International Tour Group season about to begin

willtravel

I was at WDW May11-18. I saw alot of school groups there. All I could think of was, damn, all I got was a field trip to a museum...... If that:( The one other thing I did notice also was how many non English speaking people there was. And I do not mean this in a prejudice way....

CBOMB

I was at WDW May11-18. I saw alot of school groups there. All I could think of was, damn, all I got was a field trip to a museum...... If that:( The one other thing I did notice also was how many non English speaking people there was. And I do not mean this in a prejudice way....
That must be the tour groups from the United Kingdom. They all wear football jerseys, and I don't have a clue what language they speak!:)

PRNCSAurora

Beca
Yet another reason to not visit WDW during the peak summer months.

Honestly, why do people visit during that time of year anyway besides the obvious ..kids being out of school?

It is hot, the airfare/gas prices are at their highest..hotel rates are high...the Parks are crowded....dining reservations are nutty....and tour groups.
Just WHY..?

Save your money...and your sanity. Visit off-season.

:)
Because I'm a teacher and the only times that I can go are peak and crazy expensive.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Gotta get my Disney camo :)

This?
il_fullxfull.391820870_pkye.jpg

Or this?
$(KGrHqRHJBQE9qpwrV2IBPeEvjoDz!~~60_35.JPG

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think -If we run into rudeness & the tour group brats pretend not to speak English- I will loudly say "Hey, kid, you dropped your money". When they look down for their moolah, I will say "Ha! Now that we know you can speak English, STOP THAT behavior!".

Heh, that reminds me of when I cleared out a bunch of low lifes from a kitchen staff in Richmond. Not a reflection of language, but who they were and what they did, or rather, didn't do. Nothing irritated me more than them playing ignorant, when I knew they were not... They used to always pretend they didn't understand English (not knowing I understood Spanish pretty well)...so, one day, after weeks of cutting their hours and training their replacements under their noses, the time had come to pick a fight. Payday came, and I said "I'm sorry, there's a problem with your paycheck. You won't be getting one" in English.

They learned English pretty quick!

They quit that day (walking out with their final paychecks)...

MOXOMUMD

Didn't they have to ask a group of about 100 pop warner football players to leave Disney property a few years back because there was a massive fight at one of the all star hotels? I find the pop warner parents to be way worse then the tour groups ( They would basically get wasted every night at the bar and let their children run around the hotel harassing people till all hours of the night). I would take the Brazilian tour group at my hotel any day over the pop warner group.
This reminded me of our only stay at POR. They had some college teams competing in a track event at ESPN. We had hoped to go swimming after we came back from the park but two of the teams got in a fistfight at the main pool and it closed two hours early. We just went to the quiet pool but that was the first time I had ever seen anyone in handcuffs on WDW property.

MikeTaylorSound

Google translate says you should remember these Portugese phrases:
(pronunciation in parenthesis)

1. nåo = no (now)
2. meu = mine (mew)
3. calar-se = shut up (calar-see)
4. vocé esta sendo ruim = you are being rude (vo say esta see-em do roo-eem)
5. nåo è aceitavel = not acceptable (now way a seat tay ah feel)
6. com licenca = excuse me (come lee seen say)
7. da-me espaco = give me space (duh me sparse so)
8. eu sou proximo = i am next (ew soo pross emo)
9. germes = germs (jair mees)
10. voce esta acabado - are you finished? (vo say stah ah kah bod oh)

Hulacat

This reminded me of our only stay at POR. They had some college teams competing in a track event at ESPN. We had hoped to go swimming after we came back from the park but two of the teams got in a fistfight at the main pool and it closed two hours early. We just went to the quiet pool but that was the first time I had ever seen anyone in handcuffs on WDW property.
Wow- we thought we had it bad witnessing hordes of teens at POR....For the price that you pay to stay at a moderate, Disney should never let POR's (or other moderates) peace & quiet be ruined by booking teen groups there.

Skippy's Pal

1. nåo = no (now)
2. meu = mine (mew)

Thanks for these! Think I'll laminate and put on my lanyard.

Killnme

1. nåo = no (now)
2. meu = mine (mew)

Where is the get the Bleep out of the way?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom