Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Problem is the company is not rich and it's earnings potential going forward is doubtful
It’s like a 747 with 300 feet of tarmac left as it stands…

They really have nothing to offer - mostly due to mistakes with IP - to really scream GROWTH! for the foreseeable future.

Bob was so proud of himself he stayed until the fire in his basement made it to the upper floors

Rookie mistake.
He actually thought they’d gain $50 a share last year because he’s that “charismatic”…what a moron.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People will pay as much as you can charge if they feel like they’re getting their money’s worth.
That’s the theory…which is now leaking water like the Polish navy. Because some yutz thought he could tell them the “value”
Even Apple can’t pull that off now. The customer eventually wakes up.

You love to condescend to the “die hard fans” as though you weren’t one, but you’re at WDW this week despite constantly complaining about Disney, the parks, the crowds, and Iger’s cash grabs.

Key difference is I won’t accept the bad product…call it for what it is…and won’t apologize for it.

That doesn’t mean it’s all wrecked…but the trend line is terrible.

Those that defend bad product…like ripoff dvc, bad Star Wars and a 2023 movie slate that was insulting in its blatant disregard for what an audience wants?

…no…I’m not on that team.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For a hot minute or two the out doors food at the hub near lib tree entrance had a almost Disneyland quality churro. They put it in the churro toaster as you ordered and it fell in the cinnamon sugar coating after going through the toaster.

And though the toaster remain the reverted back to preheated churros from somewhere backstage that are under a heat lamp and by the time you order them are about as stale as can be.

Not Disney's ood and beverages the best moment for sure.

The Churro at nomad was fantastic

…but that’s the tiffins kitchen…so I’m not surprised

Vegas Disney Fan

People will pay as much as you can charge if they feel like they’re getting their money’s worth.

The sad thing is they probably could have raised prices another 50% and we’d have still felt we were getting our moneys worth, instead they started charging for all the free things that addd value and now it just feels like we’re being nickel and dimed constantly.

Disney went from being the all inclusive airline that was more expensive but offered a good service and now feels like a budget airline, you can get everything the better airlines include but you’re going to pay for them all separately, and it’ll probably cost more in the long run for something that feels inferior.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The sad thing is they probably could have raised prices another 50% and we’d have still felt we were getting our moneys worth, instead they started charging for all the free things that addd value and now it just feels like we’re being nickel and dimed constantly.

Disney went from being the all inclusive airline that was more expensive but offered a good service and now feels like a budget airline, you can get everything the better airlines include but you’re going to pay for them all separately, and it’ll probably cost more in the long run for something that feels inferior.

Excellent analogy 👍🏻👍🏻

Disone

That's the Spirit!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was there a few weeks ago after a break of more than three years and had a wonderful time. Yes, it’s more expensive than it used to, and I’m not happy about that, but the experience itself was still first-rate in my opinion. The comparison to a budget airline makes little sense to me.

Can a person accurately remember details 3 years back?

In frequenters have their uses…but not details

I just had a surprisingly good meal at Steakhouse 71…fyi 🤔

LittleBuford

Can a person accurately remember details 3 years back?

In frequenters have their uses…but not details

I just had a surprisingly good meal at Steakhouse 71…fyi 🤔
Hey, at least I feel I’m getting my money’s worth. Even if I am delusional, I’d rather live in blissful ignorance than continue to go and feel resentful about it.

Vegas Disney Fan

I was there a few weeks ago after a break of more than three years and had a wonderful time. Yes, it’s more expensive than it used to, and I’m not happy about that, but the experience itself was still first-rate in my opinion. The comparison to a budget airline makes little sense to me.
Let me clarify…

If I book with a higher end airline things like seat choice, bags, food, etc are included.

If I book with a budget airline I have to pay extra for things like seat choice, bags, food, etc.

In theory, if I buy all the “extras”, it’s same experience but one feels cheap by not including the things that are standard elsewhere.

Before when I booked with Disney it included things like transportation, FPs, MagicBands, etc… now I have to pay extra for things like transportation, G+, MagicBands, etc… if I buy it all it’s technically the same experience… but it feels like nickel and diming, especially since Disney didn’t lower their prices one cent, they just hid a bunch of costs.

Some people love airlines like Frontier and Spirit because they offer the lowest price possible while giving the option to add premium services if you want, I hate that, it feels cheap to me, I’d rather just pay one price and get a premium experience from the start.

The base Disney experience is now Spirit, or you can pay extra and get the United experience… in the past the United experience was the base experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey, at least I feel I’m getting my money’s worth. Even if I am delusional, I’d rather live in blissful ignorance than continue to go and feel resentful about it.
That’s a pretty normal mentality…so good

Disneys real problem is they’re losing THAT type…it’s not dvc and APs defecting…it’s the midrange

LittleBuford

Let me clarify…

If I book with a higher end airline things like seat choice, bags, food, etc are included.

If I book with a budget airline I have to pay extra for things like seat choice, bags, food, etc.

In theory, if I buy all the “extras”, it’s same experience but one feels cheap by not including the things that are standard elsewhere.

Before when I booked with Disney it included things like transportation, FPs, MagicBands, etc… now I have to pay extra for things like transportation, G+, MagicBands, etc… if I buy it all it’s technically the same experience… but it feels like nickel and diming, especially since Disney didn’t lower their prices one cent, they just hid a bunch of costs.

Some people love airlines like Frontier and Spirit because they offer the lowest price possible while giving the option to add premium services if you want, I hate that, it feels cheap to me, I’d rather just pay one price and get a premium experience from the start.

The base Disney experience is now Spirit, or you can pay extra and get the United experience… in the past the United experience was the base experience.
I understand your analogy, but it doesn’t work for me, because the end result when I pay for all those extras with a budget airline is still a budget experience, albeit a more tolerable one, whereas the end result with Disney remains—for me at least—wonderfully enjoyable and top-notch.

I realise others feel differently, and I’m not saying they’re wrong. I’m just offering an alternative perspective.

Vegas Disney Fan

The funny thing is we still get this feeling at WDW also, probably because we only go once every year or two and we splurge on all the extras because it’s a rare trip, however, we find ourselves questioning if it’s worth the cost after every single trip to DL now, it’s still fun but since we go several times a year we don’t buy G+, ILL, etc and without them the experience is vastly inferior to what it was before.

We can’t justify paying an extra $40 to go on a ride we’ve been on 100 times but when you don’t go on those rides the parks aren’t nearly as fun.

LittleBuford

The funny thing is we still get this feeling at WDW also, probably because we only go once every year or two and we splurge on all the extras because it’s a rare trip, however, we find ourselves questioning if it’s worth the cost after every single trip to DL now, it’s still fun but since we go several times a year we don’t buy G+, ILL, etc and without them the experience is vastly inferior to what it was before.
I can only speak for myself, but my enjoyment levels have not gone down in the years I’ve been visiting the parks. Indeed, my trip last month was among the best I’ve had (but for the obnoxiously bright LED Christmas lights!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom