Interesting WDW Survey Questions

alissafalco

I didn't have conspiracy theory in mind at all, but, with the recent photo-shopped participation of a number of people that have appeared recently, it isn't a wild idea to think that someone is playing fast an furious with our sensibilities. I don't believe in conspiracy theory's which is why I cannot think of any reason why that particular questionnaire had any reason for existing. If you think it's a real survey, then hopefully you will get a chance to take it. I, just don't happen to believe it has any validity. Sorry if that is what you thought I was driving at. Not the case though, if I had I would have told you why I thought it was done and what it hoped to accomplish, however, I am at a loss to figure it out. And no, I don't think that Disney is turning over a new leaf and really want to know or care about what we think about it. If you do... well, who knows, maybe somebody spilled a large bottle of pixie dust all over the offices in California and now they are ready to use common sense. Hey, it could happen!
Or maybe they read these boards...

Goofyernmost

Or maybe they read these boards...
Even if they did they would weigh it against the number of people that aren't as negative and would not do anything to reinforce that negative outlook. However, it is possible that they have just out priced themselves or close to it and that is the only thing that will change anything. I still don't think that they would outright ask that question and they won't until something really significant happens to affect the bottom line. I don't believe that they are there yet, but, maybe closer then they have been in a long time.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Even if they did they would weigh it against the number of people that aren't as negative and would not do anything to reinforce that negative outlook. However, it is possible that they have just out priced themselves or close to it and that is the only thing that will change anything. I still don't think that they would outright ask that question and they won't until something really significant happens to affect the bottom line. I don't believe that they are there yet, but, maybe closer then they have been in a long time.
If they are a smart company, and while some might argue that they are not, they would not wait until AFTER something is affecting their bottom line to try and react. If they felt that there is a rumbling of discontent growing in the public, they would want to gauge that early enough to correct before it actually hurts them financially. If they wait until it's already having a financial impact, it's too late.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Based on the questions and the way they were worded, I'd have to think that this isn't a Disney Questionaire. It is someone with an agenda exactly the opposite of the type that Disney goes for. If you answer any part of their surveys negatively, Disney tends to stop the interview very briskly. I can't believe that anyone in the upper levels wants to know the answers to the questions that are being asked.

every question is 19%, not a chance is this the rodents work

Good point and good eye. I got kicked out of 2 surveys last year over similar worded questions. :-/
Edit to add the last is 34%.. Progress. Just because we have gotten kicked out doesn't mean the OP did. Have been asked similar questions, last September, my survey ended when I answered outside the pixie dust as per cost/ value.

It's not exactly hard to make surveys on the web and photoshop screenshots...just saying.

Hey Guys - I really wish I had the time, creativity and drive that you think I have. My life would be a whole lot different.

I assure you this was a legit survey.

I didn't get kicked out after answering these questions negatively, which I did honestly do on the ones you see here. I will also add there were a few more questions, VERY similar to these types of questions, that I did not print.

Also I don't know about the 19% progress that was pointed out, but I can tell you that it was long survey and the questions seemed to be grouped in types, so perhaps the percentage did change until I completed that group of questions. Who knows?
Again, I didn't make this up and I would bet my house this was a legit survey.

Last edited:

jakeman

Hey Guys - I really wish I had the time, creativity and drive that you think I have. My life would be a whole lot different.

I didn't get kicked out after answering these questions negatively, which I did honestly do on the ones you see here. I will also had there were a few more questions VERY similar to these types of questions that I did not print.

Also I don't know about the 19% progress that was pointed out, but I can tell you that it was long survey and the questions seemed to be grouped in types, so perhaps the percentage did change until I completed that group of questions. Who knows?
Exactly what someone who made up the survey would say...

;)

Goofyernmost

I didn't get kicked out after answering these questions negatively, which I did honestly do on the ones you see here. I will also had there were a few more questions VERY similar to these types of questions that I did not print.

I never said you created the survey, I merely question where it came from. Not once did I think that you did it, just that I didn't believe it to be legitimate. It could be, but, it would be the first time that they cared to know what was happening and I'm not sure what they would change when they found out. You never did answer about the e-mail location/site that originated it and received the answers. I would very much like to believe that all of a sudden they really care, but, I'm cynical enough to be suspicious of such a radical change of attitude. Just because something says Walt Disney World on the top, does not guarantee that it came from Disney. Of course, it isn't legal to misrepresent themselves, but, again it wouldn't be the first time illegal activities have existed on the internet.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
@ShookieJones

What was the email address this came from? Official Disney.com or some such? Since some seem to be questioning the veracity of the survey.
For your viewing pleasure. A screen shot of my inbox after doing a search on Disney Survey. I screen shot the email to the survey in question as well as one that I got for Animal Kingdom early in the year.

To the folks that think that I'm NOT a Photoshop wizard with ton of time on my hands, but rather have been duped by someone;
If they had asked for my SS or Credit Card number in order to the fill out the survey or even my Disney.com password so that they could hack my awesome vacation and make sure that I only have FPs for Tea Cups and Journey into Imagination with Figment then I would think that maybe you're onto something. But seriously guys unless it's one of us nuts around here, who's really got time to send out fake surveys and to what end???

New01.JPG
New02.JPG
New03.JPG
New04.JPG

Last edited:

ShookieJones

Original Poster
I never said you created the survey, I merely question where it came from. Not once did I think that you did it, just that I didn't believe it to be legitimate. It could be, but, it would be the first time that they cared to know what was happening and I'm not sure what they would change when they found out. You never did answer about the e-mail location/site that originated it and received the answers. I would very much like to believe that all of a sudden they really care, but, I'm cynical enough to be suspicious of such a radical change of attitude. Just because something says Walt Disney World on the top, does not guarantee that it came from Disney. Of course, it isn't legal to misrepresent themselves, but, again it wouldn't be the first time illegal activities have existed on the internet.
Yeah of course, but I think I quoted more than one post and I also said "I assure you this is a legit survey" so I believe I may have been addressing you there? Either way I've posted more 'proof' that it was legitimate. ;)

DisneyGigi

I did not mean to suggest in any way you created a fake survey. Just meant it could have been a phish email.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Based on the questions and the way they were worded, I'd have to think that this isn't a Disney Questionaire. It is someone with an agenda exactly the opposite of the type that Disney goes for. If you answer any part of their surveys negatively, Disney tends to stop the interview very briskly. I can't believe that anyone in the upper levels wants to know the answers to the questions that are being asked.
I answered them.... honestly. The survey didn't stop.

And it's legit.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If they are a smart company, and while some might argue that they are not, they would not wait until AFTER something is affecting their bottom line to try and react. If they felt that there is a rumbling of discontent growing in the public, they would want to gauge that early enough to correct before it actually hurts them financially. If they wait until it's already having a financial impact, it's too late.

^^^ THIS ^^^ this is so very true, It's interesting this survey hit so along with the departure of Staggs. Perhaps someone has realized that quality and service may be a better long term strategy than price increases, service cuts and upcharge events.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I did not mean to suggest in any way you created a fake survey. Just meant it could have been a phish email.

it's not the 'disneysurveys.com' is served by dig.com which belongs to Disney, So this survey is indeed legitimate.

If you are interested in tracing down domains I advise becoming familiar with the NSLOOKUP or DIG tools

Domain Name: dig.com
Registry Domain ID: 5552104_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
Registrar URL: www.cscprotectsbrands.com
Updated Date: 2015-07-08T05:26:34Z
Creation Date: 1998-07-13T04:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-07-12T04:00:00Z
Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 299
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
ab1a13b2fe259889e5a3fe07b3837c61316ff7bc.png
@cscglobal.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8887802723
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Registrant Organization: Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Registrant Street: 500 South Buena Street
Registrant City: Burbank
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 91521
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8669936263
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.8669936263
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
486efe88e75e5d45f1e3c158f3909aa1c41ec2e1.png
@disney.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Admin Organization: Disney Enterprises, Inc.
Admin Street: 500 South Buena Street
Admin City: Burbank
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 91521
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.8669936263
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.8669936263
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
486efe88e75e5d45f1e3c158f3909aa1c41ec2e1.png
@disney.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: DNS Ops
Tech Organization: DNS Ops
Tech Street: 506 2nd Ave.
Tech City: Seattle
Tech State/Province: WA
Tech Postal Code: 98104
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.2066644000
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
244ee77ef3a2a9606e993b6274393bacabddcb30.png
@disney.com
Name Server: sens01.dig.com
Name Server: orns01.dig.com
Name Server: sens02.dig.com
Name Server: orns02.dig.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

Goofyernmost

I answered them.... honestly. The survey didn't stop.

And it's legit.
OK, you've all convinced me. What do you make of this turn of events? Is it significant or just a smoke screen? Certainly out of recent character for them. Like I said, nothing would make me happier then some positive results from the questions. I'll guess we will have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
OK, you've all convinced me. What do you make of this turn of events? Is it significant or just a smoke screen? Certainly out of recent character for them. Like I said, nothing would make me happier then some positive results from the questions. I'll guess we will have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I think someone in the company is genuinely worried because of all the recent negative press which Disney has NOT been able to suppress or get killed outright like Willow Bay did with the negative Shanghai articles.

Whether this translates to positive changes for WDW fans like us is an open question though. All that we can do is wait and see.

Goofyernmost

All the signs of a classic disinformation sting. They are even employing malcontent's like Marni

I can see the underhanded work of a Potter fan boy trying to damage the morale of Disney's most loyal customers.
You are not catching me with this one.
Hey, wait a minute. That's true, how come I didn't get a survey to fill out. Wouldn't 33 years of loyalty warrant someone being interested in my opinion? OK, conspiracy is back on the table!
Just kidding. I'm now convinced it's for real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom