Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Yesterday, the wait time for Toy Story Mania was posted as 80 minutes. I was on the ride within 10 minutes.

No joke.
WOW! are they intentionally inflating the posted wait times to push folks into ILL and G+ or is the system THAT BROKEN?

Sometimes we see this when an attraction was down and just comes back up.

Was it down then came back up?

Splash4eva

Yesterday, the wait time for Toy Story Mania was posted as 80 minutes. I was on the ride within 10 minutes.

No joke.
How is this not a bigger story? This is dare i say it legit fraud… i dont mind them inflating them a little bc you rather have a guest wait say 10 minutes less than expected than 10 minutes from a psychological pov but this is getting bad…

Disstevefan1

Now, just zoom in on the crowds, cut off the empty space and ... voila! "MK is PACKED!!!"
Done:
1689088212337.png

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Down rides inflates “the need” for genie across the board of appearances

I don’t give too much credence to ops conspiracies…but they can easily make “opening procedures” stretch out on rides with staffing and management oversight…

It might be a thing

I don't believe Disney is intentionally delaying rides, they are just not maintaining their attractions properly.

Hmmm. Rides are "down" on purpose to create artificial need for G+ and ILL......

Yes, I can believe that.

No joke.

Disney has of recent been terrible at monitoring real-time waits. This predated G+ during the pandemic when everything was standby.

Rides break all the time, and my initial reaction is that it's just par for the course for Disney. With regards to accuracy in wait time estimations, I just think it's poor implementation coupled with lack of incentive to "fix" it.

If they are cutting back operations to boost wait times, or intentionally inflating wait times, that would be a huge scandal and cause serious damage to the guest relationship. They'd really be playing with fire on that one.

Disstevefan1

Disney has of recent been terrible at monitoring real-time waits. This predated G+ during the pandemic when everything was standby.

Rides break all the time, and my initial reaction is that it's just par for the course for Disney. With regards to accuracy in wait time estimations, I just think it's poor implementation coupled with lack of incentive to "fix" it.

If they are cutting back operations to boost wait times, or intentionally inflating wait times, that would be a huge scandal and cause serious damage to the guest relationship. They'd really be playing with fire on that one.
They can do whatever they want. Folks will still show up.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

"Staffing issues are preventing us from operating certain rides and attractions at full capacity" is all they need to say. And all they will say. I'm sure any discussions are 100% verbal so there are no records anywhere of any order to intentionally inflate wait times in order to entice the walking ATMs into purchasing Genie- and ILL's. Those purchases are actually disincentive to fix any problems with wait time estimations (unless it becomes the opposite problem and a 10 minute posted wait time is actually 60+ minutes and people flood Guest Relations with complaints).

monothingie

Premium Member
"Staffing issues are preventing us from operating certain rides and attractions at full capacity" is all they need to say. And all they will say. I'm sure any discussions are 100% verbal so there are no records anywhere of any order to intentionally inflate wait times in order to entice the walking ATMs into purchasing Genie- and ILL's.
Once they moved away from the RFID tags that guest carried through the queue, I have no idea how wait times are tracked. I doubt it is a manual process which requires human interaction.

So it's either implemented terribly (not surprising for Disney IT), or it's rigged.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Once they moved away from the RFID tags that guest carried through the queue, I have no idea how wait times are tracked. I doubt it is a manual process which requires human interaction.

So it's either implemented terribly (not surprising for Disney IT), or it's rigged.

I thought they were using magic bands to do this in the same way they used the RFID tags but without a touchpoint?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I thought they were using magic bands to do this in the same way they used the RFID tags but without a touchpoint?

I read somewhere around here that they use sensors in the ceilings to estimate wait times now. Could be tied to MagicBands, I guess, but since they cannot guarantee everyone in the line has one, it seems like a poor idea to tie a wait time system to something that may or may not be detectable from a distance of greater than 3 feet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t want to believe there’s shenanigans going on…but there are literally reports of this EVERY DAMN DAY…

And they always have plausible deniability

It’s starting to smell like last weeks tuna

JoeCamel

I read somewhere around here that they use sensors in the ceilings to estimate wait times now. Could be tied to MagicBands, I guess, but since they cannot guarantee everyone in the line has one, it seems like a poor idea to tie a wait time system to something that may or may not be detectable from a distance of greater than 3 feet.
They would only need to track a single RFID. Place a sensor at the start of the line and one at load then pick a single band and record how long between the two. If the line is past the queue then maybe the CM holding the sign would be the first sensor.

lentesta

Premium Member

They tried it pre-pandemic and it didn't go well. Apparently some readers were not properly isolated/configured, and would pick up MagicBands from guests in line at other attractions. The example I heard was that Jungle Cruise's readers could count people at Magic Carpets and Enchanted Tiki Room.

I've heard UOR has moved to camera-based systems. Not sure about Disney.

monothingie

Premium Member
I don’t want to believe there’s shenanigans going on…but there are literally reports of this EVERY DAMN DAY…

And they always have plausible deniability

It’s starting to smell like last weeks tuna
You don't think that if this were true, there would be one or more CM's with knowledge of this that wouldn't make this public? I mean I'm sure that are countless numbers of disgruntled underpaid CM's that want to stick it to the mouse.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't think that if this were true, there would be one or more CM's with knowledge of this that wouldn't make this public? I mean I'm sure that are countless numbers of disgruntled underpaid CM's that want to stick it to the mouse.
CMs don’t know anything…you know that

I’m not saying it’s “keep slinky down…we ain’t selling lighting lane on Rise of the Ridley!!”

…but you can cut manager hours and staffing so things like 101s take longer…extra “safety checks”

It would not be that hard…and you can slip it past the college programmers from Ohio state…cause they’re DUMB

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney used to be the one place ALL guests were equal. They experimented with deluxe resort club level guests able to buy extra fast passes-guess that open
Ummm... the very existence of deluxe hotels versus value hotels was a clear sign Disney was not treating everybody equally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom