International Tour Group season about to begin

here comes the racist rants about the Brazilians again. like we haven't seen a thread about this before. I'm surprised the mods dont remove a thread like this (or atleast move it). and for the record i've been to disney hundreds of times and had plenty of interaction with the tour groups. Besides cheering and holding up the lines, i've never witnessed them be rude or disrespectful to others. ever. And i've been around them alot in lines and outside the rides. Never seen them push anyone or cut anyone. Now the cheerleaders and POP players are another story.

I can tell you about them..We took our girls to WDW December 27, 1985 and were standing in line to go to the Country Bears and were in line and a young gentleman from South America wanted to go up with his friends. I told him that they could meet up with their friends inside and he started to knee me in the back of my knees. I explained to my husband he traded places with me and the young gentlemen tried the same thing with my husband. My husband is 6'3" and weighed 245 lbs. He took one step back on the foot of the young gentleman and he stopped. Once inside he was way on the other side of the room came all the way around and shoved me as hard as he could. My husband grabbed his shirt at the neck and lifted him about 6" off the ground twisting the shirt. My husband said "We don't o things like that in this country." All of a sudden here comes Mom saying "Sorry, Sorry" and my husband told her "we don't do that in this country and your son is old enough to know better." Which again she replied "Sorry, Sorry." My husband then put the young gentleman down at which point, mom grabbed him by the ear and was giving him a lecture in Spanish. I am not against any persons going to WDW they just need to respect the customs of the country they are in.

Panda_

I hate when people whip out the race card so easily. We can't really go well Brazilian group #345 was terrible. I'm sure they have good groups but unfortunately alot of them are annoying and could care less for anyone else and their is a ton of evidence supporting the complaints.

cslafferty

Just for the record, I don't give a mouse's patootie what country they are from, or what language they speak. My personal experience with tour groups being VERY inconsiderate have been from both the United States and other countries - the common thread being they were teenagers. I won't say that it was enough to ruin my vacation, but it certainly put a damper on our moods for the evening, and each day of my Disney vacation is precious to me. But, it's true that Disney won't change policy or do anything about it if we do a quiet slow burn (like I tend to do) or complain about it on forums such as this. When it happens we all need to make a formal complaint in perons or in writing to guest services so our b****ing can become data that the suits can analyze.

I hate when people whip out the race card so easily. We can't really go well Brazilian group #345 was terrible. I'm sure they have good groups but unfortunately alot of them are annoying and could care less for anyone else and their is a ton of evidence supporting the complaints.

Oh this group looks subdued wonder where their flags are?????:rolleyes:

I'm surprised there hasn't been any fights due to these groups, if they are that rude. I guess most people try to ignore it since they're on vacation. It would be nice if Disney would at least lay down the law on these groups to make vacations better for everyone else who has to put up with them.
Just find a CM they will make them give up tables, let them know that they can not have all the spaces to watch the parades. However, the yelling, chanting is another story.:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What are Super Greeters?
From Disney:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/apply-now-to-be-a-super-greeter-with-disney-international-programs/

Apply Now to be a Super Greeter with Disney International Programs

brazil_sg_top.jpg

We are very pleased to announce that we have selected our 2013 Super Greeter Program Ambassadors! They will be our Honorary Alumni Ambassadors as they all share an incredible enthusiasm for the Super Greeter program. Our Ambassadors will be a great resource and a wealth of knowledge for future candidates.
Below are the 2013 Super Greeter Program Ambassadors:

Amanda
Bruna
Camila Clara
Grasiela
Gustavo Karen
Melina
Paulla Rafaela
Raphael
Congratulations to all the 2013 Super Greeter Program Ambassadors!
Disney will be visiting Fortaleza and São Paulo in early March for the Super Greeter 2013 Program. Some of our Ambassadors will be there to meet the candidates.
brazil_sg_lower.jpg

The Super Greeter Program is available for people who are fluent in English and have previously participated in one of the international programs at Walt Disney World Resort. Super Greeters must have a valid passport until at least October 2013 and be proud to represent Brazil and share their culture and experiences with guests and other cast members.

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2012/07...nce-the-experience-for-latin-american-guests/
Super Greeters Enhance the Experience for Latin American Guests

Filed in: About WDW, Walt Disney World Resort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., July 23, 2012 – With the international tour group season in full swing, Walt Disney World Resort is on pace to exceed last year’s record for guest visitation from Brazil.
A big part of the success with international tour groups from Latin America – and Brazil in particular – has been the 80 “Super Greeters” stationed throughout Walt Disney World Resort this summer. The program continues to grow since it began, up from about 30 Super Greeters in 2009.
This year’s Super Greeters from Brazil are mostly alumni of the Walt Disney World Resort International College Program who were already well-trained in delivering an exceptional guest experience. All of them are fluent in Portuguese and many also speak Spanish.
As cultural representatives, Super Greeters assist international tour groups in their common language with tips for visiting Disney Parks and Resorts and engage in conversation to share their culture with guests from all over the world. Besides delivering an amazing guest experience that leads to tour groups coming back to Walt Disney World Resort, Super Greeters” help deliver record-breaking business results.
“Brazil is a very important market to us and over the past few years we’ve seen an opportunity to grow our business and visitation to Central Florida through our legendary guest service,” said Dan Cockerell, vice president of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. ”The innovative approach we take to welcoming guests with ‘Super Greeters’ from Latin America plays an important part in making our Guests from Brazil feel welcome in our region when they visit. This summer we expect to set another record in the number of Brazilian guests visiting Central Florida.”
Cast Members serving as Super Greeters assist international tour groups and share facts about their culture with guests at all four of theme parks, both water parks, Downtown Disney, and several resort hotels, including Disney’s All-Star Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

I_heart_Tigger

Just remember that Disney has nothing to gain by banning or kicking out these groups. Their money spends just as nicely as anyone else's does. Your best bet is to avoid them if possible and to report if they do anything that breaks the law or that infringes on your well being. You may get some recompense for your troubles but it's never going to change. They will always be there. Your sanity will depend on your ability to either avoid them or to just not let their actions get under your skin.

Dads 2 Boys

I have seen many videos of the flag carriers in front of these chanting tour groups.

I agree that kids having fun is what Disney is for, but I have a friend (or acquaintance) that has a daughter in a cheer group. They go and annoy the living hell out everyone around cheering constantly. The girls think they are really giving a good show for eager fans. When I try to explain to her that this is not wanted and is annoying she just tells me that other people at Disney need to get over it because they will do what they want to do. If it annoys people then **** them. Yeah, she awesome like that. :rolleyes:

Many cheer Moms are almost as ignorant about it as the cheerleaders sometimes. I'm not saying all!!!

Dads 2 Boys

here comes the racist rants about the Brazilians again. like we haven't seen a thread about this before. I'm surprised the mods dont remove a thread like this (or atleast move it). and for the record i've been to disney hundreds of times and had plenty of interaction with the tour groups. Besides cheering and holding up the lines, i've never witnessed them be rude or disrespectful to others. ever. And i've been around them alot in lines and outside the rides. Never seen them push anyone or cut anyone. Now the cheerleaders and POP players are another story.

You may not have experienced it but this Feb it happened frequently and it was the specific "Fifteen" group. Many of the groups may be loud and chant but overall fine.

MOXOMUMD

We had the experience of riding on a bus to DTD with a foreign tour group once when we stayed at AllStar Movies. The ride started with me and my daughter and a group of five. One stood in the doorway and motioned some more to hurry. Then when that group got there someone stood in the doorway and did the same thing. After just short of ten minutes the bus was finally on its way and we were packed like sardines and they were sitting on each others laps. We were the only two English speaking people on it. They were actually nice and two guys held my stroller and two girls played with my daughter. They sang some songs all the way to DTD and I felt like we were going to some sporting event. After hearing them chatter to each other I realized they were from ITALY! (I have a grandfather right off the boat from there.) I do have to say they were dressed like they should have been clubbing in Hollywood. I kept thinking there was no where at DTD to look like that! Maybe it was different because they were European. (And that's not a racist judgement so put that card back in your pocket son.)

Tim_4

Wait a second... Were the cheerleaders girls? Get out of here you sexist pig!

See how completely stupid that is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom