Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

celluloid

According to PCDev's vlog from earlier in the week Disney was inflating their wait times significantly to try and sell G+.
So we can't really use wait times to judge how busy the parks are.

Side note. The day of this video the Universal unlimited express pass was selling for $272 per person for the day. I know it's far superior to G+......but is anyone really paying that price?

Yeah there are too many things that skew wait time data as well.

But what is also good for Universal is the wait times are similar to normal crowd levels and they are offering that Parade that has been a hit around 6 and a nighttime show that hits at 9.

And the lines are still holding near the average before those venues were a thing, which means more people are in the park.

If a FL resident comes back with only 4 people in a car 4 times, they are going to make more than if the driver in the party just got a FL resident AP and had more discounts including 32 bucks they would not have to pay every visit. This is framing new takers, not desperation.

Last edited:

celluloid

That is sheer desperation to get guests to come to Universal but an incredible deal for FL residents!

It has been in the works for a while. It is an experiment to get more Season Passes and people down the buyer's funnel in sales. It is not really desperation to charge less and give a lot less.

For a hundred dollars more, you get the same thing but a year to the date plus ancillary discounts of hotel rooms and special events with peak blockout dates.(FL Resident Season Pass) For under a hundred dollars more than that, you get no blackout dates, a year to the date and more discounts including free parking every visit.

So value wise, it is nabbing people who may just want to visit the 3 r 4 days that live in FL and have not been/been in awhile.
If they come back in this limited window of August-Mid December because they know they still have access, Uni gets more food/merch/hotel/potential brand advocacy.

This is genius and basically undercutting WDW and other attractions for the value without having to change much for it.

Last edited:

celluloid

Let's put it this way.

The wait time data for those who want to think it is accurate enough to judge both. We have to acknowledge it is almost right down the middle the same in terms of data.

Which Park opened and marketed a new E-ticket this year and a new E ticket a year ago?

Dreamworks, nigh time show and Parade are a much better ROI here than Bayou Adventure, Tron and CBJ.

And Disney is a long while from opening a new E-ticket that will draw the peeps in.
Disney has spent more money on MK than they have since New Fantasyland. And their attendance still dipped.

And guest spending for recent investments, which does one thinks sells better food and merch? Tron, Country Bears, Bayou Adventure, or Dreamworks Minions and Potter?

And ten months until EPIC makes all of this even wilder.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Are there any Indications that Uni attendance is falling off too?

I have a conference coming up at Uni in mid September. Originally conference attendance was limited due to lack of rooms. Over the last month, attendance for the conference is increasing because more rooms are becoming available.

They have a buy 2 get 2 days free deal going and just announced a Florida resident special where they can go every day until nearly the end of the year for a total of $199

So guessing they are slow as well or else they wouldn't bother having such deals

Disstevefan1

Dreamworks, nigh time show and Parade are a much better ROI here than Bayou Adventure, Tron and CBJ.
While at the same time building EPIC!
THIS.gif

celluloid

I may have posted about it before, but I used to go full-on Barney Fife when I got those in a line. Hard to imagine anything more accurate, assuming they were actually used to update the wait time data.

Those Flickcards.

The sad thing is they could do even better and more accurate now, and for a long while when nearly every party has had RFID's on them.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That's obvious Universal is hurting hence the recent FL resident promotion.
Could it be Universal is hurting some because guests aren’t going to Disney who sometimes visit both places?

I’m sure some are waiting for Epic too but MCO has set records for travel this year, but Disney and Uni is lacking normal crowds

Lilofan

Could it be Universal is hurting some because guests aren’t going to Disney who sometimes visit both places?

I’m sure some are waiting for Epic too but MCO has set records for travel this year, but Disney and Uni is lacking normal crowds
Millions don't just go to WDW and or Uni when flying to MCO . TX and FL are the two most popular states people are moving too. The reasons why flying to MCO are many but FL thanks all who support the two main economic drivers that fuel the state which are also low paying - tourism and agriculture.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Millions don't just go to WDW and or Uni when flying to MCO . TX and FL are the two most popular states people are moving too. The reasons why flying to MCO are many but FL thanks all who support the two main economic drivers that fuel the state which are also low paying - tourism and agriculture.
many are cruising and going to the beaches. Much more value for the money vs Disney these days

celluloid

Yes they do.

And what even more millions do, is go to Disney less days and Universal more.

celluloid

And the numbers say more go to Uni then WDW , I doubt it. Uni is an afterthought to us . When Epic starts selling one day tickets we will look to check it out.

I never said more go to Universal than WDW.(depending on the park, that number is getting super close and sometimes outdone though)

What is said is Millions more are going to Uni without going to WDW for as many days or at all.

Your passive language is funny to me becuase it shows you are just wanting to dismiss Universal's success. "When they sell one day tickets, we will go look to check it out"

You will buy a ticket. You will go to the theme park. How would you buy a ticket and go inside to look and not check it out? Your statement seems passively redundant.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom