Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t stay on property and haven’t been in over three years. So yes, I feel confident in saying that you give more of your time and money to WDW than I do.
Ok…fair.
But I gotta ask: why not?
OK, but if you yourself still find enough joy and value in the place to keep going back, why berate others for doing likewise?
I’ll give you that.

However…I think my expectations are far lower than your average bear. If I step outside of that and look at how they run it and what they charge…it’s not at all a hard case to make the value is down. A lot.

But I can say that and not take it personally.

LittleBuford

Ok…fair.
But I gotta ask: why not?
Because of the pandemic. I only resumed travelling in earnest this summer, and though I’m eager to return to WDW, I plan to wait for some of the current construction to end first (though I may return sooner to catch CBJ in its current form).

If you’re asking why I don’t stay on property, the answer is that I personally don’t see enough value in it when all I need is a clean bed for the night. Others, of course, feel differently, and that’s absolutely fine!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because of the pandemic. I only resumed travelling in earnest this summer, and though I’m eager to return to WDW, I plan to wait for some of the current construction to end first (though I may return sooner to catch CBJ in its current form).

If you’re asking why I don’t stay on property, the answer is that I personally don’t see enough value in it when all I need is a clean bed for the night. Others, of course, feel differently, and that’s absolutely fine!
Not enough value, huh?

…a lot of that going around.
But I could have told you that when they cranked rates into oblivion 20 years ago.

So higher price + same stuff = less value?

(You had to see that one coming 🤓)

Chi84

Premium Member

I can understand you not finding the value in staying on property but we absolutely love it! It’s great that you’re able to step outside your own experience and acknowledge that different people can place different value on essentially the same thing.

LittleBuford

Not enough value, huh?

…a lot of that going around.
But I could have told you that when they cranked rates into oblivion 20 years ago.

So higher price + same stuff = less value?

(You had to see that one coming 🤓)
I don’t think you understood my point (@Chi84, on the other hand, did). The italicised “personally” was meant to signal something quite important.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think you understood my point (@Chi84, on the other hand, did). The italicised “personally” was meant to signal something quite important.
Wow…that’s either REALLY clever…or the same “my opinion” that has become a chorus befitting the Mormon tabernacle choir over the years? 🤔

And now we all pass go and collect $200

Opinions vary…I think we will agree with that

JoeCamel

Customs is the bit after you collect your luggage. It takes much less time than border control typically does.
And when I enter they take about 2 seconds to check my passport then 2 minutes to check any bags. Passport seems to be pure documentation check but bags are a chance to check your responses to questions.

Ayla

And when I enter they take about 2 seconds to check my passport then 2 minutes to check any bags. Passport seems to be pure documentation check but bags are a chance to check your responses to questions.
We have never had bag check (after passport check) take longer than 20-30 seconds. lol

Trekkie101

I consider it all the same. I've never noticed a difference.

The airport call it “US Customs and Immigration” as do the US Government. I don’t suppose the name matters a lot :)

My point was rather it’s only once been less than an hour for me in around 20 trips.

It’s so legendarily bad, UK airports are looking to do it this side of the pond and land in the US domestically.

I’m amused somewhat tho that “Disney are getting away with bad stuff” - I didn’t even have to pay for my tickets last week - they got extended a year from last years hurricane allowing me to use days I’d have otherwise lost (9 days) - not bad for 14 day tickets that otherwise would have expired. The parks were only shut 2. Disney played more than fair there.

Attachments

• IMG_0625.png
    IMG_0625.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 45

Miss Bella

The airport call it “US Customs and Immigration” as do the US Government. I don’t suppose the name matters a lot :)

My point was rather it’s only once been less than an hour for me in around 20 trips.

It’s so legendarily bad, UK airports are looking to do it this side of the pond and land in the US domestically.

I’m amused somewhat tho that “Disney are getting away with bad stuff” - I didn’t even have to pay for my tickets last week - they got extended a year from last years hurricane allowing me to use days I’d have otherwise lost (9 days) - not bad for 14 day tickets that otherwise would have expired. The parks were only shut 2. Disney played more than fair there.
I've flown to London twice in the last year and Rome once and I breezed through the border patrol. Considerably longer flying back through JFK, PHL, and LAX. There's a lot of irony in that. I will say we have Europe beat on going through security to fly. What a nightmare LHR is they search about half the bags.

Lilofan

I've flown to London twice in the last year and Rome once and I breezed through the border patrol. Considerably longer flying back through JFK, PHL, and LAX. There's a lot of irony in that. I will say we have Europe beat on going through security to fly. What a nightmare LHR is they search about half the bags.
Anyone lately flying from Europe to NJ/NYC airports are in for a rude awakening. 10 customs booths were present at EWR but only 2 were staffed at 7pm recently with thousands of travelers in line. One of the frustrated customs agent advised most of his peers were deployed to TX for needed assistance.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom