Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

We went to Epcot on Sunday. This was not a Disney trip but we had an extra day in Orlando and really wanted to ride Guardians. The morning was very quiet but the afternoon was pretty busy (lots of tour groups). We had a fantastic day and got so much done. We did buy lightning lane (plus virtual queue) for Guardians but didn't purchase Genie +. We didn't need it. We rode everything we wanted to (including Test Track like 6 times using single rider) and didn't wait over 30 minutes for anything else. Soarin was a 10 minute wait at 11 am. Just a huge difference from our usual November trips where Genie+ is pretty much a necessity. We generally stay away from Disney in the summer because it's just so hot but our day has me rethinking for next year. I was really pleasantly surprised by how much fun we had and now nice it was to see empty walkways! Even buying water and snacks was so much easier.
So you did purchase LL for Guardians?

Smugpugmug

FWIW, with Slinky, Tower, and RnRC down today, a total of 168 people got in line for Smugglers Run during the first 23 minutes of ETPE today.

We're doing some old-school queuing theory stuff in the parks right now, because the posted wait times are so wonky.
It's amazing how often multiple rides go down during early entry/rope drop at HS. I notice it there more than any other park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's amazing how often multiple rides go down during early entry/rope drop at HS. I notice it there more than any other park.
There seems to be little concern for that on the ground when you’re in the park

I definitely think they’re manipulating it for sales

And before anyone says “THEY CANT DO THAT!!!”

…they absolutely can…small print

Smugpugmug

There seems to be little concern for that on the ground when you’re in the park

I definitely think they’re manipulating it for sales

And before anyone says “THEY CANT DO THAT!!!”

…they absolutely can…small print
Not sure I would go that far but I do agree that there is little concern for guest satisfaction when a guest is in the park and they see that 3 of the big headliners are down during early entry. One of the only perks for staying on site and you can't even take advantage of it.

drew81

And for the guests that are visiting, Magic Kingdom can’t even have all their touchpoints open at the 9:15am rush.

What a mess.

IMG_3128.jpeg

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure I would go that far but I do agree that there is little concern for guest satisfaction when a guest is in the park and they see that 3 of the big headliners are down during early entry. One of the only perks for staying on site and you can't even take advantage of it.
Down rides inflates “the need” for genie across the board of appearances

I don’t give too much credence to ops conspiracies…but they can easily make “opening procedures” stretch out on rides with staffing and management oversight…

It might be a thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom