Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

No Name

^^ Very tepid response from the audience. Nowhere near as impressive as the castle projection shows. And why focus on just a deer? Meh.

Umm, sometimes reactions are not easy to hear through a video? Maybe people were so stunned and intrigued that a gasp couldn't excape their mouthes?

All I can say is that I think the Tree of Life awakenings are great. That video actually isn't the best, and seems to have missed the opening. Watch the video below for a better view. Of course the only true way to truly judge it is to experience it in person, where the projections always look much better.

There were more segments to the Tree Of Life that was shown last month as seen in the video.

That video has two awakenings. The first one is the same awakening (but much better video) as Bolt's posted video, the deer and the eagle. And the second one is a longer (5 minute) one with a whole array of animals. I really, especially like that one.

Those are the only two I've seen. Bolt says there are more, which sounds great, and I can't wait to watch. There are also random projected movements of the animals in the tree which look really neat. Or maybe those are part of the larger awakenings? I saw a video somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Anyway, very happy with the awakenings. There is a seperate thread for them, by the way. Now time to watch the full TJB:AwM show.

Jimmy Thick

Im also hearing Night safaris sucked. Yikes this aint good for AK at night :bored:

Confirmed.

I have some inlaws who tried it today and if you don't get to ride it by sunset you don't see anything. There is no extra lighting and my sweet future sister in law called it riding in complete darkness with a cast member not trained for the dark.

Don't really know if they can add more lighting but Disney shot themselves in the foot with this hasty designed package.

Jimmy Thick- Still a diehard, just realistic now.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Just saw the first show tonight, and some comments.

The performers are really good. Great dancing, singing, and all around performance.

Sadly, that's the end of the good.

I was shocked at how poor the projections were. Not even close to Fantasmic, you could barely make at any images, it was just colored light. Perhaps the light breeze was an issue or a technical problem, but it was bad.

The show had no story what-so-ever. It was just a sequence of song and dance numbers.

Staging is really bad. The singers are in the center, with no audience in-front of them. You feel like you are at the edges of the show, even though you are close as possible to the center. All due to the layout of the theater. It might work for Rivers of Light, but its horrible for this show.

The performers were brought in and out on un-themed barges driven by techs - all in plain view. At the end, they were even taken out under near flood lit conditions. It looked awful.

There were absolutely no wow moments in the show, and the ending was very flat. A small burst of low level, low noise, low smoke, animal-safe pyro was about it.

The theater crowd control is a nightmare. The already narrow walkways are covered in masking tape, with a two way system. It isn't a nice place to be before the show or after.

I have zero interest in seeing the show again, and its a shame, because the performers gave it their all, but it just isn't worth an hour getting in, 25 mins in the show, and then 15 minutes getting out.

I would even go as far as to say, seeing this makes me very nervous for Rivers of Light. They are either holding a lot back, or they really haven't achieved much in the two years of construction beyond the theater itself. Nothing installed in the lagoon that was shown was impressive.

FigmentJedi

I would even go as far as to say, seeing this makes me very nervous for Rivers of Light. They are either holding a lot back, or they really haven't achieved much in the two years of construction beyond the theater itself. Nothing installed in the lagoon that was shown was impressive.
That's because pretty much all the good water toys for Rivers of Light are on barges, not installed in the lagoon itself

Last edited:

DarthMileZ

I was there, posted on a few other threads here. The tree was great but a bit underwhelming. But the rest of the park was a chaotic mess. Night time safari was terrible. Visibility was low and fire works from the other parks spoiled the whole "real safari" experience

The cast members were miserable tonight by the entrance. A lot of people talking about having to work longer hours and having to work out how to get home. Was stood queuing for a drink waiting for them to finish a conversation. And a lot of people getting annoyed with people in general

Most of the paths and queues were really dark. For bugs life there was a section of queue in total darkness and had to use our phone

I am concerned for the animals at the safari. They seemed startled by the fireworks and you could hear a lot of the big party thing that was happening on the park

Little Green Men

I just saw the show and people seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was nice, it's only temporary. I knew people would complain about the safari because there were less animals than daytime. I thought it was nice and they have some lighting features so it appears like sunset at the Savannah and moonlight by the end. I got a photo with no flash of a rhino:
image.jpeg

Mike K

My wife and I experienced the Nighttime Safari tonight and we both agreed the experience is far superior during the day. We took the 7:45 slot and had a really beautiful sky with the sun going down but unfortunately, the darkness just made it too difficult to see most of the animals. Luckily, the lions were front and center for us and the rhinos came incredibly close to our truck which was a highlight. It will certainly give visitors something to do during Animal Kingdom's nighttime festivities but it just isn't anything memorable. Frankly, I felt kinda bad roaming the safari that late when the animals are probably used to their own sense of quiet time during those hours.

TTA94

Well IMO RoL will win alone with the lotus fountains. I liked what I saw in the Media Event preview and that was far from the completed version!

Cletus

I just saw the show and people seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was nice, it's only temporary. I knew people would complain about the safari because there were less animals than daytime. I thought it was nice and they have some lighting features so it appears like sunset at the Savannah and moonlight by the end. I got a photo with no flash of a rhino:
View attachment 143783

Sorry....I couldn't pass it up...:)

brb1006

Just saw the first show tonight, and some comments.

The performers are really good. Great dancing, singing, and all around performance.

Sadly, that's the end of the good.

I was shocked at how poor the projections were. Not even close to Fantasmic, you could barely make at any images, it was just colored light. Perhaps the light breeze was an issue or a technical problem, but it was bad.

The show had no story what-so-ever. It was just a sequence of song and dance numbers.

Staging is really bad. The singers are in the center, with no audience in-front of them. You feel like you are at the edges of the show, even though you are close as possible to the center. All due to the layout of the theater. It might work for Rivers of Light, but its horrible for this show.

The performers were brought in and out on un-themed barges driven by techs - all in plain view. At the end, they were even taken out under near flood lit conditions. It looked awful.

There were absolutely no wow moments in the show, and the ending was very flat. A small burst of low level, low noise, low smoke, animal-safe pyro was about it.

The theater crowd control is a nightmare. The already narrow walkways are covered in masking tape, with a two way system. It isn't a nice place to be before the show or after.

I have zero interest in seeing the show again, and its a shame, because the performers gave it their all, but it just isn't worth an hour getting in, 25 mins in the show, and then 15 minutes getting out.

I really hope the delay for Rivers Of Light will be worth it when it finally debuts soon.

brb1006

I was there, posted on a few other threads here. The tree was great but a bit underwhelming. But the rest of the park was a chaotic mess. Night time safari was terrible. Visibility was low and fire works from the other parks spoiled the whole "real safari" experience

The cast members were miserable tonight by the entrance. A lot of people talking about having to work longer hours and having to work out how to get home. Was stood queuing for a drink waiting for them to finish a conversation. And a lot of people getting annoyed with people in general

Most of the paths and queues were really dark. For bugs life there was a section of queue in total darkness and had to use our phone

I am concerned for the animals at the safari. They seemed startled by the fireworks and you could hear a lot of the big party thing that was happening on the park
I hope they add some lights (Lighting Bugs) for "It's Tough To Be A Bug" queue someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom