Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Eric Graham

Discounts, if available for your resort and travel time frame can be applied, they are not done automatically though. Your travel agent can take care of that for you or you can call into Disney, if you booked directly with them. You dont need to cancel and wait for any refunds on your credit card. Marie
Wonders what a travel agent is? I'm the travel agent and the one that wakes up at 6 am to make reservations :)

wannabeBelle

Wonders what a travel agent is? I'm the travel agent and the one that wakes up at 6 am to make reservations :)
Someone who books your trip and is as involved in your planning as you'd like. I do everything from a simple booking of a vacation package or a room only resort stay, giving advise on all aspects of vacation planning including making dining reservations. Most of my clients prefer to do this themselves but I do have a few who like to have me take care of that. And it is the person who wakes up at the ungodly hours to apply discounts to your reservation as they come out or is available to help when there is a problem. And considering that our agency doesnt charge a fee for clients who have booked their vacation through us, it is literally a free service for you, our client. Marie

Br0ckford

Premium Member
People will absolutely decide to stay inside during hot weather. People who paid money to fly to Florida will absolutely avoid going to the parks and standing in line, when they have access to air conditioning and pools at their resort.
Nope. I power walk commando through the parks with no midday break. Anyone who can't keep up (wimps) isn't allowed to go with unless they realize they will get left behind. This includes family.

UNCgolf

Len Testa thinks the heat was a suppression agent during that time. He's a pretty smart guy go tell him he's wrong.

Well, it depends on what exactly he said. If he thinks it had a major effect on attendance from people traveling to Disney from elsewhere, then yes, he's probably wrong. Without some kind of actual significant statistical evidence to back up that assertion, it's not the logical position to take.

That's not the same as saying it didn't have any effect, though, which is also not what I said. It probably did have a bigger effect on local/AP holder attendance.

It's a matter of degrees. A heat wave could absolutely be the cause of an attendance drop to some extent, but it wouldn't be, e.g., the cause of a 50% drop in attendance. That's illogical (and no, I'm not saying there actually was a 50% attendance drop).

Saying it was a suppression agent feels reasonable because that sounds like a suggestion it was one factor of many rather than an argument it was the sole cause.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Nope. I power walk commando through the parks with no midday break. Anyone who can't keep up (wimps) isn't allowed to go with unless they realize they will get left behind. This includes family.
My friends from NYC walk fast, must be that NYC walking pace experience through the streets and to catch a subway train. Their walking speed is Olympic speed walking pace.

TheMaxRebo

My friends from NYC walk fast, must be that NYC walking pace experience through the streets and to catch a subway train. Their walking speed is Olympic speed walking pace.

We are also really good about avoiding/shoulder blocking people trying to sell us something or hand us a flyer without slowing down at all

Lilofan

We are also really good about avoiding/shoulder blocking people trying to sell us something or hand us a flyer without slowing down at all
If you stand in the middle of Main Street at MK looking at a map , fellow guests will go around you . Try doing that at the 42nd street subway platform during rush hour one may get run over and be given few smart comments.

Eric Graham

Someone who books your trip and is as involved in your planning as you'd like. I do everything from a simple booking of a vacation package or a room only resort stay, giving advise on all aspects of vacation planning including making dining reservations. Most of my clients prefer to do this themselves but I do have a few who like to have me take care of that. And it is the person who wakes up at the ungodly hours to apply discounts to your reservation as they come out or is available to help when there is a problem. And considering that our agency doesnt charge a fee for clients who have booked their vacation through us, it is literally a free service for you, our client. Marie
I was joking, but that does sound awesome!

wannabeBelle

I was joking, but that does sound awesome!
Thank you and it is pretty awesome, I was a client of @Kingdom Konsultant before I went to work for her. We have a fairly tight knit group of agents and we all work together to help each other and our clients. Kingdom Konsultant Travel has been a sponsor of these boards for a long time and many of our clients and a fair amount of agents are here on the forums. Please feel free to drop us an email or give us a call when you are planning your next adventure, any one of us would be happy to help!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom