Would you have voted Islands of Adventure #1

• YES

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • NO

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don L Duck

You know what I don't get, is if your going to go out in a blaze of glory like that guy did why not just print the whole word instead of drawing a line.:lookaroun :eek:

Jonnyboy

I love driving into Orlando (especially at night) and seeing Hulk tower in the distance. I think IOA is wonderfully designed and HHN will work very well there.

pheneix

>>>You know what I don't get, is if your going to go out in a blaze of glory like that guy did why not just print the whole word instead of drawing a line<<<

There is censoring software in the message board to catch the F-word.

Geez, my computer craps out and I miss being able to pick on a troll. Dammit! :)

Tom Morrow

Well, back on topic. I'll keep this simple: I really do like Universal and Islands of Adventure, but IOA is possibly the most over-rated park in the entire world. The theming at IOA does NOT surpass Disney's theming. Even both Busch Gardens parks have just as good, if not better theming because they have a consistant theme. It is basically a highly themed Six Flags but with fewer thrilling irdes. To call it the world's best thrill park is a slap in the face to parks like Cedar Point, which boasts 15 roller coasters and a ton of flat rides.

MrPromey

Originally posted by SW-FL
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with another FANBOY, Blowhard, FLAMER, DISNEY LOVER!!!!

BTW MORON!!!!! if you'll look back at my earlier posts you'd see, in my opinion I didn't choose IoA as my #1 pic for a theme park, and that I chose USF over IoA.:fork:

Wow, good thing Steve shut him up before he said I had cooties or something. :rolleyes:

I’ll tell you, I spend a few days in the hospital and miss all the fun at my own party! :(

First, I’d like to clear up the whole Disney Fanboy thing. (not that I really have to defend myself on a DISNEY FAN SITE but:) I made a point very early on in this thread to state that taking Disney totally out of the picture, I expected more out of Universal with IOA and considered the overall quality that went into the original Orlando park to be superior to that of IOA. While SW-FL may have listed IOA behind USF in one of his earlier posts, he continued to defend it against my post even when I was comparing it to USF and after I made a point to leave Disney out of it to keep things fair and directly express that I wasn’t trying to compare it to a Disney park in this discussion, he brought Disney up himself. He then went on to make a snide little comment right along with a little face that I am to assume is laughing at me and when I specifically pointed out how Universal began a slow decline in the direction opposite of excellence with my BTF/Rollercoaster explanation along with responses to all of his questions, he blew up… :rolleyes:

How does that go SW-FL? Can dish it out… but can’t take it? And to think, I was being relatively low key this time…

Well, if by the off chance you (SW-FL) happen to be reading this (and I’m going to assume you probably are since that’s what people who get banned on this site tend to do) let me make a few suggestions and please consider them with an open mind: First, don’t bother trying to log on with new user names. It may not happen immediately but Steve will catch you and ban you and when you try again, he’ll ban you again and if you keep it up long enough complaints start getting issued to your ISP and then it becomes a big messy problem when your wife or parents can’t access email because the account's been canceled or suspended or whatever… Obviously you’ve done some surfing around and figured out that there isn’t squat worth of good fansites exclusively for Universal Florida. Most either are either very poorly done or haven’t been updated for six or more months and lack much in the way of a real community like we have here. You know this or else you wouldn’t have been out there looking for message boards on Disney fan
sites when you claim not to even go to Disney parks. Common sense should have told you that going anywhere on a Disney fansite’s message board and talking down Disney would be like going to a meeting of the NRA and preaching stricter gun control laws. I mean, “FANBOY, Blowhard, FLAMER”? Hello? This is a Disney website. Did you not expect some response or could you just not handle the fact that someone was rebuffing you and answering what you apparently thought were impossible questions about things that have already been discussed here? (Such as a parade at IOA and the reasons for possibly needing the soundstages at USF?)

Well, since you are obviously such a devoted fan to IOA, why don’t you start your own website about it? You can post pictures and update it frequently with news and rumors. You can open your own forum where you can discuss everything IOA till your hearts content and if someone wants to say anything at all positive about Disney, you can kick them out or possibly suggest they try this or one of the many Disney sites out there. Yours could be a great beacon on the web not that much unlike the light that Universal (so far, rather unsuccessfully) lights each night high atop the entrance of IOA calling to weary travelers to come and ride and eat and buy in the park of IOA. Your site can be the one among the half dozen or so, available across the limitless world wide web to stand out and be noticed. You could fill the void for all those helpless souls that have nothing better to do than look for action on the message boards of fan sites for the company they loath. It could be a wondrous thing, indeed!

… And after you have slaved for weeks, months, years to make your site a destination on the web for people looking for all that is IOA; After you have plunked more money than you care to remember into maintaining it as you watch your traffic grow to the point that it costs you hundreds of dollars each month to maintain and gives you absolutely no profit at all… When you get to that point and some little jerk comes along and tells you to “take your message board and shove it up your !!!!!!!!” you can ban them too and know that all is good and right in the world for in silence, there is justice. :D

Good luck! ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr Promey, that was absolutely poetic. One of your better efforts, my dear. You bring a ray of sunshine into my life...thank you. ;)

Tom Morrow

:sohappy: That was an awesome response, MrPromey! But why did you actually go to all that trouble just for that idiot (SW-FL)?

Sketch105

Wow. I was completely off guard for that guys outrage. ______ off??? ouch!

Anyway, I like IOA as a park but the theming is subpar. While a lot of people will go over saying how beautiful it is, I have a slightly different opinion.

Marvel Super Hero Island: Great rides. But what is with the cut-outs of the superhero's flying around? Are they supposed to "give life" to an island that's supposed to be a city? if you stare at them long enough, you realize they don't move. :)

Heres an outrageous idea: Hire streetmosphere/stuntman characters (not just the meet-n-greets) to spontaneously hold battles throughout the day. I'd love for a random fight to break out between a wandering Sabre Tooth and Wolverine.

They did do this the opening year, but it was only a small show with Wolverine, Professor X, and some guy with a gun that sprayed smoke. It's a pale shadow to what they could do...

ANYONE REMEMBER THE OLD MARVEL SHOW HELD AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS before IOA even opened?? The stage actually still exists near the old Ghostbusters firehouse (which should have been left labeled, at least!) That's what I'm talking about.

The artwork is good however.

Toon Lagoon: Another Island full of statues and cut-outs of characters that don't move. It is nicely decorated, but when they said "tour your favorite comic book character's place", I expected something along the lines of Toon Town. Dudly Do-Right is poorly done inside (though the facade is awesome). Popeye's is done just right.

JP: This is my favorite themed island for theming. Lack of good attractions, but it is wonderfully landscaped. They need outside covered animatronics to make it seem like a live island.

The JP visitor center is NOT a good re-creation from the movie. The perspective on the roof huts is all wrong and the front is horribly done.

Lost Continent- Luscious with detail, but the buck stopped at the Dueling Dragons queue. The outlay of the ride, while wonderously thrilling, is merely a mess of steel structure when seen at the entrance. While a coaster is basically this ( a mess of steel), there's usually a rhyme and reason to every curve, or a symmetry that makes it stunning to look at. When you enter the gate (past the dueling dragon statues) your view should look at something spectacular, but instead your focused on a mere corkscrew of the ride. This should have been a frame, like Main Street and Cinderella's castle)

Anyway, the rest of the island is spectacularly done, especially Poseidon's Fury facade and Mythos.

Suess Landing is wonderful! Its a colorful adaptation of Dr. Suess' work. My only complaint is that they need to do something with the "Sylvester Monkey McBean's Unusual Driving Machines". IS this the "Rocket Rods" of IOA or What??
I do like the little car that occasionally is seen driving the track.

Port of Entry: most overlooked area. Nicely done (love the Hyperion touch to the large store near the gate, and the little details like "Fire Dept. closed: Moving closer to water" gag.

IOA is wonderful park, but its no Magic Kingdom to me. Theme wise.

tenchu

MrP, I've stopped reading War & Peace, and I'm just gonna search for all your posts instead!

Good going.

And i do believe that IoA'a theming is of a far lower standard than that of disney, no matter what attractions thay have. And i think they could have made a much better attempt at jurrasic park. I mean that story is just begging for a park.

pheneix

>>>Heres an outrageous idea: Hire streetmosphere/stuntman characters (not just the meet-n-greets) to spontaneously hold battles throughout the day.<<<

They've actually started doing this at the Lost Continent. Actually, it was started at the Studios this year in the New York area. Anyway, is it a swordfighting act that evidently breaks out at random times during the day. After the suits finally got a clue and realized that this has a lot more in common with IOA than New York, it was moved there.

>>>The JP visitor center is NOT a good re-creation from the movie.<<<

If you think their version is bad, take a look at the building in Universal Japan. Not only is it a much poorer recreation (they don't even have the huts, it is GREEN metal), but it is nothing more than a giant restuarant!

Hey, Mr. P, even though I don't agree with your opinions, good job handling the troll. ;)

JBloom1029

its a tough question. Every park in orlando is a great park, IOA and MK especially. However, with MK's history and cuz it started it all in orlando itd b tough tosay MK isnt. IOA has the best combination of rides in one park though plus vry good theming.

bvolguards

I would have to say Epcot would be my number one because it is truly a unique experience and there is no other park like it in the world even at disney you have mgm which is like universal studios, animal kingdom which is like busch gardens and then you have a ton of parks like IOA, Cedar Point and Six Flags but there is nothing like Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom