Is Animal Kingdom Worth It?

CBCit

We are going on a short(3 night)WDW trip in June. It is our 4th time so we have been to all the parks except Animal Kingdom. We are only doing 2 days of theme parks,the first being the Magic Kingdom. Should we go to AK for day 2, since we have never been? For some reason it just dosen't sound as up to par as the others,what do you think?

Disney Hog

We know imagineer99 that you wear a superhero's cape, fly from park to park and can conquer Disney World in a single bound. You've mentioned it about three or four times in this thread. The trophy is on its way.:lol:

The issue is not if people can run around and do things quickly. The issue is that this person only has an extra day and they will be buying a single-day pass. Is Ak worth a single-day pass?

If it is a single-day pass I say no because:
It closes earlier than the other parks (a loss of around 4 or 5 hours at least)
It does not have everything that the other parks do
It might not be appealing to their thirteen year-old

Should it be seen? Of course. Everyone should go to AK and experience what is there. Everyone should decide for themselves. But I don't think it is worth a single-day pass because it isn't a full single-day park (regardless of what's there, the hours dictate that it isn't)

Upvote 0

JackSkellington

Originally posted by Disney Hog
We know imagineer99 that you wear a superhero's cape, fly from park to park and can conquer Disney World in a single bound. You've mentioned it about three or four times in this thread. The trophy is on its way.:lol:

Boy, they don't get much better than that.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Doesn't Jungle Cruise count? :lookaroun :lookaroun

Comparing Jungle Cruise to Kilmanjaro isn't even fair. Considering that in Kilmanjaro you ACTUALLY see a different show each time depending on the REAL animals that are out.

Not to mention that AK has the only EMV ride in all of Orlando.

Your comment earlier about AK not having anything different is unjustified.

I agree that the the park can be "completed" (if you're a ride person) in half a day (the same goes for MGM). However, you can't assume that there is nothing orginal there.

Upvote 0

barnum42

It does not have everything that the other parks do
*In best Kryten voice*
Pedantic Mode. Of course it does not have everything that the the other parks do. It's a different park - it has different stuff (Dumbo clone not incuded in that statement).

The one thing I have to agree with - and already posted - is that with it's earlier closing, not being able to park hop will cut down the time someone could spend in a park. To maximise in park time the three with night time shows would have to be looked at.

Unless you use the time after early closing to grab some grub at AK lodge, or do things at a resort, downtown Disney etc.

Upvote 0

Disney Hog

Comparing Jungle Cruise to Kilmanjaro isn't even fair. Considering that in Kilmanjaro you ACTUALLY see a different show each time depending on the REAL animals that are out.

I think you need to slooooow down when you read. The statement about Jungle Cruise was soaked, marinated and dripping with sarcasm. :brick:

Why would anybody compare the two? Its a joke.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

I think you need to slooooow down when you read. The statement about Jungle Cruise was soaked, marinated and dripping with sarcasm. :brick:

Why would anybody compare the two? Its a joke.

Considering that I can't actually HEAR what you are saying, sarcasm is extremely difficult to pull off on a message board. Sorry for the misinterpretation, but when reading things, so much is lost.:wave:

Upvote 0

Disney Hog

Your comment earlier about AK not having anything different is unjustified.

I agree that the the park can be "completed" (if you're a ride person) in half a day (the same goes for MGM). However, you can't assume that there is nothing orginal there.

Man, you guys found the needle in the hay stack. The comment about AK not having the things the other parks do simply means that it isn't what you would expect in the other parks. In the other parks (in my opinion) one would find more fairy tale, pixey dust, out of the ordinary things. Things that Disney is known for.

By saying that it doesn't have things the other parks do can be a good thing or a bad thing. If the person asking the question already knows what the rest of Disney is like, they can guage it by what they know. It isn't the same and doesn't have the same stuff- is that good or bad? Each person can decide that.

I am not bashing AK. It is a good park. I'm thinking of the person that originally asked the question of whether it was a full-day park and if they should buy a single-day ticket to go there. If someone is envisioning going to a park early, staying all day and watching a magical fireworks display that would end their vacation, don't go to AK.

That's all I'm trying to say.

:)

Upvote 0

Disney Hog

Considering that I can't actually HEAR what you are saying, sarcasm is extremely difficult to pull off on a message board. Sorry for the misinterpretation, but when reading things, so much is lost.

You're right, my bad. I should have thrown in some HaHas or HeHes.:p

Upvote 0

Kevin7crash

aK

Any park is what you make, if you go there to have a good time enjoy the rides and the show's and to see something new and exciting from disney. Animal Kingdom is still the new Park and has lot of great attraction and shows.

Upvote 0

CBCit

Original Poster
DisneyHog got my point

DisneyHog,I think you answered my question exactly.Based on the fact that we would be using a one day pass,I think we will go to my 2nd favorite(if we hit a second park at all) MGM. We will save AK for another trip when we do have a park hopper type ticket.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom