Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

dclick4968

We're booked for Nov. 17-27. WDW hadn't updated AK park hours that far in advance, but just checked and they have been updated to the 11pm close time. Also noticed that they have scheduled later times for Nemo (last show at 6pm) and Festival of the Lion King which is listing the last show time as 8:00pm. Seems they are planning for more late night shows in the future, so that's a good thing!

nerdboyrockstar

I saw the 9pm show Wednesday night.I went in with low expectations and was not disappointed. I agree with many of the comments here. The water screens are really hard to see. The pacing of the show is off and no "wow" moments. I took a video of the entire show but I'm sure it looks awful. There was so much going on I had a difficult time deciding where to focus the camera for any length of time. There are performers standing in the aisles holding torches which actually ended up blocking out some of our view. I would have preferred a Bollywood style show celebrating Asian culture and music.

So you were not disappointed... but had nothing but negatives to say about it?

Jon81uk

We're booked for Nov. 17-27. WDW hadn't updated AK park hours that far in advance, but just checked and they have been updated to the 11pm close time. Also noticed that they have scheduled later times for Nemo (last show at 6pm) and Festival of the Lion King which is listing the last show time as 8:00pm. Seems they are planning for more late night shows in the future, so that's a good thing!

Are you sure? I'm seeing 11pm close on the 5th September and then 5pm from the 6th September onwards...

zweltar

Hey, I know you...

glvsav37

Well something is going on. I noticed this morning that JB is no longer available for fast pass, and my JB fast pass for August says "Facility ID not found". I booked it hoping that ROL will be showing by then. Not sure what is going on.

When were you planning in August if you don't mind me asking. We will be there the 1st 2 weeks of Aug.

prfctlyximprct

Where are you seeing this? I'm there the beginning of November and the app and website are still saying 5 PM. Help! Thank you :)

ynahtebwdw

i think a temporary show would have been a great idea if it was actually up to par in terms of quality, however many guests will come and see this (and I'm presuming) go away thinking that animal kingdom still has nothing to offer in terms of nighttime entertainment, thus preventing them from going to the park even when ROL opens. Remember, the vast majority of Disney-goers don't read these forums and so don't know/care about ROL, so this is their first impression of what animal kingdom has to offer at night...I personally am still excited for ROL because of seeing all of the artist's impressions/reading news about it, but i think this Jungle Book thing will put a lot of people off even giving ROL a chance

dclick4968

Where are you seeing this? I'm there the beginning of November and the app and website are still saying 5 PM. Help! Thank you :)

Well....it WAS on the actual website in the calendar section, but it seems to have been removed now! It showed AK open until 11pm and also listed all entertainment options when expanded on the park, but it's no longer there.

glvsav37

My family and I will be there August 2nd through the 11th. Have FP for august 6th.
cool...we will be there the same time—Aug 2-14.

We have dining package reservation for the 3rd.

Dare I say, fingers crossed?

that said...how does the dining package work? do you get lanyards or something that identifies you. There is nothing in MDE that indicates i have the package.

glvsav37

i think a temporary show would have been a great idea if it was actually up to par in terms of quality, however many guests will come and see this (and I'm presuming) go away thinking that animal kingdom still has nothing to offer in terms of nighttime entertainment, thus preventing them from going to the park even when ROL opens. Remember, the vast majority of Disney-goers don't read these forums and so don't know/care about ROL, so this is their first impression of what animal kingdom has to offer at night...I personally am still excited for ROL because of seeing all of the artist's impressions/reading news about it, but i think this Jungle Book thing will put a lot of people off even giving ROL a chance

Does anyone know how the night time crowds have been? now that the park has been open late for a week+

I know you say that the 'vast majority' of guest don't know, but from the little i've seen, it appears to be rather busy.

-em

We went yesterday after our first attempt was rained out last week. We both rather enjoyed it far more than expected.. Yes the screens were hard to see details on but overall liked it. Not my fav show ever but far better than others I've seen and prob will see it again..

raven

I mentioned this earlier in the thread and it's true! A shame.

And a bad NEW (temporary) show may just put people off waiting around DAK at night for a show in the future. So I believe it may be doing more harm than good for them if it continues much longer.

Jeff2140

cool...we will be there the same time—Aug 2-14.

We have dining package reservation for the 3rd.

Dare I say, fingers crossed?

that said...how does the dining package work? do you get lanyards or something that identifies you. There is nothing in MDE that indicates i have the package.
I am not sure what they do for the dining package anymore. I have done some things in the past in which they give you a lanyard, but haven't done a dining package in some time.

Cesar R M

Reread what I wrote. I went in with low expectations and I got the show I expected to see...which was a less than stellar experience. Therefore I was not disappointed since I had no expectation to be blown away.
isnt it a bit sad that you have to drop your expectations by a lot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom