Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Weather_Lady

…Rochester is lovely 😎

I’m a loyal wegmans shopper…but they have really cheapened their store and charged astronomical prices out of Covid.

It looks very budget and that’s not their lane.

Reminds me of wdw merch shops in many ways

True.

And whether it's a superlative grocery store or a superlative theme park, when the "best" gets a little too full of itself and starts charging way more for way less, many of their more discerning consumers will start to drift elsewhere... in my family's case, that's meant fewer and shorter trips to WDW over the past few years (with no others planned for the future), with more jaunts to Universal Orlando, luxury VRBOs in the Adirondacks, and weekends in Niagara Falls, Boston or NYC... to stretch the metaphor to its breaking point, those destinations are now the Aldis and Walmart Supercenters of our vacation life. ;)

muddyrivers

Magic Kingdom was PACKED today, which I'm guessing is due to Fall Break and/or early Columbus Day Weekend? Was not expecting it and wait times for rides were inflated due to TRON and several other heavy hitters being down for a little while this morning. When I left the parks about 1.5 hours ago, even rides like Under the Sea and It's a Small World were at a 60 minute wait :O

Andrew25

Magic Kingdom was PACKED today, which I'm guessing is due to Fall Break and/or early Columbus Day Weekend? Was not expecting it and wait times for rides were inflated due to TRON and several other heavy hitters being down for a little while this morning. When I left the parks about 1.5 hours ago, even rides like Under the Sea and It's a Small World were at a 60 minute wait :O

It's artificial. It's October now, so there are only 3 nights a week for fireworks while the other nights MK closes early at 6.

So basically packing an entire week worth's of guests into 3 days (roughly - don't take the math seriously lol)

Grimley1968

It is at least partially due to Fall Break probably. I know a ton of school systems locally have theirs this week and next. But in my experience going this time of year in the past, it didn't get really packed until the second weekend of Fall Break, which coincides with Columbus Day weekend. Generally it seems that the school systems that have Fall Break do not observe Columbus Day, but those with no Fall Break do observe Columbus Day. So this coming weekend will often combine both types of school schedules having time off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom