Interesting Theory

jeffk410

not me

I cant draw a straight line even with a ruler =[ i can't even draw a circle. I am probably one of the least artistic people or creative. I am drawn to the attention to detail Disney puts into everything and i love the parks.

SirGoofy

Hmmm. I'm a bit of an odd ball. I'm an engineer. I love numbers and mechanical processes, but I love making people laugh. I'm good at it to, if I may toot my own horn. So if you count comedy as artistic, then yea I guess I'm in your group.

Susan Savia

I love to draw and have written several romance books although just for my friends and family to enjoy....Husband loves videoing any and everything, both inside and outside of Disney Parks and my son is the Photographer in the family. Daughter also has amazing drawing skills and so I guess we count as being artistic. We have a large collection of the older Disney Movies and to keep pumped for the next trip, we always sit and look at past years Disney Vacation videos. :)

csaguy

Nope, I'm no artist. I'm an engineer. I love the details Walt Disney put in the parks. I also like to de-construct the rides in my mind after I've enjoyed them.
I'm just weird.

Vernonpush

I am the Master Carpenter for a Children's theatre. I also make Props/ Special Effects and sometimes help out as Assistant Scenic Artist (and when I'm really bored I help out in the Costume Shop). I was inspired to go into this line of work after visiting Disneyland and watching the Disney shows on TV as a child. So, yes, I would say I'm artistic.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I think it has more to do with imagination and creativity than artistic talent. I don't consider the three to be mutually exclusive. To really love and get the most out of the Disney parks you need to have the ability to suspend disbelief. People who are imaginative or creative are more able or willing to do that in my opinion. We took a first time visitor to Disney on a trip last year and he didn't get much out of the parks because he couldn't leave reality behind. We got comments like "its stupid that they keep saying we're in Africa when we're in Florida?"

You can put me in the artistic category- I taught art for 7 years. :wave:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm a musician, and I think that, generally, WDW requires creativity and imagination to really enjoy, which is closely related to artistic...ness.

RiversideBunny

..... We took a first time visitor to Disney on a trip last year and he didn't get much out of the parks because he couldn't leave reality behind. .... :wave:

They say that to enjoy a movie you have to have 'a suspension of disbelief' while you are watching it.

:king:

Philo

I am 25, always loved Disney films but never actually got to a park (despite best efforts) till I was 21 and I've been totally hooked since with multiple trips to WDW and DLP and next year I'm off to DL.

I'm an engineer (a cyberneticist to be precise) and like other engineers have said, I love thinking about how the rides work and how they we're put together.

I am also a very (very) amature musician but I don't count myself as creative in anyway. I have no eye for detail and I certainly don't have the imagination it takes to be creative.

No one would go to Disney with me till I met my wife whom I dragged, with some aprehension, to DLP. She is very, very creative and she loved every second of it from a different angle.

The reason I really love the disney parks though... The atmosphere.

So I guess you are both right and wrong.

Creative here, love to sew, give me a piece of fabric and tell me what you want, just wish I had more time to do it. DH and I both love detail, decorated different rooms with different themes, tastes, decors. DH extremely creative, as a 23 year veteran teacher never ceases to amaze me how he can constantly keep the kids (junior high age !!) learning and enjoying it! Hopefully future DIL will give me the honor of helping her design and then making her wedding gown!

SeaBreeze

Put me in the engineer category :wave: I did dance for 12 years and do TV production, writing and acting for a bit in high school but I'm a mechanical engineer now. All my friends who are Disney nuts are also engineers... I see a trend here haha

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I grew up going to WDW for one long weekend a month from birth until 14 years old. I'm 25 now, and EPCOT Center is my favorite memory of all time. I was the #4 alto in the state of North Carolina in 2001, so I guess you'd consider me artistic. I'm also very creative and chose PR to be my career path in college meaning I'm quick on my feet and love a creative challenge... Though I've resulted to being a radio DJ for now. :D

Not sure if I fit your mold or not!

VT GAL

Guilty here!

I have degrees in Theatre Arts(Stage Management TA-UT baby) and English.

My DH has a degree in Theatre Arts (lighting design) and loves doing anything with graphic arts.

So, guilty here!!!

cameronmouse

I am just wondering...And because in my small test sample my hypothesis is correct, I would like to get some input on my fellow WDW enthusiasts. I am a 26 year old male and I have always been very much into Disney and everything about it. Never living more than 4 hours away from WDW might have helped, but a lot of my friends growing up were in the same boat as me in that aspect. I have always been in the "in" crowd and have had lots of friends. Very few of them share my love for the parks, or at least to the level that I love them. However my friends that do share the same interest level in Disney as I do (men and women alike), are all very artistic in one way or another , as well as myself (music). And after seeing everyone's awesome pictures on the daily photo posts I am gathering that a lot of photogs are very much into Disney as well (which is absolutely another form of artistry IMO). So I am gathering that the creative/artistic part of our minds which is usually the most dominant part of an artist's personality/mindset may be the reason why we are so drawn to WDW and everything that it brings. So I was just wondering how many of us are artists in some way or another? and do any of you see the same trends among your friends? Just thought it would be interesting discussion. :ROFLOL:

wow thats a very good point you bring up. I'm pretty artistic being I was a music major in college, and have never thought of it like this. The only people I know that are into disney like I am are artistic in one way or another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom