Interesting rumors about marvel in dl & wdw

zachrupertdsn

Original Poster
The article below features some of the same rumors I have read on here, except when they start talking about the marvel characters in wdw. It appears that there has been some discussions about a deal being struck. Now people always talk about the fact they won't give up the islands of adventure, maybe the deal would allow both parks to use them?

http://www.slashfilm.com/theme-park...eyland-ride-battle-favorite-animated-villain/

Seems interesting to me.

gljvd

Do you really want to see Iron Man in a princess gown and tiara?

there is a huge need for some more boy friendly additions to the wdw parks.

FLE is a step towards making Magic kingdom a very girlish park.

I know my nephew has no interest in princesses and could care less about FLE. I'm sure if Disney got marvel characters he would be extremely excited.

SleepingMonk

I love Disney, but I don't think they can do this type of material justice.

Maybe once upon a time, but not now.

Universal has it's faults but they're not afraid to make a ride that will rip your face off.

menamechris

Exactly. The only type of attractions that make sense for a franchise like this are thrill rides. That doesn't do much for 6 year old boys who wouldn't meet the height requirement. If they are in any way shape or form wanting to put Marvel in the parks, imo, it should be part of an expansion at HS.

erasure fan1

Exactly. The only type of attractions that make sense for a franchise like this are thrill rides. That doesn't do much for 6 year old boys who wouldn't meet the height requirement. If they are in any way shape or form wanting to put Marvel in the parks, imo, it should be part of an expansion at HS.

I totally agree, keep them in the studios but thats about it. I could see a nice mini land there with a headliner and a couple small attractions.

wdwfan4ver

I agree, but the question is in terms of space for a min Marval Land in DHS if Pixar Place gets an expansion.

The places in DHS which I consider attractions that could go away is Sounds Dangerously, LMA, Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspin.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is out of Question for Marvel because that area is perfect for rides involving movies that Lucas was involved in.

Sounds Dangerously isn't big enough spot for creating whole land for Marvel.

The space for Journey into Narnia is more made for expanding one Man's dream.

pppapazo

FLE is a step towards making Magic kingdom a very girlish park.

I hear claims like this repeated a lot but don't really understand them. The Magic Kingdom's signature attractions, at present, are about jungle animals, pirates, mine trains, ghosts, rocket ships, aliens, and monsters, all of which are stereotypically skewed towards boys. The only attraction in the whole park to explicitly feature a female in a starring role is Snow White's Scary Adventures, and it's being closed.

JustInTime

I hear claims like this repeated a lot but don't really understand them. The Magic Kingdom's signature attractions, at present, are about jungle animals, pirates, mine trains, ghosts, rocket ships, aliens, and monsters, all of which are stereotypically skewed towards boys. The only attraction in the whole park to explicitly feature a female in a starring role is Snow White's Scary Adventures, and it's being closed.

Finally somebody has a perspective that makes a little sense. I have said this before as well. FLE may seem girl-heavy, but every major attraction in MK is boy-heavy. I think even if the Mine Train wasn't added and we were still getting the old FLE plans, the park would still be very boy heavy. IMO FLE = what is needed.

P.S. now that I think about it, most major attractions in all four parks are boyish. Or neutral in the least. I say they add some more girly stuff to all the parks. Starting with a Fantasia Dark Ride for Animal Kingdom!

The Duck

Do you really want to see Iron Man in a princess gown and tiara?

Hey! What Tony Stark does in the privacy of his own mansion is... :eek: Oh never mind. That's just twisted. Anyhoo... this all sounds like wishful thinking but DHS sounds like the most logical place for anything Marvel related. Not holding my breath though.

El Grupo

I agree, but the question is in terms of space for a min Marval Land in DHS if Pixar Place gets an expansion.

The places in DHS which I consider attractions that could go away is Sounds Dangerously, LMA, Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspin.

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is out of Question for Marvel because that area is perfect for rides involving movies that Lucas was involved in.

Sounds Dangerously isn't big enough spot for creating whole land for Marvel.

The space for Journey into Narnia is more made for expanding one Man's dream.

Looks like there would be a sizable amount of space available for an expansion if Disney pushed out the entrance road and South Toll Plaza about 200' - 300'. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=28.353829&lon=-81.561414&z=18&l=0&m=b&search=lights%20motors%20action

Also, Disney could repurpose the LMA area as part of an expansion. Or, as an alternative, incorporate Marvel into a stunt show. The BLT, costume center, misc. bungalows, LMA practice area and tram storage could be used for Pixar.

Just some thoughts.

lebeau

Finally somebody has a perspective that makes a little sense. I have said this before as well. FLE may seem girl-heavy, but every major attraction in MK is boy-heavy. I think even if the Mine Train wasn't added and we were still getting the old FLE plans, the park would still be very boy heavy. IMO FLE = what is needed.

P.S. now that I think about it, most major attractions in all four parks are boyish. Or neutral in the least. I say they add some more girly stuff to all the parks. Starting with a Fantasia Dark Ride for Animal Kingdom!

Exactly. The fact of the matter is that the princess stuff is just evening a scale that has been horribly out of balance for generations. Even after FLE, the majority of the Magic Kingdom and the resort as a whole will still be skewed towards interests that are traditionally male.

The "cooties" mentality of some people around here just blows my mind.

BrittanyRose428

I have a bus driver rumor somewhat related to this. Complete rumor (not saying I think it's true I actually think the guy was purposely trying to mess with everyone, and it was kind of weird)

But I was on a Magical Express Bus in June and over the intercom the driver started talking about the Marvel situation and he said something along the lines of "So all those rides in Islands of Adventure are going to be moved into Disney World, and Disney is going to have an entire roller coaster park!"

I know its just something stupid a bus driver said, but to say it over the intercom like that?? The kids across from me on the bus seemed so excited. :dazzle:

dvcnut39

Both Spiderman and The Simpson Ride are both great attractions that would work with Marvel characters I know Spidey is a Marvel character) and would be family friendly and both have a 40" height requirement. The Marvel rides/attractions wouldn't necessarily have to be coasters to get a thrill.

BrittanyRose428

Both Spiderman and The Simpson Ride are both great attractions that would work with Marvel characters I know Spidey is a Marvel character) and would be family friendly and both have a 40" height requirement. The Marvel rides/attractions wouldn't necessarily have to be coasters to get a thrill.
I was thinking that too. I don't know it was just weird that the driver said it over the intercom like he was advertising it. I've heard of them giving out wrong information when you ask them but I never heard one just announce something like that to a bus full of people.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Maybe once upon a time, but not now.

Universal has it's faults but they're not afraid to make a ride that will rip your face off.
When Disney does make a ride like this they get complaints to no end (ie M:S and AE)

Bender!

I'm not surprised that there's already closed door negotiations to get the Marvel characters at the world, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

A 5th gate is certainly not in the cards, even if they did get the Marvel characters in the parks. They need to make their current 4 parks able to stand on their own ground first.

cowanfamily

I'm not surprised that there's already closed door negotiations to get the Marvel characters at the world, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

A 5th gate is certainly not in the cards, even if they did get the Marvel characters in the parks. They need to make their current 4 parks able to stand on their own ground first.

Could you elaborate on the last statement. If these parks aren't supporting themselves, no park anywhere is. Did you see the attendance figures?

Maybe I misinterpreted what you said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom