Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Crescent Lake, Monorail Loop, and south end values - in addition to 2 moderates - all impacted.

That's all I can say.

Wow. That is a big chunk of hotels. I am assuming that they can’t close off the DVC sections correct and that these are on the actual resort side?

If I had to guess -

Boardwalk and/Or Yacht Club
Grand Floridian (much easier to shutter a whole building here)
All Stars in some fashion
POR which we already know about
Coronado Springs

celluloid

It shows not only is attendance down, but the biggest significance is that the number of people willing to stay offsite has increased.

Hotels are the easiest ROI for theme park resorts. That is why they have all grown to build them whenever they can.

Wild times.

wannabeBelle

Wow. That is a big chunk of hotels. I am assuming that they can’t close off the DVC sections correct and that these are on the actual resort side?

If I had to guess -

Boardwalk and/Or Yacht Club
Grand Floridian (much easier to shutter a whole building here)
All Stars in some fashion
POR which we already know about
Coronado Springs
I'd pull Coronado and throw in PO Riverside based on the pictures Len Testa posted a few days ago of different areas on that looking like they were closed down. Marie

Last edited:

Indy_UK

We already know POR has been shuttered so I’m assuming it’s one of the two moderates - the other being Coronado.

So is the POR resort completely closed atm? Can people not go and even visit there?

DVC aren’t touching resale contracts atm because they have more than enough to sell direct . You have Aulani, Riviera, Grand Floridian and Disneyland Tower all currently on sale then next year they add Fort Wilderness Cabins and the New Poly Tower. That’s an insane amount of direct points to sell.

Maybe it proves the the pricing bubble has well and truly burst and people aren’t willing to pay more anymore.

TheMaxRebo

So is the POR resort completely closed atm? Can people not go and even visit there?

DVC aren’t touching resale contracts atm because they have more than enough to sell direct . You have Aulani, Riviera, Grand Floridian and Disneyland Tower all currently on sale then next year they add Fort Wilderness Cabins and the New Poly Tower. That’s an insane amount of direct points to sell.

Maybe it proves the the pricing bubble has well and truly burst and people aren’t willing to pay more anymore.

I hope it isn't totally closed as we are set to check in there in an couple of weeks and no notice provided

I believe Len indicated it looked like one Magnolia building and maybe one section (or one building or so) of the Alligator Bayou section

They still have Yehaw Bob scheduled and can make reservations at Boatwrights and stuff

JD80

It creates a cascade effect that affects hotels, merchandise, restaurants…

I've been looking at another trip. I can get Riverside or CBR for $300-$350 (35% D+ sub discount) a night and I honestly don't mind it too bad. I've been paying that for the last few trips (that also require larger and larger discounts).

But tickets! Family of 5, four to six day tickets are near $3500! Tickets are double the cost of the hotel.

Bocabear

Maybe it shouldn't cost a family of four $600+ to go in to the park for a day.
ding ding ding! and we have a winner!
Disney was never a cheap vacation, and I don't expect them to be offering any crazy deals, but the overall cost of tickets, food and rooms has just gotten untenable... especially with the annual ticket price increases, and Genie plus where you are paying an extra fee to use it, then paying another $15-$20 per ride you want to get on. so my $125 day ticket to the park actually ends up $160 plus with a couple ride reservations. When the budget hotels (all Star) are routinely $200 and up for a Motel 6 experience, it is time to rethink things.
I think they have finally hit the tipping point.
We used to go multiple times a year, we are DVC members and have lots of happy memories, but the last few years have made us rethink our visits. The restrictions and park reservations, the Fastpass Plus and Genie, the never-ending construction walls, and the crowds have all made running up for the weekend more of a planning hassle than any sort of fun. Add in the food, beverage, and hotel costs and it is too much. Nobody wants to feel like they are getting fleeced. It is easier and cheaper now to plan a last minute cruise than a weekend trip to the Magic Kingdom.
I am hoping when things settle down, perhaps they will even things out again... but doubtful under current management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom