Is 8days Enough for 1 Trip 2 WDW??????

tterrag24

hello
im going to wdw in aug for 8days and i wanted to know if that is enough to do everything?? all 4 parks completeley, all shows. The 2 water parks. dowtown Disney. some reort hopping (pools) and seaworld????

Should i nix Seaworld????

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I could spend weeks and weeks there, but then again i dont have the privledge of been able to go multiple times per year :(

Upvote 0
I have to disagree with most of the responses here and say that 8 days is not enough to do everything. Well...maybe if you rush through it all and do not enjoy it and do not sleep. My husband and I have made it a tradition to take a yearly two week trip, been doing for about 5 years now and I have not done everything. I think the key to disney is to just do what you want when you want and enjoy it. Don't try to rush through it all so you can say you've seen it all because your trip will most likely turn into a disaster.

Upvote 0

Kadee

MK-1 day (at the most)
EC-1 day
DHS-1/2 day
DAK-1/2 day
TL-1/2 day
BB-1/2 day
DTD-30 minutes
UO/IOA 1 day, maybe 2
SW-1 day (i've never been, just guessing.

Plenty of time.

SERIOUSLY? WOW! My schedule is quiet different than yours. LOL To each their own, however. :lol:

MK - 2 days (1 1/2 if you catch EMH right)
Epcot - 2 days (1 for WS alone!)
DHS - ok.... 1/2 then back for Fantasmic one night
DAK - At least 1 whole day (maybe another 1/2 day
Not big on water parks
DTD - WAY more than 30 minutes. But... I am a woman and LOVE to shop.
US/IOA - 1 1/2 at most
SW - 1 day

And this is NOT doing everything - the OP wanted to do EVERYTHING.

Upvote 0
[/QUOTE]
I actually think 8 days is too long. I prefer 4 or 5 trips that last 3 to 4 day though. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I think you are crazy. How could 8 days be too much? You are in disney.

Upvote 0

L Fisher

8 days for Disney yes..However don't include a day at SW until you've done WDW..Plan a night in Orlando and then do SW that day..I would recommend a whole day at each park because it will be busy and you'll need to plan around hrs, emh, dining ressies, shows, etc..We're going in 2011 and are staying 2 nights in Orlando we want to do US (harry potter) and then will be staying at WDW 9nights..Have fun on your trip...

Upvote 0

L Fisher

Actually do SW first if you really want to but don't count it as one of your 8 days..Stay in Orlando then go to WDW for your 8days..This way there's no disappointment because it's a different atmosphere but it's a nice park..

Upvote 0

toystorymaniacs

8 days is a nice trip length and you could hit the 4 parks and 2 water parks (don't know about Sea world or UO) but there is no way you could see and do everything in each park in that amount of time. Not and enjoy your vacation. I would say do the 4 theme parks and pick one water park. I would say:

MK 2 days
Epcot 2 days
AK- 1 day
DHS-1 day
Water Park - 1 day
Free day to go back and hit things you really like

Upvote 0

daiglep

Pool hopping ?

im going to wdw in aug for 8days and i wanted to know if that is enough to do everything?? all 4 parks completeley, all shows. The 2 water parks. dowtown Disney. some reort hopping (pools) and seaworld????

Should i nix Seaworld????

Just a little detail...Correct me someone if i'm wrong, but i dont think you can do "pool hopping" at WDW unless you mean that you'll stay in differents resorts during your travel :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Just a little detail...Correct me someone if i'm wrong, but i dont think you can do "pool hopping" at WDW unless you mean that you'll stay in differents resorts during your travel :veryconfu

Spot on, u cant do this each pool is 4 each resorts own guests only

Upvote 0

L Fisher

So you are going in August for 8 days.... just let me say first of all that it is going to be very hot and crowded. Trying to do all that you said in 8 days is going to be very hard. I don't see how that you will be able to all the dinner shows and water works parks and still see everything in the parks and the nighttime festivities. The reason being is once you have been gone all morning, it is going to be very tempting to go back to your room, take a swim or a nap. Of course, if you would only do a few dinners, and limit your self to one waterworks park, it might be feasible. You know the old saying, "you can make plans, but don't plan the results." If you have never been there before...please get a hopper pass. You won't be sorry. Let's say, you start out in the Magic Kingdom, and for some reason want to see the nighttime spectacular over in Epcot..it works much better. Having been there 17 times (I am not lying)...we really do know how to do Disneyworld. Be ready early in the morning, be on the first tram, monorail or bus. If you have small children, after lunch or the character parade is a good time to go back to your room for that nap, or swim..Last time we were there we stayed 10 days. There is a lot to see and do...in fact you don't even have to go anywhere...it is unbelievable. the best of the best. Most important, remember this...if you have a good time your children will have an even greater time...Have fun1

Upvote 0

WDW 3

It's going to be busy! We went for 8 days over Easter (ha) and certainly didn't get to do as much as we would in the same amount of time in November. The wait times were long.:eek:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We go for 8 days each year and find it is more then enough time to do it all. But, we do not do the water parks nor Universal, Busch Gardens etc. We also take a day mid week and go to Downtown Disney for a few hours. We also, do not take daily breaks as so many seem to do. We prefer to spend all our time in the parks. Our favorite park is Epcot and we tend to spend more time there then the others. Begin at rope drop and leave after the fireworks...thats our way of doing it. :)

Upvote 0

jambk

8 days not enough time

I believe 8 days is good if you just want to see the hot spots of WDW. But to really get the full Magic you should stay a minimum of 10 days.
(Skip Seaworld) In July I stay almost a month (DVC Member) My Family & I enjoy everything from of course the parks to the pool, renting boats, parasailing from the Contempory Resort (great views of the MK) to just soaking in the atmosphere of WDW.

With a Disney Vacation Club Membership & an annual pass it's not really expensive to stay that long & even come back a few times a year.

Upvote 0

Philo

The most I've spent in the WDW is 14 days in one trip. During this time we packed in all the Disney parks (apart from TL), both universal parks, seaworld, busch gardens and Wet n' Wild.

It was a lot of running around but it was possible.

I think 8 days would give you enough time to visit everything but don't be supprised if there are some attractions you have to miss.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I have to disagree with most of the responses here and say that 8 days is not enough to do everything. Well...maybe if you rush through it all and do not enjoy it and do not sleep. My husband and I have made it a tradition to take a yearly two week trip, been doing for about 5 years now and I have not done everything. I think the key to disney is to just do what you want when you want and enjoy it. Don't try to rush through it all so you can say you've seen it all because your trip will most likely turn into a disaster.

Ridiculous. I once did everything I wanted to do at the Magic Kingdom in less than five hours. I could easily have done everything in the park. And to suggest that I was rushing is absolutely presumptuous. Disney is not some museum where if you don't spend an hour analyzing the detail of the architecture of the Haunted Mansion then it is considered rushing. Even EPCOT can be done in a day if you do it in resverse: show up when the World Showcase opens and work your way around to Future World in late-afternoon/early evening, when the crowds have moved to WS. I was able to do everything at Animal Kingdom in about five hours as well, without rushing. I skipped the Lion King show since I hate it, but I had plenty of time to see it if I'd wanted. DHS is harder not because of the amount to do, but because of the show schedules...but the rides themselves can all be done within about three hours.

Obviously, crowd levels will affect the amount of time to do things, but you can still have an enjoyable time if you only do one park per day. I once did the four parks in two days, didn't rush once, and experienced everything I'd wanted. My first time at Disney we did everything in three days...skipping only a few attractions we didn't even know were there. Obviously, you can't enjoy all the food offerings in one trip, but most people don't put much stock into that.

Now of course, this is just for the parks themselves. Obviously the other activities at the resorts would take up a lot of time. But again, if someone went horseback riding in the morning, did the NASCAR Experience after lunch and then went parasailing in the afternoon, it doesn't mean they are rushing. And I really do take offence to people accusing people of rushing because they can manage to get more done in less time. I would argue that by attempting to take in every little detail, you are missing out on the atmosphere, because in doing so you acknowledge that it is in fact "created imagery" and therefore removes you from the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

As said earlier in the thread.... "everything" is different for each person/family. Some have said they were able to everthing THEY liked in a certain park in 5 hours. I guess I/we like alot more at the parks then them.:shrug:
Also family make-up I think plays into this as well. As an example...When I was younger, me and my wife(then fiancee) would not spend alot of time in MK. We had no kids and after hitting the Mtns. and a few others we were out of there. Since the kids we spend 1 1/2-2 days in MK to do everything we want.
I think 8 days is enough time to see most of the highlights of the parks, a waterpark and DTD.
Doing the 2 waterparks, in the same day, is "COMMANDO" in my opinion. Also 30 minutes at DTD is crazy... just proves my first sentence.If it would make some of you "Commandos" feel better .. you can call us "Slow-pokes" or "Detailed shedule Keepers". I can take it. I just like to have some relaxation(my definition of) during my vacation and plan that relax time into the schedule. Whatever make you happy.....To each his/her own. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom