Interesting thing brought up in local news tonight

Knett

Original Poster
On the local news here in Baton Rouge, La. tonight, they did a small feature talking about developments in Livingston Parish.

One of the things brought up was they did a $100,000 study about bringing a Disney Theme Park to the area. Said they they should hear back within a few weeks on Disney's reply.

Does ANYONE think Disney would build a park with 2 already being here in the US? I think Livingston Parish wasted $100,000 on the study, but here's hoping I am wrong.

radiohost

Huh???

There has to be a link with this story if it was on the news tonight. Please post the news story.

$100,000????

On a study by an outside group to see IF disney would come???

Im confused...

Knett

Original Poster
this was on the news just 30 minutes ago, will post a link if I see it in the paper online in the morning. This was the first I had heard of it. They did a $100,000 independent study, and I guess contacted Disney with their results. Not sure, they didn't go into much detail about it. I typed this up right after it aired on the news. Hopefully, someone else from the area logs on here, and verifies what I just saw.

Knett

Original Poster
That's my thinking too. I don't know why they spent $100,000 on that study. Granted, it is sorta in between Cali and Florida, but I can't see them building a park there. Not when the 2 parks we have could use some money spent for refurbs, and/or new attractions in the existing parks. Just thought it was interesting that it was reported in the local Baton Rouge news.

Buzzforprez

Never going to happen. Disney just bought out Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ and will be making it their "FIFTH" Gate on the eastern coast. They were afraid of the decline in travel from us "northerners" due to the rise in gas prices.

Or maybe it was Asbury Park. Either way I'm good with it.

:lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
One thing to note about MANY of these rumors from smaller cities across the country is that Disney is branching out into other ideas besides theme parks...remember that Disney resort hotel in Hawaii? There's probably going to be more of those popping up in different places soon.

So whenever someone speculates about Disney, I wonder how often it's just for one of these smaller projects, and not a theme park

radiohost

Wheres Jim Hill when you need him the most!!!

The quote of the year....

"If disney wont come after us, we'll go after them"!!!

I am speechless at the moment...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Never going to happen. Disney just bought out Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ and will be making it their "FIFTH" Gate on the eastern coast. They were afraid of the decline in travel from us "northerners" due to the rise in gas prices.

Or maybe it was Asbury Park. Either way I'm good with it.

:lookaroun

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

If Disney bought SFGA I would need CPR! If they built a park in Asbury Park, not even CPR could save me from the shock.

Heck. If Disney actually built another park ANYWHERE in the US, I would need CPR. Disney can barely keep track of the parks they have. They aren't stupid enough to go building more parks when they have so many that need attention. Plus, with the economy on the verge of bottoming out, few major corporations are about to so spending bazillions of dollars on new ventures.

I think someone just wasted $100k on an idea they came up with when they were realllllllly drunk. :lol:

raven

:veryconfu

Please post a link on this information before Jim Hill gets ahold of it and makes it official on his site.

JasonP

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

If Disney bought SFGA I would need CPR! If they built a park in Asbury Park, not even CPR could save me from the shock.

Heck. If Disney actually built another park ANYWHERE in the US, I would need CPR. Disney can barely keep track of the parks they have. They aren't stupid enough to go building more parks when they have so many that need attention. Plus, with the economy on the verge of bottoming out, few major corporations are about to so spending bazillions of dollars on new ventures.

I think someone just wasted $100k on an idea they came up with when they were realllllllly drunk. :lol:

I agree. I just read Tiggerific's post and said no way did Disney buy SFGA. If they did that would have been huge news up here in NY and especially in NJ. Tiggerific, Did you read that in an article or something?

JasonP

So I quickly hopped on Google.com to see if I can find anything. Look at this article I found on associatedcontent.com.
I never understand the need to go to Disney, for anyone living within driving distance of Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey. Why waste the money on airfare and the time traveling to sweltering hot, gator filled Florida? If you live in New Jersey, New York, Delaware, or Pennsylvania and even beyond, Great Adventure is a much better deal and a much better park. Instead of the Disney characters, you have Warner Brothers to meet you at the gate and greet you through out the park. That means you meet Bugs Bunny instead of Mickey Mouse, how cool is that? Given the choice would anyone pick Mickey over Bugs? Is there any contest at all between Looney Tunes and Princesses?

LOL are you crazy!!!!!! Check out the full article here. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/270343/six_flags_great_adventure_forget_disney.html

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Actually, I know for a fact that Disney's next park will be in Sioux Falls, SD. Really...
And no, I'm not just saying that in hopes that it may someday be true...

sweetpee_1993

To the OP, we lived in St.Tammany Parish for nearly 10 years. I don't see Disney doing anything like a park in Louisiana. It's too close to Florida. Plus, I think the whole Jazzland/Six Flags New Orleans venture is example enough as to why a theme park would not be a wise choice for this part of the country. If Disney wanted to ensure success they'd pick a location within a few hours of another popular vacation destination. New Orleans isn't exactly known for it's "family atmosphere" and Baton Rouge doesn't have the draw. And, like another person stated, with the economy teetering towards a decline more and more each day I don't see any large companies venturing out like that right now.

Wow. And someone actually made the decision to spend $100K for this study. Don't ya just hate waste like that? I suppose some politician somewhere had a cousin who had some dirt on him so there had to be some reason to turn over the hush-money... :animwink:

Eyorefan

Wow. And someone actually made the decision to spend $100K for this study. Don't ya just hate waste like that? I suppose some politician somewhere had a cousin who had some dirt on him so there had to be some reason to turn over the hush-money... :animwink:

:lol: That was my first thought! That or someone needed a new car. :lookaroun

Foolish1

On the local news here in Baton Rouge, La. tonight, they did a small feature talking about developments in Livingston Parish.

One of the things brought up was they did a $100,000 study about bringing a Disney Theme Park to the area. Said they they should hear back within a few weeks on Disney's reply.

Does ANYONE think Disney would build a park with 2 already being here in the US? I think Livingston Parish wasted $100,000 on the study, but here's hoping I am wrong.

Disney's Bayou America

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom