Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

yellowb

Just received a survey in the email about the show we saw last week. The first time I gave a failing grade for any Disney show or attraction. They cut off the middle projection 1/3 of the way into the show, which is also the projection that shows the main video. Worst thing I ever saw at a Disney park.

Jeremy Geertsema

I just saw a live tape of the show on Facebook and it looks like the singers now say some opening words, etc. I didn't watch the whole thing to see if there was any other differences.

PaulaT

We just got back and I had gotten a fp for the jungle book show on a thursday night, but went over to AK on Sat night, walked right into the show, not crowded at all. I have to say, really disappointed in the show, probably the first time I was let down by something new at Disney

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My camera isn't that great, but here's a shot of the water screens viewed from the right most section on the Dinoland side on June 8. The lights from the other side and the Tree of Life do interfere, and sometimes there was a very bright projection light right in my eyes, but it was a vast improvement over the show I saw on June 1.

View attachment 145531

that looks much better than other photos I've seen... but let's also not forget wind plays a big factor in some of this. Could be bad one night and decent the next... hopefully this is the new norm and they've made changes to help it... though I don't know what they could be

Cesar R M

that looks much better than other photos I've seen... but let's also not forget wind plays a big factor in some of this. Could be bad one night and decent the next... hopefully this is the new norm and they've made changes to help it... though I don't know what they could be
I'm surprised they didn't predict for this and used stronger water canons.

disney4life2008

Saw it tonight for the first time. The theater itself is stunning...as we already knew. The audio is also AMAZING in the theater. So crisp and clean. I thought it was the best sounding theater on property. And, I must add that the speakers on the light posts are themed amazingly well and barely noticeable. So, kudos to the designers this time around...obviously a different crew than the hub. ;)

The singers and dancers were also great, but I felt the sheer size of this theater hid their abilities from the average guest which is a shame. If this same show had been in something like the Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast), it would've been stunning.

Overall, it was good. Was I blown away? No. But, considering the time the creative team had to whip this up and the fact that this theater was built for an entirely different show, it's good. I was with friends who hadn't been to the parks in a while and they all said it was really good. Even the kids with us liked it.

I'm anxiously awaiting Rivers of Light now. I want to see everything this theater can do because I feel it's not being utilized to its fullest potential right now.

PS: The water in the screens looked cool to me, but the projections were horrible. We were on the FP Asia side near the center and everything was all blurry. So, after a couple of minutes, I didn't even look at them anymore and just focused on the performers. I'm expecting them to be 4k resolution when RoL debuts. ;)

Stunning? Lol

mimefan

It seems that Disney packed up a small-stage version of The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic! and took it to the White House on July 14. Here's the show that was done at the 2016 Kids' State Dinner (lunch) feting 56 kids from all the states and territories who won a challenge to create a healthy lunch recipe. No water screens, but includes a live narrator, a Mowgli performer, plus several dancers and musicians, and all the singers. Also, eventually, Baloo and Louie!

26:47 minutes long
https://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-a...016-kids-state-dinner-jungle-book-performance

RMichael21

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom