• BobPass

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • FastPass+

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
While I seem to be one of the few people who see's positive in Fastpass+, I still had to vote for Bobpass.....the name won it for me! :)

MattC

Greetings & salutations, friends.

For my 1,000th post here on these awesome discussion boards full of amazing peoples...I would like to unveil a new planned proposal for Disney Parks both here & abroad!

Lately there has been a lot of discussion over the pro's & con's of FP, FP+, Next Gen, etc etc. With every good idea, there needs to be a healthy alternative. That is why on this day, I am officially revealing to you...BobPass! This new state-of-the-art system will revolutionize how guests explore the theme parks, and offer a great alternative for those (like me) who are not fond of wrist-bands & scanners mapping out their every move during a day at the Magic Kingdom.

"So how does BobPass work?", you may be asking yourself right now. To answer this in three words: VERY simple! You see, with BobPass there are no wrist-bands to be worn, gadgets to program, cards to carry, or special scanners needed at the front of your favorite ride/attraction. To use all the full benefits of BobPass, all that is required is paid admission into the park...and BobPass simply takes over and does the rest!

Here's what happens when you choose to use BobPass instead of FP+:
-After entering through the park gates, you are issued...absolutely nothing! YOU get to decide which ride to hit first, which land to explore first, and so on. NO planning required! NO scheduled appointments! NO wrist-bands to be worn! If you want to hit Splash Mtn first...simply walk over to Splash Mtn. If the wait time is not to your desires, no sweat. Simply move on to another ride/attraction and come back at a better time. This experience will bring guests back to simpler times when exploring the beauty & adventure of a park was what it's all about...not NextGen gagdgets planning your every move. Wanna hit Jungle Cruise when it's busy? No problem! Wanna hit HM when it's slow? No problem! No more checking the time constantly to make sure you are at (insert ride/attraction name here) by your scheduled appointment.

With BobPass, you explore the parks as you did as a child...carefree, seeing what you see, doing what you do, exploring what you explore...at YOUR pace with NO appointments involved! BobPass is so simple, there isn't even a pass required!

That is BobPass in a nutshell. Simple, stress-free, and the way I personally enjoy exploring the parks on my Disney vacation. Do you support the idea of BobPass? Please vote in the poll & feel free to share any ideas!

-Bob
(User of the BobPass since 1982).

You might be onto something there Saget. Be careful though. Speaking out against an idea of Mouse upsets execs and a famous guys like yourself can't just sneak into the parks. Wouldn't want them to grab ya and put you Disney jail.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Very, VERY skeptical of all of this. Several thoughts:

1. Your BobPass system requires me to do nothing? To take no action at all other than to enjoy myself in the parks? What kind of a message is this sending to the children of America? Nothing worth having is ever free, or devoid of planning 180 days out. Do we really want to go down a path that will leave the next generation with the belief that upon payment for a good or service a customer should be able to receive that good or service without jumping through many additional hoops? That's not the kind of world I want to live in, or leave behind.

2. Has anyone at BobCo even considered the invasion of privacy that this could be??? What, WHAT I ask you, prevents the BobPass System from forcing me to do whatever I like once I leave the parks and return home? It could force me into making my own decisions and making my own plans far outside of the advertised park experience.

3. Congress will be breathing down BobCo's neck, especially in light of "SOOPO" - The Stop Online Over-exaggeration of Personal Opinion act of 2011. SOOPO definitely applies in this case and the press will have an absolute field day with this. Just you wait. You'll see.

Frankly, I think BobPass is the personification of everything that is wrong with our world today. Forcing decisions upon the masses? Burdening us with choice?

Abraham Lincoln said it best in his Gettysburg address:

licoln_zpse349aae1.jpg

Sad, sad state of affairs.

(By the way, @Bob Saget - Congrats on 1,000!!! :D)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Next thing you know, he's going to try to peddle some patty melts around here.
Careful, if you say his/her name three times, he/she will appear!
In other news, I'm all for you folks using BobPass; it'll make my Fastpass queue even shorter.
*diabolical laugh*

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well I have to say it draws on all the insular, small minded conservatism that the former colony is now infamous for. Clearly it is ageist as it ignores those of us who were no longer children when the World started with its creation, its racist as it ignores the international demographic who were limited travel because of cost, availability and travel restrictions. And its called Bob, which in some parts is slang for .

Disnee4Me

Before the kids were school age, BobPass was the way to go because we'd go to the parks early November or early March. But once they were school aged, it was the last 2 weeks of August, when summer camps ended, and just before school started ... a great ending to the summer or more recently we go at Christmastime, missing just a few days of school. I'm bummed to hear they are planning on taking away the early morning hour, because we would get all the Fantasyland & Tomorrowland rides done in that one hour before the crowds hit. Then we could work our way around the rest of the park leisurely knowing we had plenty of time to ride the rest of the rides.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
2. Has anyone at BobCo even considered the invasion of privacy that this could be??? What, WHAT I ask you, prevents the BobPass System from forcing me to do whatever I like once I leave the parks and return home? It could force me into making my own decisions and making my own plans far outside of the advertised park experience.
That is one of the many glories of BobPass...it is eminently present in most of our daily activities; whether inside or outside of the parks! An invasion of privacy? Some may see it that way. But since when did freedom ever come without a price?
BobPass...we won't ask for your social security or credit card #'s until your trial version expires!

And its called Bob, which in some parts is slang for ****.
That is correct, good sir! Most customers of the BobPass would certainly agree the program is slang for Four Stars! Four stars means excellence...excellence means BobPass!

Happy 1000. Keep on Bobbing ;)
Thank you, worthy Hatter! And your post has inspired a spontaneous sing-along! Friends of the BobPass...feel free to join in as you're able:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom