Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

jinx8402

I doubt it. Most people book Disney vacations months in advance.
People realize they can decide to not go to a park on a particular day if there are heat advisory's correct? Another example is when hurricanes/tropical storms. Even when open that impacts actual visitors in the parks and those same people booked months in advance too.

phillip9698

We had a quick trip over fathers day weekend to enjoy the Flower And Garden Festival. Given it was a holiday weekend (Juneteenth) and a Saturday we expected Epcot to be slammed. It was pretty empty. We didnt have Genie+ and the only real wait we had was 30 minutes for Ratatouille which we thought was a big win. Food booth lines were low and hardly any drunks at night either.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
We had a quick trip over fathers day weekend to enjoy the Flower And Garden Festival. Given it was a holiday weekend (Juneteenth) and a Saturday we expected Epcot to be slammed. It was pretty empty. We didnt have Genie+ and the only real wait we had was 30 minutes for Ratatouille which we thought was a big win. Food booth lines were low and hardly any drunks at night either.
Wow hardly any drunks in Epcot on a weekend evening? That is the biggest sign yet lol

Disney Glimpses

The following resorts have discounted standard room/studio availability for tonight (a Saturday in July which would typically be a major check-in day). Unprecedented, to say the least.

-All-Star Movies
-All-Star Sports
-All-Star Music
-Animal Kingdom Lodge
-Art of Animation
-Beach Club
-BoardWalk Inn
-BoardWalk Villas
-Caribbean Beach
-Contemporary
-Coronado Springs
-Grand Floridian
-Old Key West
-Pop Century
-Port Orleans French Quarter
-Port Orleans Riverside
-Riviera
-Saratoga Springs
-Yacht Club

Nubs70

The following resorts have discounted standard room/studio availability for tonight (a Saturday in July which would typically be a major check-in day). Unprecedented, to say the least.

-All-Star Movies
-All-Star Sports
-All-Star Music
-Animal Kingdom Lodge
-Art of Animation
-Beach Club
-BoardWalk Inn
-BoardWalk Villas
-Caribbean Beach
-Contemporary
-Coronado Springs
-Grand Floridian
-Old Key West
-Pop Century
-Port Orleans French Quarter
-Port Orleans Riverside
-Riviera
-Saratoga Springs
-Yacht Club
1689449242458.png

celluloid

Haha, stop. I've been visiting for 30 years and scattered thunderstorms is almost always the forecast for each day in July.

And people don't just cancel long planned, expensive Disney vacations on whim because the forecast doesn't look great.

Bob Iger is literally blaming the weather for low attendance. The heat specifically Haha.

How desperate.

If anything, as you probably know too, people have gotten more resilient to sticking around in bad weather days. The rain used to clear a lot more out, but reservations booked changed that big time.

Disney Glimpses

Bob Iger is literally blaming the weather for low attendance. The heat specifically Haha.

How desperate.

If anything, as you probably know too, people have gotten more resilient to sticking around in bad weather days. The rain used to clear a lot more out, but reservations booked changed that big time.
So, I do think he is right as to why 7/4 attendance was so noticeably low. 7/4 is a huge local AP day and it was a miserable day to be at the park. However, we're only noticing it because resort occupancy is so low. Summer has been shifting more and more towards being "slow" but this is unprecedented.

And don't get me wrong, it's not like you're gonna walk on 7DMT and PPF. But, it's like being there in May. Great time to visit for folks who have kids, IMO.

celluloid

So, I do think he is right as to why 7/4 attendance was so noticeably low. 7/4 is a huge local AP day and it was a miserable day to be at the park. However, we're only noticing it because resort occupancy is so low. Summer has been shifting more and more towards being "slow" but this is unprecedented.

And don't get me wrong, it's not like you're gonna walk on 7DMT and PPF. But, it's like being there in May. Great time to visit for folks who have kids, IMO.

There are a lot of days to be miserable at Disney.

Fourth of July has hit the heat before, and the days before and after are always packed too. There have been plenty of miserably hot and crowded Disney days. I think you are right in the sense about Annual Passholders/FL resident get away type deals. Disney has never filled all of their hotel rooms, but they have rarely been so empty. Its a mash of everything for sure.

But what we do know, is it is not worth just mentioning the weather by some dork who thinks himself a good leader on CSNBC.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

How desperate.

He mentioned it specifically related to July 4th, which it absolutely did impact # of people in the park. Even people who went, lots were calling it a day earlier.

No one is saying the heat is the only reason crowds are lower in general

Disney Glimpses

There are a lot of days to be miserable at Disney.

Fourth of July has hit the heat before, and the days before and after are always packed too. There have been plenty of miserably hot and crowded Disney days. I think you are right in the sense about Annual Passholders/FL resident get away type deals. Disney has never filled all of their hotel rooms, but they have rarely been so empty. Its a mash of everything for sure.

But what we do know, is it is not worth just mentioning the weather buy some dork who thinks himself a good leader on CSNBC.
I can tell you're not an Iger fan and that's fine. But for him to say that attendance isn't down despite widespread availability (amongst rates being discounted by 30-40%) is just silly. It's weird though, he said they aren't down due to the heat and then said "well, they are down because all of FL is down." But I thought they weren't down?

celluloid

I can tell you're not an Iger fan and that's fine. But for him to say that attendance isn't down despite widespread availability (amongst rates being discounted by 30-40%) is just silly. It's weird though, he said they aren't down due to the heat and then said "well, they are down because all of FL is down." But I thought they weren't down?

It is almost like he is a liar.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Please point me to the 30-40% discount s for the 4th

It’s almost like most of you aren’t even what’s been happening in the south for the last month

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom