otherwise indeed fairly ignorable if you aren’t in either of those places. Still, attention to those kinds of things is what traditionally sets Disney apart. The less they care for that, the less distinctively beautiful the parks are. TRON is actually pretty easily addressable, IMO; Cosmic Rewind, less so, but still doable.

jlhwdw

In regards to SeaWorld, how the park is viewed is night and day depending on who you talk to.

Watching different coaster vloggers on YouTube, many of them say SeaWorld is one of the best Florida parks.

Compare that to many here view it as an average to bad park.
The offerings that SeaWorld has are great. World class coasters, entertaining shows, and a renewed commitment to changing the way they look at animal captivity. These things make the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks some of the best in the industry.

The way the parks are operated in terms of ride operations and food service, however, make them some of the worst. Outside of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which has been able to retain what the other parks in the chain have lost, these parks are being often being operated in a way that rivals a low-tier Six Flags. Closed rides, roller coasters operating with a single train during peak season, and mass produced food service style meals with very low quality and price tags higher than anyone else in the industry.

bwr827

I’ve never heard this. I always tip based on the bill - if it’s a fancier or pricier restaurant, then that just costs more.
I think I did not phrase what I meant very well. Because of course I tip based on the bill.

I’ll try again.

Typical tip used to be 15%. Restaurant prices used to be much more reasonable.

Typical tip has (to some) risen to 20%. But restaurant prices have also shot way up.

If the point it to reward the server, 15% of vastly increased restaurant prices already means their tip amount is much higher.

Combining 20% tip with ridiculous restaurant prices means servers just got a massive raise.

Unless I’m missing something?

lewisc

Typical tip used to be 15%. Restaurant prices used to be much more
Typical tip, for good service, has been 18-20% for years. Disney's auto tip for 6 and above is 18%. I don’t remember when, or if, it was 15%.

Tipping suggestions on some restaurant checks go higher then 20%. Some go with pre tax bill others base the tip on the total

JoeCamel

Typical tip, for good service, has been 18-20% for years. Disney's auto tip for 6 and above is 18%. I don’t remember when, or if, it was 15%.

Tipping suggestions on some restaurant checks go higher then 20%. Some go with pre tax bill others base the tip on the total
Unconscionable to tip on tax.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom