Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Basil of Baker Street

As someone who only dines at character meal etc i will respectfully disagree. As my trip approached especially 1-2 days before as day of. Ressies would open up at almost every one of them and at pretty favorable times as well.
There would be reservations that opened up, but not like it is now. Pretty much every location, anytime you want.
edit: Of course I could be misremembering. I am getting up there in years. :p

Splash4eva

There would be reservations that opened up, but not like it is now. Pretty much every location, anytime you want.
edit: Of course I could be misremembering. I am getting up there in years. :p
I agree tho this year is wide open bc my window just opened up for Thanksgiving and i was able to get pretty favorable times/places on my 1st shot so i get your point.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Want a real shocker? Look at what you can get as standby for a wait of 10-15 minutes.
Granted, it's lunch time right now but there are a staggering number of decent table service restaurants showing walk-up availability (10 minutes or less) right now. Plenty that aren't, but 50's, Skipper Canteen, Hollywood & Vine, Sanaa, Garden Grill...

SamusAranX

They must not be telling the truth then
Or, major attractions were down those days; that’s a major issue if the park is not named Magic Kingdom.

Just one or two rides going down in AK, HS, or Epcot drives guests to other rides and reduces hourly capacity significantly. I.e. increasing the wait times in standby. Also a byproduct most like is that it increases ILL sales, so the park really can take its time if it so chooses getting the ride back up

PREMiERdrum

The newest promo for Spring is kids 3-9 are 50% off on tickets and a dining plan with the purchase of a non discounted 4 night 4 day hotel and ticket package.

But….record attendance
The bigger - not biggest - lever has been pulled.

They're desperate to get out-of-state families back into their hotels, opening their wallets on the regular.

Andrew25

A big lever would probably be a nighttime entertainment package.

Whether it's a parade, new fireworks show, special event (included in park admission), etc.

Can't imagine they'll just let 2024 be a down year without a fight.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
A big level could be AP discounts or something to get dvc members back in the parks regularly too

Free dining would probably be the biggest even though it’s sometimes bait and switch there

Maybe they could bring back fastpasses for free and remove park reservations. That’ll do it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A big level could be AP discounts or something to get dvc members back in the parks regularly too

Free dining would probably be the biggest even though it’s sometimes bait and switch there

Maybe they could bring back fastpasses for free and remove park reservations. That’ll do it
They need to lower the pass prices

Let’s not parse…

But they can’t admit they overpriced their product publicly

It’s the direct embarrassment of “blue ocean”

PREMiERdrum

A big lever would probably be a nighttime entertainment package.

Whether it's a parade, new fireworks show, special event (included in park admission), etc.

Can't imagine they'll just let 2024 be a down year without a fight.

Product offerings - even a rushed move of MSEP or similar - couldn't take effect quickly enough to make the impact they are desperately searching for.

In this short-term crisis, all they can do is adjust the pricing and guest experience relative to the current offerings.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Product offerings - even a rushed move of MSEP or similar - couldn't take effect quickly enough to make the impact they are desperately searching for.

In this short-term crisis, all they can do is adjust the pricing and guest experience relative to the current offerings.

But will they do either? I’m skeptical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom