Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

Shouldn't Disney stock be much higher and earning you higher dividends on your investment? Just asking I am not well versed in the market
All I care about is fund performance and how much the portfolio is up or down, with market records lately , its way up. Disney is less than 5% of one actively managed mutual fund so I don't pay much attention to specifically DIS.

wannabeBelle

There are folks who are anti Universal for whatever reason.

We enjoy all the parks in central Florida like:
WDW parks
Universal parks
SeaWorld
Kennedy Space Center
(yes) GatorLand
Even Wild Florida
Cruises are also pretty amazing!!! Florida has a number of ports with some great itineraries and I have flown into Orlando to go to Port Canaveral to get on a cruise. My sailing on Wonder of the Seas was amazing out of there. Marie

Lilofan

Cruises are also pretty amazing!!! Florida has a number of ports with some great itineraries and I have flown into Orlando to go to Port Canaveral to get on a cruise. My sailing on Wonder of the Seas was amazing out of there. Marie
FL residents got it good in that the only travel to get to the cruise ship is a vehicle ride away instead of dealing with flights to MCO then proceeding to the Port. We enjoy cruising with DCL.

wannabeBelle

FL residents got it good in that the only travel to get to the cruise ship is a vehicle ride away instead of dealing with flights to MCO then proceeding to the Port. We enjoy cruising with DCL.
I like DCL but I think that Royal Caribbean is certainly another great choice for families. The Oasis and Icon classes of ships are pretty amazing. I havent been on the Icon as of yet but we do have a group cruise offer through Kingdom Konsultant Travel for a sailing on the Utopia of the Seas. I dare you to go see and experience everything you'd want to do on that ship on one of their sailings. It simply cant be done. There is simply too much happening to get it all in on one sailing. This is a great problem to have for sure!! Marie

hopemax

They have a buy 2 get 2 days free deal going and just announced a Florida resident special where they can go every day until nearly the end of the year for a total of $199

So guessing they are slow as well or else they wouldn't bother having such deals

Slow is one reason to offer deals. Another is you want to promote growth, especially when your competition is displaying weakness. If their research indicates price is a key factor in people avoiding WDW, then being super cheap may be attractive to that type of person. Figuring once you get them in the door, they will like the Universal experience and you can charge them full price when Epic opens.

I'm not saying Universal isn't slow, but marketing is a lot more faceted than "sales are down."

Poseidon Quest

After reading through the last few pages, I wanted to make the point that WDW appears to have really driven away locals. Earlier in the thread, I mentioned how when I went to SeaWorld earlier in the month to preview Penguin Trek, the park was incredibly crowded when compared to what I've been seeing with Disney and Universal this summer.

I just got back from Tampa after previewing the new coaster at Busch and again, pretty crowded for a Thursday, but checking wait times at Disney, it's pretty dead. I even made a detour through Disney property because I4 was so backed up and I passed by the MK parking lot which was remarkably empty.

Not only is travel from tourists down for WDW significantly, but it appears that SeaWorld is scooping up a lot of locals that no longer find Disney interesting either. From my observation, Universal seems to have seen a general attendance slump this summer as well, but I think that's because there's usually so much crossover with tourists visiting both resorts. It'll be interesting to see just how much Epic changes the equation for a lot of people.

Disstevefan1

After reading through the last few pages, I wanted to make the point that WDW appears to have really driven away locals. Earlier in the thread, I mentioned how when I went to SeaWorld earlier in the month to preview Penguin Trek, the park was incredibly crowded when compared to what I've been seeing with Disney and Universal this summer.

I just got back from Tampa after previewing the new coaster at Busch and again, pretty crowded for a Thursday, but checking wait times at Disney, it's pretty dead. I even made a detour through Disney property because I4 was so backed up and I passed by the MK parking lot which was remarkably empty.

Not only is travel from tourists down for WDW significantly, but it appears that SeaWorld is scooping up a lot of locals that no longer find Disney interesting either. From my observation, Universal seems to have seen a general attendance slump this summer as well, but I think that's because there's usually so much crossover with tourists visiting both resorts. It'll be interesting to see just how much Epic changes the equation for a lot of people.
I heard SeaWorld closed to capacity on July 4th ?

Tha Realest

Pardon my asking, but are you the online video essayist? If so, love your stuff.

Poseidon Quest

BrianLo

Universal is struggling significantly as well and is projected to be through next Spring.

What begs to be seen is if they are causing pricing damage; by giving away unlimited IOA/USF access for 199 and then trying to push a three day ticket for 499-549 next year.

I honestly don’t think it’s something they are doing globally wrong, but people are purposefully putting off Universal visits this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom