Is Animal Kingdom Worth It?

CBCit

We are going on a short(3 night)WDW trip in June. It is our 4th time so we have been to all the parks except Animal Kingdom. We are only doing 2 days of theme parks,the first being the Magic Kingdom. Should we go to AK for day 2, since we have never been? For some reason it just dosen't sound as up to par as the others,what do you think?

imagineer99

The longest trip I have EVER spent at WDW has been for just two nights. During that time, my family manage to visit every park at least once and usually go to Downtown Disney as well.

In conclusion, you will have more than enough time to go to AKL.

In my opinion, you won't find a better themed park in anywhere (minus Dinorama). Not to mention some of the best ride experiences anywhere.

Kilmanjaro Safari and Dinosaur are both worth the price of admission in my opinion.:)

Upvote 0

gtgivens

I was able to go to Animal Kingdom in half a day using the one hour before thing with the Resort. I must say that the park was fun but it did get old pretty quick. My favorite attraction was Priveval Whirl. My family and I loved it. If you have a Park Hopper then you might as well make a quick trip over to it.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Why not head over to AK? It's not the MK, but in my opinion it's fun.

The animals steal the show here. The safari ride is great... You can ride it several times and see different animals!

The ride count isn't as high as the other parks, but there's still plenty to keep you happy.

It's Tough To Be A Bug is a great 3-D flick and the fun is all around.

Go ahead and try it! What do you have to loose, escept the price for a ticket!

Upvote 0

BG Rugger

Animal Kingdom is, in my opinion, a half-day park. Dinosaur, Kilimajaro Safaris, Kahli River Rapids, and It's Tough to Be a Bug. Maybe look at a few animals.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by BG Rugger
Animal Kingdom is, in my opinion, a half-day park. Dinosaur, Kilimajaro Safaris, Kahli River Rapids, and It's Tough to Be a Bug. Maybe look at a few animals.

I agree... but then again I tend to be the forum AK cynic :lol: ;)

I can blow thru AK in about 4 hours or less.

If ya want.. I mean sure, head on over to AK and hit the e-tickets... but if I were at the parks on your timeframe... I would skip AK all together... but thats just me. :wave:

Upvote 0

KimPossible

Animal Kingdom is great! Epcot is my fave, but i am really excited for the future of AK. Absolutely get there on a early entry day or if not when the park opens. it doesnt take a full day to do all the great stuff there such as:

Safari
Tough 2 b a bug
dinosaur
festival of lion king
tarzan
Kali river rapids

these are not to be missed!!

Upvote 0

johnvree

What type of tickets will you be using? (sorry if I missed it). If you are using APs or park hoppers, why not hit AK in the morningn and then hop over to one of the other parks?

I love AK (only been twice). It is not a full day park yet (unless you spend a ton of time looking at the animals and foliage). But it is worth the price of admission, especially if you keep in mind that you can hit another park in the late afternoon.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

If you've been to all the other parks, then I definitely suggest you head over to AK. I love that park. And I have to admit it's my favorite one. It may not have all the attractions that the others do, but I love it anyway. A diamond in the rough to be sure.

Upvote 0

Disney2002

What is the make up of your family?

Young kids, then AK is a definite with the animals.
Teens - probably better at MGM.

AK can be done in 4 hours. It is true.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by imagineer99
I can blow through EVERY park in about that time or less.

Well yay for you! ( I could to... but read on )

Let me be a little more blunt... I can only stand AK for about 4 hours and then it gets extremely boring (after you have done/rode mostly everything). :lol:

Better?

Upvote 0

news4fan

AK is a nice park, but not terribly exciting. You should definitely go if you haven't before. Don't miss the lion king, it's tough to be a bug, and kali river rapids. Tarzan is a waste of time (especially if you don't like loud music) Dinosaur is OK, but not necessary. Same for the Safaris.

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

We almost skipped DAK when we went. My oldest daughter asked if we could go, just to see what it was like. I'm very glad she asked. We love DAK!

Take the time to go. You won't be sorry.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by CBCit
Should we go to AK for day 2, since we have never been? For some reason it just dosen't sound as up to par as the others,what do you think?
AK is a great park - however, if you compare it (or try to) with MK, MGM or EPCOT, then you will be VERY disappointed. If you take AK on its own (forget it is a Disney park) and visit it with an open mind, then you will enjoy it.
It is, however, only a half day park at best

Upvote 0

PixyDust

We love AK.

You can definitely see what you need to in a half-day. Take the time to visit - you'll enjoy it.

Don't miss:
Tough to be a Bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids if it is working

The only show I can recommend is Festival of the Lion King. If you like rollerblading and really loud music, then you'd like Tarzan, but we left after about 3 minutes of it. We just couldn't stand it.

My kids aren't tall enough for Primeval Whirl yet, and they would be mad if we did the baby-pass on it, so I haven't enjoyed this ride yet, but it really looks like a good ride.

And if you have small kids and need a small break, why not DIG UP A FEW OLD FRIENDS at the Boneyard? My son's favorite phrase at AK is, "Mom, can I go dig up a few old friends?". He got that from one of the Disney World promo DVDs. It is so cute to hear him ask.:D

We also really enjoy the bird show. Can't think of the name of it right now, but it is really good (and I'm not big on animal shows in general).

Upvote 0

3IdAlienKid

Cons of DAK

1. It's designed so you have to walk forever to get from one place to the next.
2. It's designed so the paths are pretty windy, making it easy to lose your sense of direction and get lost several times during your visit.
3. Dino-Rama (although the kids will love it).
4. Half-day park even when you stop to read every darn sign giving a description of the animals.

Pros of DAK

1. Kilmanjaro Safaris is everything Walt wanted the Jungle Cruise to be (minus the boat). It's one of the best attractions at WDW and hands-down the best "safari" tram ride at any wildlife park anywhere.
2. Beautiful theming.
3. The Tree of Life is almost as astounding as Spaceship Earth.
4. The animals natural habitats are pretty well recreated compared with the cages and living spaces of your average zoo. 5. The aviary where you are in the very same room with vampire bats 10 feet away is the greatest.

Basically, if you like Epcot for more than the rides, you're gonna like DAK also. It's got a few good rides and shows mixed w/ educational stuff.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Originally posted by DMC-12
Well yay for you! ( I could to... but read on )

Let me be a little more blunt... I can only stand AK for about 4 hours and then it gets extremely boring (after you have done/rode mostly everything). :lol:

Better?

Gotcha!:D

I feel the same way about Universal Parks, but that's a different story all together.:)

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

If you're only going for 3 nights, I wouldn't bother with it. Obviously, you can't skip the Magic Kingdom. I would never miss Epcot or MGM though either.

I'm going for 9 days in September, and I'm only going to Animal Kingdom for 1 day, and that's just because we'll be with a 3 year old who loves animals. Otherwise, I'd only spend about 1/2 a day there, if that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom