Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since you might have an idea of why. I saw a few posts saying they seeing more of an older crowd in the parks and less families with young children. They can't be a good thing for Disney
What I’ve been told is that demographics are trending a little older - mostly with dvc expansion…

But on the macro level - western population growth has slowed…so that would inevitably trickle down to parks as well over time

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
First, he wouldn't know.

Second that observation is wrong. If I want to trade antedotal stories, there is no lack for families here at wdw. It appears to be the same as always. Kids are everywhere.
You have no idea…

…did you buy the dvc at fort wilderness yet? Send me pictures when you do 👍🏻👍🏻

JoeCamel

Adults cramming themselves in like sardines to watch boomy “things” is one of the most bizarre things in Orlando…

It also is a focal point that masks a real problem: lack of capacity additions that really handle crowds.

It’s become a shiny object we chase on forums such as these
Imagine waiting an hour to get in to wait more for a boat or monorail to pay to get into a place where you spend all day waiting in line for a few minutes of ridetime.
The training is complete and they are fully programmed.

eta: you wait to leave too.....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Seems like an uptick in tourism which is good news to the bottom line of the Mouse and Central FL. The ones saying the sky is falling regarding a recession looks to be falling silent. Dow Jones and Nasdaq are at record highs, money working harder than the investor actually does. Celebrate and go to WDW!
You do realize that a record number of people visited the greater Orlando area over the summer and both theme park operators saw a decline in visitors, right? But don’t let facts get in the way of your irrational exuberance. Bob thanks you for your money.

Lilofan

You do realize that a record number of people visited the greater Orlando area over the summer and both theme park operators saw a decline in visitors, right? But don’t let facts get in the way of your irrational exuberance. Bob thanks you for your money.
Lets see what the holiday numbers spell out in the next quarterly earnings call , yes Bob thanks all for their monies. Your assumption I was talking about the summer was wrong.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

That shows the discounts are working. After Christmas will be telling. Its also still looking like spring is going to be soft.

Super anecdotal but I just got a pin code for discounts for 2024 (throughout the year, but a few gaps) and I literally have never gotten one before despite visiting WDW since 1984

Brian

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Tourism tax collections down 6.4%, hotel occupancy down 10% in Orange County.

"Officials at Visit Orlando, which promotes tourism for the county, say that hotel bookings for the holidays are pacing higher from 2022 levels, and they are already seeing higher advanced bookings for 2024."

That is interesting to see right after saying it has been a steady decline of tax collected ---- why the uptick expected now?

JoeCamel

"Officials at Visit Orlando, which promotes tourism for the county, say that hotel bookings for the holidays are pacing higher from 2022 levels, and they are already seeing higher advanced bookings for 2024."

That is interesting to see right after saying it has been a steady decline of tax collected ---- why the uptick expected now?
That recession everyone expected isn't happening?

JD80

Every day people don't react to that type of recession news.

Most likely the decrease in inflation and wages increasing more than the rate of inflation is having an impact. People are adjusting to new prices and new wages. This stuff takes time.

Vegas Disney Fan

Adults cramming themselves in like sardines to watch boomy “things” is one of the most bizarre things in Orlando…

It also is a focal point that masks a real problem: lack of capacity additions that really handle crowds.

It’s become a shiny object we chase on forums such as these
The fireworks are my favorite part of the Disney parks, and one of the few things they still do far better than anyone else.

This is also why I continue to say that increasing MK attendance is impossible, Main Street and the hub are the limiting factors, it won’t matter what they do in the back of the park when the front can’t handle more crowds.

Capacity additions would help spread out the crowd during the day but the vast majority of guests will still end up piled on top of each other on Main Street for the fireworks.

Animaniac93-98

Capacity additions would help spread out the crowd during the day but the vast majority of guests will still end up piled on top of each other on Main Street for the fireworks.

They need to go back to two night parade showings and fireworks most nights.

At this point, they could probably do 2 fireworks shows a night and have both be reasonably crowded.

(having hub centric fireworks shows isn't' helping either)

JD80

They need to go back to two night parade showings and fireworks most nights.

At this point, they could probably do 2 fireworks shows a night and have both be reasonably crowded.

(having hub centric fireworks shows isn't' helping either)

They did two showings last summer in 2022 and it just made the parks more crowded because EVERYONE went late.

Never saw the parks dirtier and more crowded.

Andrew25

Please don't hate me...

But I've been in favor of them expanding the turf gardens into that area in front of Crystal Palace and the Tomorrowland Terrace. I love my water features, but even on slow days there just isn't enough viewing capacity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I saw something about this last week…”the bailout effect”
So is there no longer a concern for low crowds going into the spring and summer?
…stay tuned
Every day people don't react to that type of recession news.

Most likely the decrease in inflation and wages increasing more than the rate of inflation is having an impact. People are adjusting to new prices and new wages. This stuff takes time.

How have you come to the conclusion those wage increases haven’t been long since exceeded by four solid years of never seen before price increases?

Cause we all should have a party in your dvc villa if true 👍🏻👍🏻🎉🥳

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
That shows the discounts are working. After Christmas will be telling. Its also still looking like spring is going to be soft.
Want to book Disney Resort for a 4 night stay Christmas Week? Every hotel (non-DVC) has availability. AP Discount? You can have your pick of everything except All Star Movies.

But who wouldn't want the Grand Floridan at $1100/ night for a garden view room?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Want to book Disney Resort for a 4 night stay Christmas Week? Every hotel (non-DVC) has availability. AP Discount? You can have your pick of everything except All Star Movies.

But who wouldn't want the Grand Floridan at $1100/ night for a garden view room?

What the average guest thinks of that:

Michael Keaton No GIF

What Bob and Josh think will happen:

Futurama Buy GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom