Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

BuddyThomas

Slightly off topic but I just returned from Disneyland and it was mobbed beyond belief. I have been to plenty of Disney parks plenty of times and I have never, ever experienced crowds like this. At some points, walking was literally impossible. The only reason we were able to get on a few rides was because we paid for Genie+. The only reason we were able to get on Rise of the Resistance is because we very begrudgingly paid $25 each ($50 total) to avoid spending our entire day waiting in line. We had a dinner reservation at Goofy’s kitchen for 7:20 and we were not seated until almost 9:00 PM. It was mobbed everywhere. Parks, restaurants, everywhere. For those hoping for the demise of Disney, keep hoping. It ain’t happening.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Slightly off topic but I just returned from Disneyland and it was mobbed beyond belief. I have been to plenty of Disney parks plenty of times and I have never, ever experienced crowds like this. At some points, walking was literally impossible. The only reason we were able to get on a few rides was because we paid for Genie+. The only reason we were able to get on Rise of the Resistance is because we very begrudgingly paid $25 each ($50 total) to avoid spending our entire day waiting in line. We had a dinner reservation at Goofy’s kitchen for 7:20 and we were not seated until almost 9:00 PM. It was mobbed everywhere. Parks, restaurants, everywhere. For those hoping for the demise of Disney, keep hoping. It ain’t happening.
Doing a TR?

Jrb1979

Why is it you, @Tony the Tigger and others think that's what we hope for? For me it's about wanting Disney to go back to what made me like the parks in the first place. Which was amazing immersive dark rides with lots of AAs.

BuddyThomas

Why is it you, @Tony the Tigger and others think that's what we hope for? For me it's about wanting Disney to go back to what made me like the parks in the first place. Which was amazing immersive dark rides with lots of AAs.
I was not talking specifically to you but there are certain posters on this board who have a rabid hatred for Disney and they won’t stop blabbering about it. I’m sure you have seen the same posts that I have.

BuddyThomas

Doing a TR?
Ever since a certain lunatic on here decided to steal pictures from one of my past trip reports, photoshop them, and add them to his own trip report as some sort of sick, trolling joke, I have decided that I am never posting a trip report on this board again. Too bad. It would have been a good one. Universal, Magic Mountain, Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, and Knott’s Scary Farm….all in four days.

Poseidon Quest

I've been at the parks yesterday and today and they're not unremarkably crowded for October. Haunted Mansion Holiday is the most popular wait in the park but all other waits are greatly overposted. Did you go on the weekend?

Poseidon Quest

I went during the weekend. Red shirts weekend. The crowds were insane.

Ah, well I think that does explain it. I can't say that the last two days have felt unbearably crowded, although I do think that DLR is maintaining better attendance than WDW. The WDW crowds essentially disappeared June and July which is quite unusual.

Tha Realest

Ah, well I think that does explain it. I can't say that the last two days have felt unbearably crowded, although I do think that DLR is maintaining better attendance than WDW. The WDW crowds essentially disappeared June and July which is quite unusual.
Yeah, I think Disney’s own data they released shows DL has held steady whereas WDW has dropped in terms of attendance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Getting rid of free FastPass and Magical Express may not be seen as big a letdown to Disney fans as other WDW closures, but they've probably had the biggest, most immediate negative impact to a large % of WDW customers in recent memory.
That would be my hunch as well.
If you were at Magic kingdom Saturday, you would a big no to the crowds being down.
What the hell were you doing there?
It's that time of year when MK on non-party nights is extra busy.
Yeah…so why the hell would you casually pop in as a local?
Except Disney attendance isn't down. Both Disney and Universal are busy parks.
Ummm…yeah…
I'd bet a Cosmic Ray's lunch that Disney's domestic 2023 attendance numbers will be lower than 2022. I could be wrong.
Who are YOU? I want to hear from guys who watch crowds for a living 😡

Or at least disgruntled dudes who just came off a 3 week bender…you know?

Sonconato

That would be my hunch as well.

What the hell were you doing there?

Yeah…so why the hell would you casually pop in as a local?

Ummm…yeah…

Who are YOU? I want to hear from guys who watch crowds for a living 😡

Or at least disgruntled dudes who just came off a 3 week bender…you know?
Making sure there was no sewage smell at Country Bear. Don't worry there wasn't.

Basil of Baker Street

I have not read all 283 pages so forgive me. I am sure it has been mentioned but speaking of WDW, I notice there are always plenty of dining reservations day of. Pre-pandemic, that was not the case at all. Now that does not necessarily signify a drop in attendance as people could just be opting for cheaper meals, but I don't think its unreasonable to assume it does.

Drdcm

I have not read all 283 pages so forgive me. I am sure it has been mentioned but speaking of WDW, I notice there are always plenty of dining reservations day of. Pre-pandemic, that was not the case at all. Now that does not necessarily signify a drop in attendance as people could just be opting for cheaper meals, but I don't think its unreasonable to assume it does.
I think that is either from cancellations or them releasing additional dining availability based on staffing levels. Many popular restaurants are booked solid for the full 60 days, but then there are like 10 openings for same day reservations.

Splash4eva

As someone who only dines at character meal etc i will respectfully disagree. As my trip approached especially 1-2 days before as day of. Ressies would open up at almost every one of them and at pretty favorable times as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom