Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

scottieRoss

I think that is a big thing - Disney pushed pricing (and removal of perks) as demand soared and now that it is waning people are really questioning if it is worth it or if they can better use those funds elsewhere (especially given everything in their daily life is seeing price increases too)

I recall a lot of people saying last year with, as an example, the return of the traditional holiday parties that they didn't care what they cost they missed them and were going to pay it to do them ... but now that they have done them, it is harder to pay the high prices again
But that argument discounts the decline at SeaWorld, Universal and even 6 Flags parks. Higher prices at Disney, if they lowered attendance would result in higher attendance at lower priced competing offerings.

James Alucobond

But that argument discounts the decline at SeaWorld, Universal and even 6 Flags parks. Higher prices at Disney, if they lowered attendance would result in higher attendance at lower priced competing offerings.
Only if you assume folks are going to Orlando no matter what, with or without Disney. The parks are more symbiotic than parasitic, and Disney is frequently still the axle around which the mechanism turns.

JD80

Saying it was a suppression agent feels reasonable because that sounds like a suggestion it was one factor of many rather than an argument it was the sole cause.

Can you please tell me who is saying the heat is the sole cause of lower attendance?

JD80

He’s fantastic…

But he measures the ride metrics as presented and poked at by people on the ground

And in multiple threads since April he has discussed the apparent disconnect between genie times and crowds

The whole conversation started with Len Testa giving quotes to the WSJ about crowds all based on both posted wait times and his own (more accurate) data from his app. You should probably listen to the man's podcast from two weeks ago.

Tha Realest

The one where they talked about the crowds being way down?
I have great respect for him and his work. Longtime TP subscriber, and on again, off again Disney Dish Bandcamp subscriber.

His shows also have been highlighting some softening attendance across the board. I feel like one of the episodes (or maybe it was a post elsewhere on here?) suggested bookings were down 20-30%. In fact, I think on the show where they mentioned the dining plan returning (but not until 2024) he said something to the effect that it’s an acknowledgment that the rest of the year was a lost cause.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have great respect for him and his work. Longtime TP subscriber, and on again, off again Disney Dish Bandcamp subscriber.

His shows also have been highlighting some softening attendance across the board. I feel like one of the episodes (or maybe it was a post elsewhere on here?) suggested bookings were down 20-30%. In fact, I think on the show where they mentioned the dining plan returning (but not until 2024) he said something to the effect that it’s an acknowledgment that the rest of the year was a lost cause.
Hmmm…that’s exactly what the truth is..

Maybe JD80 was actually agreeing with me for once?

I’m wondering if the dining plan is working this time? If it’s about price…I bet it’s making thinks worse. Just a hunch

TheMaxRebo

Not necessarily, I think some of the things impacting Disney are impacting others - which we are seeing. And then some additional elements at hitting Disney more

TheMaxRebo

Basement is defined as below, or having a portion below, ground level.

Ok guess it looks like a basement to me and people and guests enter the level above

If your main living area and where you welcome guests looks like the utilidoors that doesn't seem great

So guess it isn't a definition fitting of a basement but certainly functions like one

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's the basement of the main level.
That "basement" was built at grade (ground level). They then put most of the park on top of it as a second floor. Then they graded all the land and landscaping to gradually rise up to the flooring of the second floor, which is park level.

Here's a picture of where vehicles enter the utilidors at ground level. ...

1690425096583.png

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Len Testa thinks the heat was a suppression agent during that time. He's a pretty smart guy go tell him he's wrong.
Maybe we should just ask @lentesta what he meant? He is pretty a straight up guy.
Nope. I power walk commando through the parks with no midday break. Anyone who can't keep up (wimps) isn't allowed to go with unless they realize they will get left behind. This includes family.
Beast Mode Gym GIF by The World's Strongest Man

celluloid

That "basement" was built at grade (ground level). They then put most of the park on top of it as a second floor. Then they graded all the land and landscaping to gradually rise up to the flooring of the second floor, which is park level.

Here's a picture of where vehicles enter the utilidors at ground level. ...

View attachment 733387

Not just vehicles.(and note, don't think many vehicles will actually fit in there. Pargos mostly)

That is also where the Finest Cast in the world walk (IYKYK)

Splash4eva

Hmmm…that’s exactly what the truth is..

Maybe JD80 was actually agreeing with me for once?

I’m wondering if the dining plan is working this time? If it’s about price…I bet it’s making thinks worse. Just a hunch
Being someone who loved the dining plan prior. Based on the new offerings coming out in 2024 i cant see the value anymore with it personally when i did a quick glance at what was taken away and now the new plan… will the eventual “free” dining promo work possibly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Being someone who loved the dining plan prior. Based on the new offerings coming out in 2024 i cant see the value anymore with it personally when i did a quick glance at what was taken away and now the new plan… will the eventual “free” dining promo work possibly
It’s too expensive at first glance…adding like $3000 to a family of 4 for a week (not including several hundreds in gratuities) on top of prices that are being emphatically rejected.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s too expensive at first glance…adding like $3000 to a family of 4 for a week (not including several hundreds in gratuities) on top of prices that are being emphatically rejected.
but the food (used) to be so good!

well ok some still is, but imo the quality and options have gone way down in most places since the creation of the dining plan and definitely after covid in others

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom