"Intrusion" at Spaceship Earth

BSikor

disneyboy02 said:
I remember a few years back seeing a report on the news about a girl who had climbed out of the haunted mansion doombuggies. She had got her leg caught in the mechenism that pulls the vehicles through the ride and it was nearly severed ...

Actually, she was dragged by her hair. It got caught in the mechanism. I don't want to say she was killed, but not the same after the event.

She was jumping doombuggy to doombuggy.

dvcnut39

MCBRIZZ5 said:
Anyone who does climb out of the car though, should be banned for a good amount of time (years to lifetime) instead of just for that day. People who accompany them should also get a ban of some kind. Maybe this will put a stop to the unruly behavior in these rides.

Ditto!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
In June of 2004 while riding Splash Mountain the woman sitting in front of me jumped out of the log just before going up the final hill (she had a young girl of about 8 with her too!). I couldn't believe it! Afterward, I spoke with a cast member and she said that it happens all the time and that the guests wouldn't be ejected from the park, but that they would be "watched" to make sure it didn't happen again. I think this policy needs to be changed. I would think guests like that would be too much of a risk to allow in the park.

bgraham34

My friends sister works down there now for the summer and she said it stops 3-5 times a week at least for people getting out of it.

tigger248

I know it happens fairly often at splash. Most 101's (ride downtimes) are due to either weather or intrusions. Or, at least that was the case back in 2002. It wasn't uncommon to hear that the ride was down due to an intrusion when I was a cp.

Austin1

I know this is off topic but, does anyone know if spacship earth is closing for a major rehab this year. I Don't think we know yet really but if anyone out there has heard anything please tell!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I dont know how true this is, but I've always heard that at the Haunted Mansion around the seance scene that the floor is actually about 15 feet below the level of the doombuggies. So if you got out of your doombuggy there that you had a rude awakening!!

I would expect that getting out on SE could be just as dangerous considering you never know where the floor is and isn't..

captcanada

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Lap Bars at Disney, what would Walt say.

If people cant behave I can see the bean counters and lawyers insisting that all rides have shoulder harness.

Sadly, not all people can behave.
Maybe they need a "hulking" CM at the end of every ride, who gives very public "spankings" to those who do not behave. It would be quite humiliating for a grown man being spank by a very large person publicly. But...if one behaves like an out of control child.......

I know I'd stand around, and point and laugh.

1disneydood

They should make these people wear dunce hats with mickey ears on it all day for the stupidity. :lol: Better yet, forget the mickey ears. They don't deserve them. ;)

mickeyman65

I know what you mean...15 mintues seems like along time. A couple of years ago I was on BTMR when this happened and we were stuck going up a hill. They turned the lights on and man came down and talked to us while they reset the system. The man said someone was trying to get out so it shut down..he laso pointed out some of the cameras they use when something like this happens...at least we got a free fast pass out of the deal.

BradleyJay

Epcot82Guy said:
The boat-driven attractions can be VERY dangerous. When I worked at LwtL, we are able to cross the boats while they are in motion (Trivia: This is the only attraction where CMs can cross ride vehicles while the attraction is in motion).

Not anymore, when we cam eout of rehab in April, CM's are no longer allowed to cross the boats.

The Greenhouse Team Hates it, and every now and then Maintainence still crosses.

But if we seem them do it, we are to noifity managemnt as soon as we get back back to the dock.

The only time anyone can now cross a boat, is if they are racked out.

WDW_Sam

Yeah but what i fail to understand is why would you ever want to jump out, clearly the floor isnt meant for people to be climbing about on. Also, there could be some quite nasty fall through the ball if there was a hole in the floor.. Ouch!

Sam

mikeymouse

unkadug said:
I dont know how true this is, but I've always heard that at the Haunted Mansion around the seance scene that the floor is actually about 15 feet below the level of the doombuggies. So if you got out of your doombuggy there that you had a rude awakening!!

I would expect that getting out on SE could be just as dangerous considering you never know where the floor is and isn't..

You are correct. I am not sure if it is 15' or not. If you turn around backward as you are leaving the seance room, look back to the cars behind you. There is a light under the track that you can see it is, indeed, a long way down.

BSikor

BradleyJay said:
Not anymore, when we cam eout of rehab in April, CM's are no longer allowed to cross the boats.

The Greenhouse Team Hates it, and every now and then Maintainence still crosses.

But if we seem them do it, we are to noifity managemnt as soon as we get back back to the dock.

The only time anyone can now cross a boat, is if they are racked out.

Oh please! I worked there for a long while and EVERYONE crossed the boats, it drove me nuts as Im doing a tour, maitenance and greenhouse team would be crossing the boat. Greenhouse would also climb on the boat and take over the tour sometimes intergecting their own brand of humor into the thing.

Are they enforcing the rule now? I would hope so, they always said it was a rule then but nobody enforced it.

weluvtink

I hope that they don't put lap bars on rides that don't really need them. It's the only way i can convince my mom to go on anything. She assumes if there's a lap bar it must go fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom